Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

For purposes of directions, do you know how you'll be coming into town?

I'm guessing we'll be on I-80 to Newton, and then on 14 to Corydon (unless you have a better route to recommend).

Well our trip is 6 hours long....so we'll have to leave fairly early. I'm glad we're going west though b/c the time change going east just screws everything up.... especially more sleep.

True that on going east. I'm willing to drive so the prince can get more of his beauty sleep. :thumb:

No. I was just making sure I-80 was what you would be on. No matter what gps, or any map service says, the quickest route is down hwy 14 from I-80.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I want to leave early next Friday, but it depends on the schedule at work. The person I supervise who does MRI is on vacation that week so hopefully I will be able to leave by 330 with a two to two and half hour drive I can at least meet you all for dinner.

is shanep3215245438579437589437 still coming to this?

is shanep3215245438579437589437 still coming to this?

If they aren't on the list, they aren't coming. We've had a couple of dropouts in the past month.

~Rock

I'm feeling like I need pictures of Corydon....

I'm feeling like I need pictures of Corydon....

I don't have that many, but here we go.

ydu6uty4.jpg

hu3ebeje.jpg

enabaqyp.jpg

evujegy6.jpg

~Rock

I wanted to post this just to try and make plans. Is this still on or do I need to get together what I want to bring? I am good either way.

Just to sweeten the deal, and to try and give back to my friends, I will provide free drinks at one cabin (aka, I'll work to get a couple of cases, keg, or pony keg, depending on how many turn out).

I wanted to post this just to try and make plans. Is this still on or do I need to get together what I want to bring? I am good either way.

Just to sweeten the deal, and to try and give back to my friends, I will provide free drinks at one cabin (aka, I'll work to get a couple of cases, keg, or pony keg, depending on how many turn out).

Ya I want my keg!!!

10 guys in the cabin. How much beer can we drink?

Maybe a few cases would be a better idea haha. A keg for 10 would probably be quite a bit too much unless we are planning on crushing 30 packs for each of us

Maybe a few cases would be a better idea haha. A keg for 10 would probably be quite a bit too much unless we are planning on crushing 30 packs for each of us

But a pony is possible over 2 nights. Just have to keep it on ice. The problem is everyone's beer preference. In that sense, cases might work better.

~Rock

Just get some sort of light beer not miller or coors :)

Oh heck no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shandy won't happen. I'll buy the first 3 cases Friday evening. It'll be a domestic sampler.

hahaha you guys crack me up.

Well looks like the course is going to get wet today

Shandy won't happen. I'll buy the first 3 cases Friday evening. It'll be a domestic sampler.

You should wait til Saturday.. I say that selfishly

Well looks like the course is going to get wet today

Yea, we actually missed all the storms last night. Even tonight, the storms are going to be spotty. Nothing that's going to hurt anything. Someday, we won't have a chance of storms EVERY SINGLE DAY. I swear, the month of June has just been a chance of storms every day.

You should wait til Saturday.. I say that selfishly

I might. I don't know. It's no big deal in my book. We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

~Rock

Hmmmmmm, Hole 10. So were on the back nine now. This event must be getting real close. The back nine eases you into things for a few holes before testing your endurance with some long ones. But Hole 10 is one of those shorter holes. The second of 3 dog legs on the course, this is a dog leg right. You want to tee off as close as you can to the inside corner. Anything left off the tee will just add length to your approach shot. A bunker guards the inside corner. I've been in that bunker several times, and truthfully, it's not a bad place to hit your approach from. Once you reach that bunker, the fairway begins sloping away from you, so it is possible to drive the ball through the fairway....also bad. The green is large, and has a large deep bunker guarding the front left. Do yourself a favor on this hole, layup off the tee, and just keep things simple, and many will come away with par here.

golf_card_hole_10.jpg

~Rock

That is all.....

azyde2a7.jpg

From The HTC One Blue!

Hopefully I will have my first lesson before this trip so that I won't lose to many balls in the prarie grass. I can't wait to see some people that I've met before and meet some new people.

Back