Bushnell NEO XS GPS Watch Review

I've thought about it and I don't understand it either. Only thing I can think of I'm hinging my wrist so much it's hitting the bottom of the the buttons. Or the top of the glove where the Velcro is it hitting it.

I've thought about it and I don't understand it either. Only thing I can think of I'm hinging my wrist so much it's hitting the bottom of the the buttons. Or the top of the glove where the Velcro is it hitting it.

I have the same issue occasionally and I am positive it is my glove doing it, as it never happens with wedges and I don't wear a glove with them.

Still a great piece I just think keeping the buttons recessed like previous models would have been a great idea.

The course we played had touchscreen gps and the bushnell was only off a yard or two.

The GPS on carts can be off a bit too. I wouldn't count this as a negative to the watch.

close to 8 rounds now, and it's been a joy to use, rounds are so much quicker, and distances have been spot on.

Really resisting the urge to pick up one of these watches. Just wish they were a tad less bulky. As a guy who never has worn a watch on the course, I'm concerned it might bother me. I do appreciate the convenience and will probably eventually give it a go.

I had never worn a watch on the course prior to review either. The profile on the XS compared to the others is NOT as bulky, its a solid device all around.

Seeing the two next to each other, it seems to me that the last version (Neo X) is a little sleeker. Might just be the square shape and smaller buttons, but that's how it looked to me. You're only able to get two hazards on each hole though.

I had never worn a watch on the course prior to review either. The profile on the XS compared to the others is NOT as bulky, its a solid device all around.

Had a conversation with a buddy of mine who uses one of those fitbits or fuel bands...

I'm hoping that eventually a company will design one of those band type devices that gives yardages. Would perfect IMO.

Little update here. I spoke with t Bushnell about my problem and he said he has fielded more than a few calls about gloves hitting the buttons. He told me too loosen the watch ands see if that helps otherwise they will take care of me. Apparently they s switched from the recessed buttons because people are complaining that it was too hard to push and now they have this. issue

JRod thanks for the update and taking the time to contact bushnell I will test this idea as well this week

Really resisting the urge to pick up one of these watches. Just wish they were a tad less bulky. As a guy who never has worn a watch on the course, I'm concerned it might bother me. I do appreciate the convenience and will probably eventually give it a go.

I do not know if you walk or ride... but hooking the watch to the bag is uber easy and convenient.

I had the Neo X, and I didnt like it around my wrist. I strapped it to my bag and love it!

Just bought the XS this weekend, played Sunday w/ it.. Love it!!

5 Rounds in with mine now. Really loving it compared to having the handheld clipped to my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask, is there anyone on here that bought the black version with inverse display that is happy with the display and wouldn't want to change it if possible?

Just that I was thinking about getting the black one but there are quite a few comments about people not keeping it.
Thanks
Dom

Dom, I have a buddy at my course who got that one and ended Ip exchanging it, it looks sweet, but in high sun it was though to read at times

I have the black version and am okay with the display. I do wish it was brighter like the tv commercial but haven't had issues reading the yardages.

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm leaning more towards the white one now.

Iv got the white, brilliant bit of kit, was deciding between the Neo XS and the sky caddie linx both brilliant but the Linx is so thick..even thicker than the garmin S4 and that was thick!!!...the Neo XS is wearable as an everyday watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inverse display did not work for me. It was actually very easy to see in bright sunlight, but very hard to see in regular lighting conditions unless you turned on the light. I went with the white with black display and love it. FYI, I get a consistent two rounds of play on a charge. Not quite enough for three rounds. Garmin only gave me one round per charge.

I have the inverse display and think that it is superb when used outdoors or in bright light. In dim conditions or indoors, however, it is difficult to read because of low contrast.

I'm going to keep it because I bought and use it for golf and not for daily wear but if I had to do this one over again I'd verify that the model I was ordering had the black-on-white display.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the replies, I've ordered the white version just to be safe.

This watch has grown on me over the past couple of months. I use it at the home course and I have a rangefinder as well--at first I thought I will sell it or trade it, but decided to use it a bit more before making a call. Now I am really playing strategy on knowing carry distances as well as front and back of green to determine where the best miss is--combined with the rangefinder I now use it quite a bit.

I've been researching the gps watches and read on http://www.criticalgolf.com/category/reviews/golf-gps-devices/ that the Garmin measures to the nearest, center and farthest whereas the Bushnell measures to a fixed front,center and back. Rock bottom golf has these babies on sale for $129 and just wanted to know if the difference in measurements is a big deal? I guess if you spent most of your time 50yds left/right of the fairway it would be noticeable but if you're reasonably close how much different could it be?

Back