The Rickie Fowler Thread

I'm really impressed at Rickie's composure in the final round. Seemed like a lot of putts were bang-on but just wouldn't drop, but he hung tough. The double on 4 didn't really seem to get him down. He looked, dare I say for a guy in head to toe orange, quite dignified. My son likes him, and that's fine with me.

He really did play well this week and I think he and Butch will do some good things together, he's got all the talent one could need to be at the top.

He played so so well . Glad he turned it around and showed all of his hard work paying off . If he continues , he could be a real contender in 2015 and for sure 2016 . Next year will be his big turn around year , and 2016 might be the fed ex champ .. Never know

Outside of the 4th I thought he had a good final round.

I was impressed with Rickie this week and really thought it was a good sign to see the grind in him yesterday. With what happened on the 4th and so many missed putts he could of just blown up but he stayed true to his game and battled till the end. My dad was giving him a hard time yesterday until I made him realize that he was at least trying to get a little aggressive to apply pressure

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I was impressed with Rickie this week and really thought it was a good sign to see the grind in him yesterday. With what happened on the 4th and so many missed putts he could of just blown up but he stayed true to his game and battled till the end. My dad was giving him a hard time yesterday until I made him realize that he was at least trying to get a little aggressive to apply pressure
His second shot on #17 (I believe) yesterday was pretty spectacular. Was nice to see him play well.

Rickie had a good week. I didn't expect him to make a charge yesterday, I didn't see that happening for anyone really. Finishing in 2nd and being under par during a US Open is a good sign for him. He seemed to really battle yesterday.

A lot of players would have completely melted down after his disastrous double bogey yesterday. Coming back with a birdie, then fighting for every stroke the rest of the round really, really impressed me. I was a Rickie fan already, but even more so now. Top 5 in both majors so far this year. I see good things in his future.

He finished 10th last year and 2nd this year. I'd say he knows what he's doing at the Open now.

Rickie had a good week. I didn't expect him to make a charge yesterday, I didn't see that happening for anyone really. Finishing in 2nd and being under par during a US Open is a good sign for him. He seemed to really battle yesterday.

Totally true. I loved every minute of it

I thought his double on the 4th was the start of a disappointing Sunday, but he battled back really well. One thing I think is accepting that sometimes the other guy's just got it, and this US Open, there was no catching Martin. This is the first time I recall where Rickie was in a late group, facing the reality that a win wasn't in the cards, and really sticking to it in spite of that. It indicates to me that his back injury woes are perhaps behind him, and that he's really starting to mature as a competitor, and I like that.

I thought his double on the 4th was the start of a disappointing Sunday, but he battled back really well. One thing I think is accepting that sometimes the other guy's just got it, and this US Open, there was no catching Martin. This is the first time I recall where Rickie was in a late group, facing the reality that a win wasn't in the cards, and really sticking to it in spite of that. It indicates to me that his back injury woes are perhaps behind him, and that he's really starting to mature as a competitor, and I like that.

Totally agree. He's a grinder

I was very impressed with Rickie this week, a solid showing in a tough situation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becoming a bigger fan of Rickie lately, and of Cobra gear. Don't know if my new found appreciation for Cobra equipment is the reason I'm liking him more, but just enjoying watching him play lately.

another shorter haircut....

10388014_745477638836209_2114816627_n.jpg

Becoming a bigger fan of Rickie lately, and of Cobra gear. Don't know if my new found appreciation for Cobra equipment is the reason I'm liking him more, but just enjoying watching him play lately.

Probably both. Super solid products with a solid player :)

Looking like he's going to get in an Izod commerical. I like it.

The more I see of Rickie, the more I like.

What I have yet to see him do? Berate a caddy, make a face and complain after a missed putt. Those are a plus in my books. Play the game, enjoy the game. Don't throw a fit or pout if it isn't going your way.

Really wish he has been solo #2 at the open. Fantasy bucks would have shot through the roof for me!

The more I see of Rickie, the more I like.

What I have yet to see him do? Berate a caddy, make a face and complain after a missed putt. Those are a plus in my books. Play the game, enjoy the game. Don't throw a fit or pout if it isn't going your way.

Really wish he has been solo #2 at the open. Fantasy bucks would have shot through the roof for me!
Agree. He's got a ton of young followers, and I think he is a pretty good role model for them.

Back