Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tour v are designed to play lighter than the tours so that you can play stiffer flex. Words our of Kim Bralys mouth. I loke going stright x for you gregdan

Exactly! I liked them in my Apex Pro but I think they were just a tad to light in them. I think this pairing will be quite nice actually. The stock shaft was the dynalite xp s300s so I think a lighter weight shaft is actually going to work better.

Yes! Bella 12. Saw it in a store not too long ago...it's been there forever, and I finally gave is a look. Love the weighting and sightlines. Might throw down next time it goes on sale...

I need a new FW and was thinking of going with something between 15-16.5 degrees. Possibly the cobra bio cell or the nike covert 2.0. Any other suggestions. I'm a high handicap player who needs the forgiveness. I play a reg flex shaft. Stiff just doesn't work for me. Any thoughts would be great

Are you looking for something off the tee, or something to hit off the deck?

4-woods are where it's at, IMO. Extra forgiveness off the tee and a club you can hit off the fairway.

I need a new FW and was thinking of going with something between 15-16.5 degrees. Possibly the cobra bio cell or the nike covert 2.0. Any other suggestions. I'm a high handicap player who needs the forgiveness. I play a reg flex shaft. Stiff just doesn't work for me. Any thoughts would be great
Love the bio cell as well as the bertha fairway woods...any the 588s too

I like the Bio Cell fairway quite a bit, but keep in mind that when you set it at 16* the face becomes quite closed. Just something to be aware of.
I like putting my 4 wood shaft in my 5 wood and turning the loft down personally.

I can get one of these brand new for 285. It's hard saying no.
Love the i25. Pretty good deal on it at that price, IMO.

Are you looking for something off the tee, or something to hit off the deck?

4-woods are where it's at, IMO. Extra forgiveness off the tee and a club you can hit off the fairway.

A little bit of both. Mainly off the deck tho. 4 wood is one of the reasons I was looking at the bio cell since I can set it to 16 and have the face closed to help with my slice.
Yhanks everyone for the feed back. It is greatly appreciated!

A little bit of both. Mainly off the deck tho. 4 wood is one of the reasons I was looking at the bio cell since I can set it to 16 and have the face closed to help with my slice.
Yhanks everyone for the feed back. It is greatly appreciated!
I think if you went with a Cobra Amp Cell or BiO Cell you'll probably find a great sweet spot around 17° for hitting it off the tee and off the deck. I think that's the sweet-spot of the 1 fairway wood loft especially for higher handicappers. Just my opinion. From there it's a matter of finding the club with the right center of gravity to maximize your efforts. Check out Callaway's X-Hot and X2-Hot, as well as the Amp Cell, which sports a stock shaft that promotes a slightly higher launch and has just a ton of forgiveness.

I really hope I get in to this Wilson event. A driver fitting is exactly what I need right now. Playing the SuperDeep the last two weeks makes me realize how much I love being able to hit a draw or fade but it just doesn't offer the forgiveness I need.

So a driver is in the near future. Still might go snag that I25 on clearance.

Ive been pondering 3w's. Got my eye on an x2hot or sldr s

Building a set of dpc's instead of buying new irons, but do I drop the dough on recoils or do I just go X100? Both put up good numbers for me, cost is the only thing that has me wavering on recoils.

Building a set of dpc's instead of buying new irons, but do I drop the dough on recoils or do I just go X100? Both put up good numbers for me, cost is the only thing that has me wavering on recoils.
which recoils?

110X or 125(S?) I know the 110's put up good numbers for me in the AP2 head but prefer the heavier feel of the X100 so thinking 125 I could get away with in S or X

110X or 125(S?) I know the 110's put up good numbers for me in the AP2 head but prefer the heavier feel of the X100 so thinking 125 I could get away with in S or X
il pm you. I know a guy thats got 110 f5 for sale

Pondering going back to a GI iron.

I think changing equipment is something that makes me feel better when my game is awful. Something new in the bag makes me feel better. However, a GI iron would be helpful for my awfulness.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Ponder fulfilled

I have a massive urge to buy a bunch of golf stuff... This never ends well for my checking account.
Pondering some Callaway apparel as the green shirt we got at The King is easily my best one.
Pondering a pair of shoes that breathe better in the heat than my Lunars or 360s.

Sldr 430 @ 12*!!!

I have a massive urge to buy a bunch of golf stuff... This never ends well for my checking account.
Pondering some Callaway apparel as the green shirt we got at The King is easily my best one.
Pondering a pair of shoes that breathe better in the heat than my Lunars or 360s.

Nike tw mesh 14. Best shoe ever.

sldr...oh my...you use one today or something and go low?

My instructor has one ive been toying with for a few weeks. Im enjoying it alot.

Pondering taking my apex somewhere before the 36 holes on Saturday to get lies adjusted. Come to find out i should be 3*up and not standard.

Whoops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back