Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering getting the lie adjusted on my Altitudes.

They are definitely longer than my other irons, and I think as a result I have the toe raised. Would maybe explain the case of the Lefts I have been seeing lately.

Also pondering some additional grips again. Might go back to my NDMC again.

Been thinking lately that having regular shafts in my irons instead of stiff is costing me by accentuating my misses.

Pondering ways to go about switching to stiff; try to trade irons with someone, sell mine and buy other ones, acquire shafts and swap them out, etc.

Another one pondering the 2i or 3i idea.

Looking to replace my Cleveland HiBore 19* Hybrid as I tend to get quick at the top and the ball begins to quack immediately leaving the face. I know it's my swing, but this club just doesn't cut it for me.

What are some good 2/3i options out there that everyone likes?!

Love my 2 iron. Easily the straightest club in my bag that said I only use it on some courses that are really tight as I do give up some distance compared to my hybrid and it is also not as easy out of the rough. The VR Pro CB has a 2 iron you can get if you feel comfortable going with it.

2n8txrr.jpg

2vwfv4k.jpg

Just when you think you have seen it all in here, cant say Ive seen too many 2I ponders

The only 2 iron I ever was able to hit some what was mizuno mph4

Just when you think you have seen it all in here, cant say Ive seen too many 2I ponders

I played mine for a year thinking it was never leaving the bag. Now it sees limited time as I said. The thing I was able to do was find a hybrid that plays similar to an iron which finally knocked the 2 iron out except on a limited basis.

I can honestly say I have never pondered a 2i. I like my hands too much.

:alien:

I'm not pondering a 2 but a 3 is definitely in ponder mode

Also pondering what color ferrules to throw on the new sticks white? Grey grips?

Wedge set up since new irons have a 46*pw - 50 54 58 or 50 55 60 or 51 56

Rife Abaco... New for $60 at Golfsmith

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Another one pondering the 2i or 3i idea.

Looking to replace my Cleveland HiBore 19* Hybrid as I tend to get quick at the top and the ball begins to quack immediately leaving the face. I know it's my swing, but this club just doesn't cut it for me.

What are some good 2/3i options out there that everyone likes?!

I love having a 3 iron and 2Ui in the bag. I have a 712 AP2 3 iron and thanks to James glowing review of the TEE Pro CBh I picked up one of those as well. I love it. I probably won't go back to a hybo anytime soon.

Give them a call and talk through what you're looking for. Staff is top notch and will get you squared away in no time!!

I'm pondering replacing most of my bag. I was going to find what I like (and I like what I have) and then replace it with new versions because everything I have was bought used. I haven't owned any new golf equipment other then putters.

But, now I have a chance for a significant deal off new Taylormade gear through an industry partnership so I'm going to the Taylormade Performance lab in a few weeks to try some clubs out before making the decision. I'm thinking the SLDR TP driver and TP 3 wood, SLDR irons in 3-AW (kbs tour/tour v/c-taper??), and then the TP wedges in 56 and 60.

I tried the non-TP SLDR driver when it came out and didn't like it with the stock shaft offerings. But I haven't got along with any TM stock shaft offerings in other clubs either. I think the Tour spec shaft, black tie, or Diamana s+ would work for me with it.

I'm also not sure I'd like the TP wedges. I had the last ATV wedges and they were much harder for me to use than my heavier SM4 wedges with S200 shafts. This time if I make the purchase I think I might try the standard/non ATV grind versions. I don't like that you can't customize them with any shaft through the website. I'd prefer them to have whatever shaft I end up with in my irons. Then again, I've contemplated spinner type shafts so I may try out the KBS Hi-Rev shafts in them. Does anyone know if they can be ordered with more shaft options if ordered direct over the phone?

I second your opinion on the non-TP SLDR, the shaft was too light for me and the spin was out of control. Much less spin/dispersion with the TP shaft (Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 6.3). I also have the SLDR TP 3W (17* HL) and 5W. You cannot go wrong with these options. I'm interested to hear what you think of the SLDR irons, I haven't tried them out, but heard they might be longer than the Tour Preferred CB's w/ KBS Tour I'm currently bagging.

If you're going to order the clubs over the phone, try using the Tour Preferred Hotline- they're great with customization and might be able to do your wedges as well.

Last edited:
This down time from playing is not good for me.

5 wood...I hit the 588 3 wood so well that I'm leaning towards adding the 5. But would be interested in hitting others as well (Bio Cell, Bertha, X2Hot)

4 hybrid...the gap between my current 3h and 4i is too big. Adding a 5 wood and replacing my 4i with a 4h seems like it would have a better distance gap for me. But which one? I've only hit the 588 and liked it. Doesn't mean I wouldn't like another one better. Bobby Jones maybe...?

Heavy graphite iron shafts. This was a ponder before my injury, it might be a necessity after. I say heavy because that seemed to be my preference with steel.

And add in an Spi Cyber coach. Howzat's thread on the process is awesome, and hearing the guys bring it up from the event this poast weekend repeaked my interest.

I need a scorecard holder, I'm going to keep my putting stats from here on in and it would be some much easier to carry that and a scorecard with one of these rather than folding them in my back pocket when I walk. It needs to happen.

More forgiving irons...again hahaha. At least more forgiving 5 and maybe 6 irons, but I'd honestly like to at least play around with a full set of more forgiving sticks, because I may end up going that route throughout depending on how it works out.

I need a scorecard holder, I'm going to keep my putting stats from here on in and it would be some much easier to carry that and a scorecard with one of these rather than folding them in my back pocket when I walk. It needs to happen.
I have an el cheapo sitting around unused that you can have. One of the $8 tgw ones.

Even though I bought one of the fancy Nead covers, and really like it, I still want a custom EP one.

I'm looking at the EP ones right now, lime green ("electric" green). I just have no clue what I would get put on it.

I'm looking at the EP ones right now, lime green ("electric" green). I just have no clue what I would get put on it.
It's probably an unknown, but future initials of a future arrival would be fairly awesome.

It's probably an unknown, but future initials of a future arrival would be fairly awesome.

Hahahaha, this is true, we're still 3.5 weeks out from that though I think. I'm on the girl side, but all signs point like the Doc is going to get her way with a boy. Forgive her for not knowing what a mini me will be like bahahahaha!

Meant to talk to Alex at SeeMore about this this weekend too, an engraved putter will 100% happen.

I think there is a thread for scorecard holders :)

I think there is a thread for scorecard holders :)

And a pondering thread for ponders!

Don't you put that moderating voodoo on me Ricky Bobby! :alien:

And a pondering thread for ponders!

Don't you put that moderating voodoo on me Ricky Bobby! :alien:

Just trying to be helpful if your in a scorecard holder kind of mood :alien:

thats it, after hooking two hybrid shots in the woods, they are offa nd back is the 4 Iron, now I have a free spot.... 3w maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back