Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedges Preview Thread

Since I have started practicing more my black is wearing as well. I have a small bit of rust in the sole of my 60 forming. Can't wait to get some true rust going. I am thinking the hot humid weather has been helping with the rust.

441 had the l grind so super low bounce

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yea, I remember correctly my Hopkins wedges didn't start rusting until July/August when the humidity really kicked in. It's crazy, but I want to hoard like 12 of these for future use.

Yea, I remember correctly my Hopkins wedges didn't start rusting until July/August when the humidity really kicked in. It's crazy, but I want to hoard like 12 of these for future use.

I have a few extras still ha. I had my set of 3 but I walked into a PGA superstore and they had a ton of different grinds in the used section for 45 bucks a piece that looked like they were never hit. Mainly what I have now is duplicates of the grinds and lofts I already have. Soon I would like to start messing with some different shafts in them as well.

I have a few extras still ha. I had my set of 3 but I walked into a PGA superstore and they had a ton of different grinds in the used section for 45 bucks a piece that looked like they were never hit. Mainly what I have now is duplicates of the grinds and lofts I already have. Soon I would like to start messing with some different shafts in them as well.

Jealous. $45 is a steal. Jeez.

With the confidence I have with my 54/10 S & 58/8 M I am really looking at adding the 50*. Problem is it comes in F grind and really want an S grind 50*. Would you guys think getting a 54 & bending it to a 50 be too much bending?

Yes for sure.

With the confidence I have with my 54/10 S & 58/8 M I am really looking at adding the 50*. Problem is it comes in F grind and really want an S grind 50*. Would you guys think getting a 54 & bending it to a 50 be too much bending?

yeah dude you are asking for bad news that route

cant imagine you would use the gap wedge that much lol

exactly what I thought. I would be laying up on each hole to that yardage to get my money's worth out of it :act-up:

And they suggest you get new wedges every 60-70 rounds.

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor!

Hoping I can get a little more out of them than that, but with as often as I use them in pratice it might be close to correct.

Finally got out and hit my SM5 56 F grind yesterday and I love it. It was like butter on the ball. Hit about 25 balls. Gonna use it for most chips/shots under 100 yds tomorrow to really get a feel. Very impressed on my first go around.

I have only used my new 54* m grind in the yard, but so far I really like the feel. I plan on using it a lot on my trip to Iowa and I'll post what I think after this weekend.

How has the black finish worn for you guys? I'd really prefer to stay away from chrome because of glare.

How has the black finish worn for you guys? I'd really prefer to stay away from chrome because of glare.

I can already see some wear after my range session but let you know as I go. Will take pics.

e4ehy6a9.jpg

dypatedy.jpg

Taken today. Sorry, it's really dirty. Gets a ton of use, so I'd say wear isn't bad.

That's a nice color hawk. The pictures make them look jet black online when new but yours is looking almost gunmetal now. I like it

my 57 has wore the black off the sole and slightly off the face. Appears that its got a couple small spots of rust trying to form. I'll try and get a picture of it tonight when i get home.

Once again my no divot policy pays off lol.

Haha...well I bunker session right after i got it, and then took it to florida and had a range session and 2 rounds golf while I was there, so its gotten blasted pretty good.

Back