2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Poor Rose being stuck with Na. Bet he is well over par tomorrow.

They were commenting today how Na is now on average with the pace of play in the PGA tour versus slow like before--gonna be a hard rep to live down.

For the sake of the Women's US Open, I hope there isn't a Monday playoff, they deserve the same amount of practice time as the men received.

True. But I'm sure they are learning a lot by watching this weekend.

But nothing beats on course preparation.

If it did happen I'm sure they could be on the course by early afternoon after the playoff.

But I have a feeling they don't need to worry :)

For the sake of the Women's US Open, I hope there isn't a Monday playoff, they deserve the same amount of practice time as the men received.

Well considering it would be one group out there, there would be nothing preventing practice on the rest of the course, or front 9 after the group is through etc.

They were commenting today how Na is now on average with the pace of play in the PGA tour versus slow like before--gonna be a hard rep to live down.

It is more than just slow play. The dude is hard to watch and always seems pissed off.

I'm so hoping for a Fowler charge tomorrow! In a battle of re-tooled swings, I'll take Fowler and Harmon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is more than just slow play. The dude is hard to watch and always seems pissed off.

Watched him a bit today--I will say he has improved a ton. There may still be some work to do, but I used to hate having him in a group that was on the show, but seems normal and much more positive now.

Watched him a bit today--I will say he has improved a ton. There may still be some work to do, but I used to hate having him in a group that was on the show, but seems normal and much more positive now.

Let's hope it continues. I think he got to Sneds a little today.

Let's hope it continues. I think he got to Sneds a little today.

Well the energy was sucked right out of that group after the couple of double bogies from Na closing out the day. Sneds just could not seem to gain any ground all day.

Last 11 groupings for tomorrow are listed below. Honestly, no reason to even turn on the TV until 3 PM Eastern.

1:45PM: Rory McIlroy, Adam Scott

1:56PM: J.B. Holmes, Marcel Siem

2:07PM: Jason Day, Jimmy Walker

2:18PM: Garth Mulroy, Francesco Molinari

2:29PM: Victor Dubuisson, Brendon de Jonge

2:40PM: Chris Kirk, Jordan Spieth

2:51PM: Justin Rose, Kevin Na

3:02PM: Brooks Koepka, Matt Kuchar

3:13PM: Brandt Snedeker, Dustin Johnson

3:24PM: Henrik Stenson, Erik Compton

3:35PM: Rickie Fowler, Martin Kaymer

Rory and Adam Scott together. I'd watch that...

I am not a huge Fowler fan either, but I would love to see him go out and throw a 66 up there and put some real pressure on Kaymer...I would love to see Rickie take it.

I am not a huge Fowler fan either, but I would love to see him go out and throw a 66 up there and put some real pressure on Kaymer...I would love to see Rickie take it.

Didn't Fowler miss a lot of fairways and his putter bailed him out pretty well on Saturday? Anyone depending on the putter like that is usually going to blow up (live by the sword, die by the sword). He's not used to being in this position - not sure I'd expect a 66 from him on Sunday. But I guess, in golf, anything can happen. As for Martin Kaymer, I'm amazed at his mental toughness - there were several times yesterday where he could have crumbled. I really think his TPC backnine experience and what he learned pressure is really helping him this week. Good luck to him today.

There were several LPGA players here walking with the men during the practice rounds with thier caddies. They have been studying this course all week. Plus many of them played the week prior as well as the men.

Obviously not having full details, sounds like an over zealous trooper to me.

Back to golf, I can't imagine trying to get any sleep when you're sitting on a 4 shot lead in the US Open, but I hope Kaymer comes out today and holds the lead. I'd much rather see Rickie challenge with good play than Kaymer make it interesting with poor play. Leave it to Ze Germans with their tennis ball necklaces trying to win our golf national championship! :alien:

Monday at a practice round there was a cart driver hauling GC host and looked like he was in a hurry - nearly ran over a couple of people. He was pretty irritated that no one got out of his way - if you've ever been to a PGA event, those golf carts are a PITA - very little consideration for "patrons" in my experience.

As for Roger - he's a heart attack waiting to happen. Smokes, out of shape - without the cart, he's in trouble.

Rex Hoggard of The Golf Channel just tweeted that he spoke to Mike Davis this morning and said they will set the course up easier today than yesterday.

My guess is, they'd rather give the four or five guys who have a shot a better chance to shoot a really low number. Than to make it hard and hope one guy shoots a very high number.

I think this type setup also lessens the chance for a 7 or 8 shot victory.

I'd rather see a very tough set up and see if Kaymer could maintain that level of play.

With this type setup all really needs to do is shoot 68 or 69 and most likely no one will catch him.

I'm poor I can't afford bets like that.

Stop ruining my fun THr I'm trying to get the rickie lovers all worked up.

Not a Rickie lover. Just a Rickie fan

BqK4zNoIAAAm4pw.png

On another note. Be sure and keep your eye out for own T2Green18 this afternoon.

He'll be marshaling the 18th hole for the late groups. I think in the grandstands.

"Stand Please"

2 drivable Par 4's(3 &13), both Par 5's reachable, Payne Stewart hole location on 18...could be an exciting day

USGA Mke Davis says the course will be set up easier - that Saturday was the hardest set up.

In summary....
Today will be "similar golf course in terms of firmness and speed"......"as far as hole locations, there will be a lot more gettable holes"......"Sunday will be a day that you can get birdies or maybe even an eagle"....Third hole and 13th hole tee markers to be moved up. Third hole need to work the ball left to right. Thirteenth 285 yds uphill - both can be difficult if poor tee shots. Two par fives will be reachable. Payne Stewart location hole on 18th green.

Rex Hoggard of The Golf Channel just tweeted that he spoke to Mike Davis this morning and said they will set the course up easier today than yesterday.

My guess is, they'd rather give the four or five guys who have a shot a better chance to shoot a really low number. Than to make it hard and hope one guy shoots a very high number.

I think this type setup also lessens the chance for a 7 or 8 shot victory.

I'd rather see a very tough set up and see if Kaymer could maintain that level of play.

With this type setup all really needs to do is shoot 68 or 69 and most likely no one will catch him.

Great story on GC on Shinnecock 2014 Open when the greens were treacherous in the final round (Els shot 80). Goosen won. USGA had egg on its face from that experience and has learned not to make the course so laughable like it did in 2004.

Great story on GC on Shinnecock 2014 Open when the greens were treacherous in the final round (Els shot 80). Goosen won. USGA had egg on its face from that experience and has learned not to make the course so laughable like it did in 2004.

I missed the feature. But I remember that Open well. They actually had ground crew watering the 7th green between groups.

I may be wrong bit that May have been Mike Davis's first year as Director of Operations. To his credit he has never backed away from saying they went too far that year.

A couple years later at Winged Foot i was one of the last spectators in the stands on Thursday on the 18th about 8:00 watching the final group come in.

He actually came and sat next to me for a few minutes asking my thoughts of the whole experience as a fan.

I gave him my thoughts. All 1000% positive. I didn't really know who he was at the time. But thought how cool it was that an executive of the USGA would just come sit with a Joe Fan for a few moments, he could easily have hung out in the hospitality tents.

Back