Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Nice! Which one?

Rbz stage 2. 3 hybrid, 19 degrees. Best part, it was used, cost 38.99, plus I got 25% off for their big loose clubs sale. So it was really only 31 bucks. At that price, no real risk.

~Rock

Also, picked up my first ever hybrid today, so I'm more deadly than ever now.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Trust me, youll end up with more. Very versatile.

I dont think so, but just to double check, we Don't have any other leftys coming to this do we?

I dont think so, but just to double check, we Don't have any other leftys coming to this do we?

Lefties are frowned upon bur tolerated

The ones I've played with are all righteys. I'm sure someone will pipe up if they're lefty.

I'm a lefty, but I at least have the good sense to learn to play righty in golf :p

Finally here. I'm officially ready for Iowa.

6u8ety6y.jpg

From The HTC One Blue!

Another day closer. Today is Hole No. 9 at the preserve. A short, downhill par 3, that most people can just play all day long. So satisfying to hit a short iron or wedge into this green and watch it stick. Miss left or right, you are probably in a bunker. Miss long, it's a steep downhill slope. Green slopes generally back to front. When you are on the green, this is one of the few opportunities you'll get to look at Lake Rathbun.

golf_card_hole_9.jpg

~Rock

I wish this place had more pictures and such to look at. I am enjoying these, but would also really enjoy some more pics of the course

Old cell phone pics. Bad quality, but phone cameras were pretty bad even a few years ago. I'm hoping these are all the preserve.

ygupy4u7.jpg

uqury3uv.jpg

No 5 tee box
9uqumyza.jpg

2ape3ume.jpg

veqymyje.jpg

my7uvugu.jpg

savavata.jpg

y7ysebah.jpg

No. 9 from left side of green.
u5u7yzag.jpg

No 3 tee box.
5apunupy.jpg

2eda5apy.jpg

~Rock

Last edited:
Ya that place looks awesome rock

Pending torrential rain between now and next weekend, this course should be in fantastic shape. We've had near perfect golf course maintenance and growing weather.

~Rock

The Iowa outing will be a nice cap on a very full early summer for me. 3 THP related outings in 6 weeks. Have had a blast, but I'll need to stick around the home front for July.

The Iowa outing will be a nice cap on a very full early summer for me. 3 THP related outings in 6 weeks. Have had a blast, but I'll need to stick around the home front for July.

Good....Bushwood needs you!

From The HTC One Blue!

That's ok. July is hot anyways. Just glad you can make this one. Just 9 more days.

By monday, I'll have everyone's cabin contribution calculated. Still holding out for stragglers.

For those coming to corydon friday, we will probably just get some pizza and take it to the course to eat for lunch, and then eat in corydon for dinner. Nothing set in stone, but that seems efficient so far.

~Rock

I need to pad my pockets a little bit. :p

Heck after 3 trips (2 golf, 1 bike) now im getting ready to trade for another bike. Lol

So Rock, you want me to just come to Centerville or meet @ Corydon

So Rock, you want me to just come to Centerville or meet @ Corydon

You are playing Corydon Friday afternoon aren't you? Just meet me at corydon. Does everyone know about when they are arriving?

~Rock

Correct.. not sure of time..tell me when & ill be there roughly a 1hr beforehand

You are playing Corydon Friday afternoon aren't you? Just meet me at corydon. Does everyone know about when they are arriving?

~Rock

I'm sure we'll be on the road pretty early, but we haven't solidified an ETA, yet. Def need to do that.

Well the prince Hartman group was arriving noon to one last I knew. I'm going to work some that morning but take off prior to arrival by anyone. Icey is up in the air on his arrival. Everyone else is either late night or saturday.

So shoot for noon to one I guess. I'll be PMing ppl next week on where to meet in corydon. Our town is approximately one square mile. Plus were in the midwest, so our roads are on a grid. No weird curves or river roads. Directions won't be tough.

~Rock

Well our trip is 6 hours long....so we'll have to leave fairly early. I'm glad we're going west though b/c the time change going east just screws everything up.... especially more sleep.

Well our trip is 6 hours long....so we'll have to leave fairly early. I'm glad we're going west though b/c the time change going east just screws everything up.... especially more sleep.

For purposes of directions, do you know how you'll be coming into town?

Bulldog, I assume you'll be coming up I-35 and then hwy 2 into corydon.

~Rock

Back