Diamana S+ opinions please

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good morning. I just bought one of these to try in my Ping G25. Has anyone tried it and care to offer an opinion? Thanks

Really nice shaft. You putting it in your driver?

I have been playing the D+ for a few months now and love it. The S+ is supposed to launch a little higher and spin a little more.

It is a great mid launch shaft

I have a very agressive swing and it felt a touch soft

I really am enjoying my time with it. It launches a tad lower than my current gamer, but it's a fantastic shaft that can be a cheap experiment for someone that wants to try. Looking forward to your thoughts.

I have them in my fairway woods.

Very smooth feeling shaft. Good mid flight. I don't think they're too stout. But the definitely do a nice job of getting the ball in the air.

I have it in my OptiForce. And I've driven it straighter this year than I have in a long time.

If that counts for anything.

It definitely plays softer than its flex code IMO. I think swing transition is a big factor in whether this shaft fits you. The torque on this shaft is pretty high. The tip is a little soft to me as well. If you have an aggressive transition move and generate lots of lag, the Diamana can feel a little too soft (I'm in this group). I'll hook the ball on my better swings with that shaft. If your swing is more smooth and rhythmic (ala Fred Couples), this shaft is the jam. I carry 2 drivers and I have this shaft in one of them. If I'm starting to get tired, stiff or just plain not turning well, I'll start blocking drives to the right. I know to pull the driver with the Diamana and I'll start finding fairways again.

It definitely plays softer than its flex code IMO. I think swing transition is a big factor in whether this shaft fits you. The torque on this shaft is pretty high. The tip is a little soft to me as well. If you have an aggressive transition move and generate lots of lag, the Diamana can feel a little too soft (I'm in this group). I'll hook the ball on my better swings with that shaft. If your swing is more smooth and rhythmic (ala Fred Couples), this shaft is the jam. I carry 2 drivers and I have this shaft in one of them. If I'm starting to get tired, stiff or just plain not turning well, I'll start blocking drives to the right. I know to pull the driver with the Diamana and I'll start finding fairways again.

Doesn't Gary Woodland use this in his driver? That dude is quite aggressive.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes I believe he plays a 103 gram xstiff version at 44ish inches. If it can handle him and his 380 yard hammers, it can handle anyone.

I'm pretty sure Tiger plays an older version as well. I know he had a Blue Board in his driver at 100+ grams

I have the 62X in my Alpha and my Bertha 3 metal... I like the shaft! I've kept the distance I've always had with previous heads, but I've improved my dispersion significantly. I haven't played X stiff in years and thought these would be too stout, but it's not the case at all. I'm not shy about my transition to the ball either. When I hook, my miss, it's not because the shaft can't handle the transition, it's because I naturally come from the inside and flip my hands, causing the hook. I'm averaging over 280 with my Alpha, and hit two over 300 yesterday. Great shafts! I'm playing my driver at 45", and the fairway at 43"...

Its a great shaft. I play it in an X flex not because its too soft in stiff but because I just love the flight I get out of the 62x

Played the 72x snd 82x in driver and hybrid for a while. Great feeling mid launch mid spin shaft

I'll provide some feedback after I put the 72x into action today in my 4w.

S+ and D+ are very close to Kai'li and ahina. These two shafts are just the most stable shaft I ever played for my swing. They feel so smooth even in x-flex. Have they s+ 82 tipped 1 inch in my 4 wood. I can go after it full power when I need and it's just so stable.

Woodland is strong and has tons of speed, but his transition is quite smooth. Doesn't change that the shaft plays softer than its flex code. I do better with a stiff than reg in these and I'm a reg throughout the bag.

I'm pretty sure Tiger plays an older version as well. I know he had a Blue Board in his driver at 100+ grams

103x if I recall in both the 3 and 5. I thought I read he played it in driver as well late last year for the extra control.

Back