The Disney World Thread

Not right now, they are doing major renovations at the Polynesian.

Any dinner show's things you would recommend? And holy crap. $60 for a freaking breakfast buffet?

I was wrong. It's 180 days.

Any dinner show's things you would recommend? And holy crap. $60 for a freaking breakfast buffet?

Worth it from everything I hear. All of the characters are there. If she loves the Princesses, there is a Princess breakfast at Norway Pavilion at Epcot.

Worth it from everything I hear. All of the characters are there. If she loves the Princesses, there is a Princess breakfast at Norway Pavilion at Epcot.

She is a little girl. Of course she loves princesses. Haha

If she wants to meet Anna and Elsa pray for a FastPass or you're in for a long wait.

May not be her favorite thing, but we saw the Hoop DE doo review at Fort Wilderness and found it surprisingly hilarious.

If she wants to meet Anna and Elsa pray for a FastPass or you're in for a long wait.

Yeah, thats the one thing I need to ASAP.

I didn't want to see you in October anyway. Jerk.

I didn't want to see you in October anyway. Jerk.

It came down to airline miles. Was virtually impossibly to get a morning flight out and an evening flight back. I literally searched every day from September 1st through December 1st. It was a nightmare. But free airfare is free airfare.

Friday the wait was up to 300 minutes (5 hours).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Hahah they better do something special for me if I waited 5 hours. Thats insanity. I think we picked a really good time of year though.

And my wife is obsessed with Harry Potter so we are definitely taking a trip to Universal Studios.

Tuesday as we walked by it was "only" 180 minutes...never been so glad in my life that I had boys. Plus we got so many rides covered in the first two hours after rope drop as so many unfortunate souls were in that line.

Dev - I'd do the Norway princess breakfast over chef mickeys. CM is noisy and crowded and overrated. 1900 Park Fare breakfast is also great but more Winnie the Pooh and Mary Poppins characters. There's also a princess breakfast in Cinderellas castle but it is more expensive and often not as well reviewed as the one in Norway.

Definitely get the fast pass booked for the frozen meet n greet if that is a must do for her. Anything must-do try to get a fast pass booked since now even the rides that never had a wait now have lines thanks to the stupid fast passes (proven fact via statistical analysis that fast passes make everything take longer for everyone but psychologically people think it is better so Disney does it anyway). Luckily crowds will be as close to zero as possible during that week so it should be easier for you.

The Disney World Thread

Our girls have come to love Breakfast at Chef Mickeys. It's a party atmosphere. Seeing Mickey and Minney and gang up close is a treat and yields iconic pictures.

The princess meals are nice too, but our kids have more "fun" at CM.

Tusker House is a better breakfast.

Cinderellas castle princess meal offers nothing over the one at Norway EXCEPT for the setting of the castle. That's worth it for the little ones...at least once before they get too old. Another source of iconic pictures that you'll re-live forever.

Last edited:
The choice of Character Meals all comes down to your child's favorite characters. When we were there we did Chef Mickey's for breakfast and the kids loved it. It's the only meal where you can see the fab five all together. It's the only breakfast character meal we did so I can't speak to the rest.

Chef Mickeys was great. Frozen meet n greet was a 5 hour wait at 10am with no fast pass. Cinderella was a 20 minute wait lol.

The choice of Character Meals all comes down to your child's favorite characters. When we were there we did Chef Mickey's for breakfast and the kids loved it. It's the only meal where you can see the fab five all together. It's the only breakfast character meal we did so I can't speak to the rest.

I don't know how long it's going on for, but we did the Sci-Fi Galactic Breakfast yesterday. They had Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Jawas, Greedo and some stormtroopers.

I don't know how long it's going on for, but we did the Sci-Fi Galactic Breakfast yesterday. They had Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Jawas, Greedo and some stormtroopers.

They are there for Star Wars Weekends, runs from mid May through June.

Diagon Alley, over at Universal Studios Florida, Grand Opening day was announced this morning. July 8th is the day.

Diagon Alley, over at Universal Studios Florida, Grand Opening day was announced this morning. July 8th is the day.

I'm hoping there's a soft opening or two prior do that day.

Looks great, but will be packed and in July....expect a very uncomfortable afternoon. Go very early or very late.

Looks great, but will be packed and in July....expect a very uncomfortable afternoon. Go very early or very late.
Best way to see it will be to stay at one of Universal's four on-site Resorts, guest staying there get one hour early entry into Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Just got my tickets in the mail for Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween this fall. Taking a family vacation and taking our little girl for the first time to Disney and we heard this is a fun event and easier time to get on some rides, she can hang out with grandma and grandpa while Mommy and Daddy ride some "big kid" rides haha. Doing Hollywood Studios the following day.

Back