Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

That's just not fair top you guys or Wilson staff though. Things like this deserve to be talked about where people can see it!

That's what THP is for brother. Live update thread from the event. We are using Twitter for the contest strictly for us.

I completely understand however...my view on social media is similar. I use it because I have to.

I think you'd be good to go! :D But understand if it's the way you view it.

That's what THP is for brother. Live update thread from the event. We are using Twitter for the contest strictly for us.

I completely understand however...my view on social media is similar. I use it because I have to.
sounds like I need to get an entry in!

I currently have a 6:22 tee time for 4 at Jackson Park. LMK if you want to join.

I have to work Saturday at 12 but I might try to play 9 with you. Anyone else down for a round?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Over at JP again this morning... Practice makes perfect.
u2a2azu9.jpg

Last call for anyone looking to join my 6:22 tee time at Jackson Park Saturday morning. I'll be adjusting the number down this afternoon.

Last call for anyone looking to join my 6:22 tee time at Jackson Park Saturday morning. I'll be adjusting the number down this afternoon.

See you Sunday dude

Has anybody played st Andrews in west Chicago?

Has anybody played st Andrews in west Chicago?

Often, it's ok... Gets a ton of play. It is generally well taken care of. Very traditional parkland layout. There are good holes on both courses. Have not been out there much this year, can't speak to current conditions. There are some really interesting green complexes as well. It is owned by the Jemsek family (Cog Hill). The practice facility is one of the best on our area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played about 11 or 12 holes at Jackson Park w/ @captaincaution this morning. Had a great time...got to witness Cap`s first Eagle on this course, and he also got to witness me blow an eagle and a couple of pars and bogeys with my putting! (Lol) I shot about a 51 on the front 9 with two snowmen.. (Par 35) Nonetheless I had a great positive experience with my first THP meet up. Can't wait to join the Albatross club! Here's a couple of photos.
y7unegez.jpg

ene4u9ar.jpg

me6a7u7a.jpg

any2a2uh.jpg

muby6ypy.jpg

uru7e5u3.jpg

Lookin' good TeeJay and Captain! I don't know how we'll do it, but sometime this season, we need to try and arrange for a mini-outing in the Chicago area. Definitely don't want to conflict with official THP events, hoping that some of us will be participating in those, so that will be the challenge.

Wasn't something in the works with a course called thunder hawk or something of the like? What ever happened with that?

Lookin' good TeeJay and Captain! I don't know how we'll do it, but sometime this season, we need to try and arrange for a mini-outing in the Chicago area. Definitely don't want to conflict with official THP events, hoping that some of us will be participating in those, so that will be the challenge.

Jackson Park leaves a lot to be desired, but the greens were in the best shape of the 3 courses I played this weekend. Somehow the winter didn't affect them as much.

Been reading along in there. Didn't want to fill it with banter. Don't fit the criteria myself. Hoping people jump in. Not everyday an opportunity like that pops up.

Since some in this thread dont venture out to other areas, I think its important to post that one of those rare and unique opportunities just opened up. A chance of a lifetime.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...PEN-2014-THPMC-The-Ultimate-Golf-Event-Period

Been reading along in there. Didn't want to fill it with banter. Don't fit the criteria myself. Hoping people jump in. Not everyday an opportunity like that pops up.

Thanks for posting the opportunity in here, JB. To the Chicago area guys/gals, I just came back from my first non-Invitational event, and it was well beyond any expectations I had. If you fit the criteria for this MC opening, and can make it fit schedule and cost wise, please jump in, feet first. It will be worth it.

Wasn't something in the works with a course called thunder hawk or something of the like? What ever happened with that?

There were some initial discussions; I know dhartmann and I have chatted about it. The golfing schedule filled-up fast, I think, and our blasted extended winter might have gotten in the way, too. Personally, I'm out for June, July, and September, but would be open to something in later August. After that, it would be October, for me, and I can only hope that we are able to extend this season's golfing into late October (or dare I ask, November).

EDIT: Thunderhawk was one of the courses mentioned as a possibility.

There were some initial discussions; I know dhartmann and I have chatted about it. The golfing schedule filled-up fast, I think, and our blasted extended winter might have gotten in the way, too. Personally, I'm out for June, July, and September, but would be open to something in later August. After that, it would be October, for me, and I can only hope that we are able to extend this season's golfing into late October (or dare I ask, November).

EDIT: Thunderhawk was one of the courses mentioned as a possibility.
I've talked to Derek about it recently. It became tough fitting it in somewhere. Sounded like it would have to be late in the year to make it happen, so still a possibility. He wanted me to take over, I laughed at him :D

I 've been thinking about it more. June just got way too full. July is the same. August or October are possibilities. I'm thinking a Thunderhawk Shepherd's Crook mix.

From The HTC One Blue!

I'm in for any weekend in August or October minus the weekends of aug 8th and October 11th

Since some in this thread dont venture out to other areas, I think its important to post that one of those rare and unique opportunities just opened up. A chance of a lifetime.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...PEN-2014-THPMC-The-Ultimate-Golf-Event-Period
thanks guys.

Thanks for posting the opportunity in here, JB. To the Chicago area guys/gals, I just came back from my first non-Invitational event, and it was well beyond any expectations I had. If you fit the criteria for this MC opening, and can make it fit schedule and cost wise, please jump in, feet first. It will be worth it.

Come on, twitter is the only reason you're not entering???

You realize THP is basically social media...

This is so true. Yesterday I was going back and forth between Twitter and THP during the open.

At one point I wondered why THP wouldn't let me post my post. Then I realized I was on Twitter and gone to like -123 characters. Ha

yjuhybev.jpg

Just a little Chi Town Golf photography...

Back