Would you play Pinehurst #2?

Would you play Pinehurst #2?

• Yes, a firm and fast course sounds great.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Maybe, if someone paid my greens fee because I'm indifferent about it.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • No, it looks like a goat track, I'm not paying money to play there.

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would play it....It would probably eat me alive.....I would enjoy every minute of it!

I would play it. But I thought the restoration looks, well, less than visually pleasing.

I played it last year, along with #1, #4 and #8. I had to play #2 because of it's history and tradition, and it was on my Bucket List. But frankly, I enjoyed #4 and #8 much more. The course, #2, IMO is not really very pretty,and the greens truly ridiculous. I'd play #4 and #8 again, but wouldn't pay the premium to play #2 again.

Yes I'd definitely play it. It's a different style and challenge than the typical plush fairways and greens that are meticulously maintained. Donald is a snob. Who cares what he thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked about it in the Open thread on Friday. Watching the open did not really give me the feeling that I would love to get out on that course. Would I play it? You bet I would. But there are other US Open venues that I'd rather play.

I will add that the browning of the course didn't turn me off.

This sums it up fairly well for me. Lots of other tracks I would rather take a shot at.

There's no way I'd pay that kind of money to play that course.

Absolutely. I like the restoration as well

In a New York minute! It would be an incredible experience.

I played it last year, along with #1, #4 and #8. I had to play #2 because of it's history and tradition, and it was on my Bucket List. But frankly, I enjoyed #4 and #8 much more. The course, #2, IMO is not really very pretty,and the greens truly ridiculous. I'd play #4 and #8 again, but wouldn't pay the premium to play #2 again.

Did you enjoy #4 and #8 more because the greens weren't as severe as #2, or because #4 and #8 were prettier to you? I'm genuinely curious.

I would love to play it. Post renovation, this is as close to playing a 100 year old course as it was originally intended.

Without a doubt. Love the natural/minimalistic look.

I'm indifferent on it. I like the course because its different and I get the idea of the native areas and conservation aspect of the course. But I do agree with the Donald in that course looked awful on TV. Would I play it? Sure. Would I pay a premium to play it? No. Is the brown grasses in the fairway and greens playable? Sure..to an extent. When the ladies play it those brown areas in the fairway will damn near be dirt. That is not playable. With highs in the mid-90's all next week, it's going to take a a lot of work and water, more water in areas that aren't designed to get water, to keep it from becoming a pasture. I'm sorry but there is nothing I find enticing about playing in weeds that I work to kill and cut down around the pond behind my house. And there was plenty of those in the native areas. I want to see how USGA is going to take care of and prep the course to keep it from getting away from them....I think that will be the story of the week...

Yes but not in US Open conditions.

With all of the history behind it I would love to play it. Would those that aren't that interested be more inclined to play Whistling Straights?

I wish more courses would use ph2 design.

Did you enjoy #4 and #8 more because the greens weren't as severe as #2, or because #4 and #8 were prettier to you? I'm genuinely curious.

Amol, I think it was more because #2 is so demanding a course it is borderline unfair for the average amateur. What you saw in the U.S. Open with respect to the greens was not just because they were "set up" for the Open. Sure, they were faster. But, every day, if you don't hit the green in specific areas, the ball will simply not stay on. Even some chip shots are hard to keep on. #4 and #8 are visually more attractive, are very fine, demanding courses, but are more "fair" in that when you hit a green you have a good chance of having a putt for your next shot. Just my opinion. I'm sure there are many,

I am glad I played it though, because I could really appreciate what those pros were going through this weekend.

I would love to play this course and it is now on my short list.... Maybe a 30th bday present

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I've not seen it on TV much this week. However I will say walking it, and watching the golf this far. It's different than most are used to, but it's not unsightly at all in person. Yes there are some brown spots, but the course is beautiful.

The restored course is more appealing to me than the per-restoration course. I like the "brown around the edges" look especially combined with the natural vegetation areas.

I'm not sure I would actually be willing to pay the going rate, but that's got nothing to do with the appeal of the course itself.

I find the restoration to be quite Nostalgic! !! Would love to give the course my all....from the whites of course ;).... maybe even the womens heheh

PoW!!!

If given the chance to play I would welcome the opportunity just to check it off the list, but the course "aesthetically" does nothing for me. I get using the natural terrain on the redesign, but plenty of other courses I would play before this one.

I have played it many times, however not since the restoration.

I loved it before and usually played it fairly well. The caddies described it as an easy bogey, tough par course and that was true.

The greens are severe but they were never US Open fast. Remember this is a resort course primarily. Therefore everyday normal conditions are meant for the average player, not pros or even high level amateurs.

It no doubt looks tougher now (for the average player) than before. I'm not so sure how well is do if I got stuck in the native areas. It takes a lot of strength to hit it well out of there.

Someone asked about Whistling Straits. Having played it just as much I always said of the two, if I could only play one of them for the rest of my life it would be Whistling Straits.

It is just so unique and plays different every time out.

If given the chance definitely. I'm sure my score would be fairly high tho.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Absolutely I would. I would love to play any course that has hosted a Major or Ryder Cup.

I was privileged enough to get to play #2 & #8 back in Oct of 2012. Awesome experience.

Back