Odyssey Putters Thread

About the only cover I can drop that on would be a thp MC cover to be honest.

I want it, but damn.

Want a putter badly enough that I didn't pull on the cover. Maybe we will start seeing some in Team Callaway? Who knows.

PT ix 9HT?

She's real, and she's fabulous

That or Tank Cruiser #7. Trying to scope some out on the bay, the iX is hard to come by in an auction format.

That or Tank Cruiser #7. Trying to scope some out on the bay, the iX is hard to come by in an auction format.

I got mine via Buy it Now/Best Offer. Made a slightly low-ball offer, guy countered, and then I countered his counter and he accepted. Shade under $200 i believe ($180ish)

I got mine via Buy it Now/Best Offer. Made a slightly low-ball offer, guy countered, and then I countered his counter and he accepted. Shade under $200 i believe ($180ish)

Don't want to thread jack, but jeez that's a steal. I sent in a similar low ball and the guy countered just under 3 bills. I just walked away. Looking at one now for auction, hoping to make it work for around 220.

Just came across this guy... Odyssey will get another shot at earning a spot in my bag, and chances with a center shaft this time are much higher.

9ane5eqy.jpg

Finally ordered.

Sorry, just saw this Jordan. The course I played and where most of my rounds are these days have pretty soft and slow greens. I putt in the heavy weights in the head and grip, I believe they were 30 each.

I would move to the lighter weights on faster greens in the head. Need to experiment more to see the impact.

I had a very similar thought process for the weights when it comes to the MC. TB and Caledonia are going to be fast compared the greens I typically play. I think I'm going to start with lighter weights in the head and then go from there. I won't have a ton of time to experiment but I'm so confidant standing over that putter that I don't think it will make a HUGE difference.

I had another great night with my TC 330M last night. I love the weight setup that I have right now (20g in head, 15g in the shaft.) My stroke seems to be very consistent and it has led to some really nice putts. Last night I had 5 chances at 5-6 footers and 4 of them dropped. The one that didn't was a 5 foot birdie putt on a par five that caught the left side of the cup and lipped out.

The lag putting is what I am most impressed with, and maybe it's the insert or the counterbalance or maybe a bit of both, but I feel like I am leaving those 20-30 footers closer than I have ever in the past. I feel like that if I can hit the green in regulation, no matter how far away I am, I can walk out of there with only 2 putts. I will have this putter in my bag for awhile, the ability to add/subtract weight makes this putter versatile for any type of situation, although I don't see myself going a different route (weight-wise) at all.

I had another great night with my TC 330M last night. I love the weight setup that I have right now (20g in head, 15g in the shaft.) My stroke seems to be very consistent and it has led to some really nice putts. Last night I had 5 chances at 5-6 footers and 4 of them dropped. The one that didn't was a 5 foot birdie putt on a par five that caught the left side of the cup and lipped out.

The lag putting is what I am most impressed with, and maybe it's the insert or the counterbalance or maybe a bit of both, but I feel like I am leaving those 20-30 footers closer than I have ever in the past. I feel like that if I can hit the green in regulation, no matter how far away I am, I can walk out of there with only 2 putts. I will have this putter in my bag for awhile, the ability to add/subtract weight makes this putter versatile for any type of situation, although I don't see myself going a different route (weight-wise) at all.

Thanks for the update.

I've been putting with 15 in the head & 30 in the grip seeing similar results. The confidence is sky high with this putter and I think personally for me it's the insert. IMO it puts a good roll on the ball and once I got use to it, lag putts are that much easier.

Reading your post I might switch to that set up and practice with it. I like the heavier head feel and curious of how that might feel.

Just putting around in front of the TV, but this may be the softest insert I've ever hit. Much better feeling about this one than the heel shafted milled 2 Ball I tried.

yzury6y5.jpg

jahepysy.jpg

2 more rounds in with the TC 330M and it just putting with this thing just continues to be the strongest part of my game right now. I am getting to a point where if I can get the ball in the 5-7 foot range, I feel supremely confident that I can convert those putts. I had a few shots last night where I stuck a wedge pretty close after some punch outs and converted the 5-6 footer to save par.

I've developed a nice routine with it now, and that seems to have made all the difference as well. 20g weights in the head and 15 in the shaft will be the setup I will be using, it's pretty much a no brainer after the results that I am seeing.

Tank Cruiser #1 is such a solid add to the bag. I still love my Versa but this has filled in nicely as an additional putter I can add or subtract from the equation and not miss a beat.

4 rounds in the books with my Odyssey Protype IX #9HT and ZERO 3-putts

Correction: 5 rounds with no 3 putts

1 putts by round

Tank Cruiser #1 is such a solid add to the bag. I still love my Versa but this has filled in nicely as an additional putter I can add or subtract from the equation and not miss a beat.

Have to agree sir. I think the wide body adds the extra that makes the difference for me.

Correction: 5 rounds with no 3 putts

1 putts by round

Maybe it's because you are hitting the ball closer to the hole? Those are some impressive stats.

Oh I've definitely been scrambling quite a bit as well

I was giving you a chance to puff your chest out about your ball striking.

I've been going back and forth between a bunch of putters. 2 are the white hot tour #9 and protype ix #9. Anyone know the difference between the two inserts? Anyone tried them both? I know jlukes has the ix

The IX uses the same insert as the pro. From everything I've read, the WHT insert was one of the firmer inserts they released - similar to the White Ice

Have had mine for about 2 months. Have played around with the weights settled on 20 toe 10 heel 30 grip. Worked well until last two weeks. Green speed picking up had to change grip to 15. Deadly again. The overall adjustability of this club is amazing.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Back