Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

What are the Ivanhoe costs (if you know)?
Much much much much higher initiation fee then $2500, at least it used to be when I caddied there. Not sure about monthly dues.

I'd join Ivanhoe way before I'd touch Kemper.
Ivanhoe also running a special to get new members. but aren't they like 600 a month plus extras. my neighbor belongs.

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

A few years back it was like $525 a month...but I haven't gotten the updated numbers. I do have recent membership packets with costs and stuff for Kemper, Wynstone and Strawberry Creek if you ever wanted to see those.

What are the Ivanhoe costs (if you know)?

I made my best pitch to the wife on the Wilson event... We will see how good of a salesman I am! Ha..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made my best pitch to the wife on the Wilson event... We will see how good of a salesman I am! Ha..

I didn't get a submission in. Work's been hell and home is even more chaotic. Really wish I would have.

A few years back it was like $525 a month...but I haven't gotten the updated numbers. I do have recent membership packets with costs and stuff for Kemper, Wynstone and Strawberry Creek if you ever wanted to see those.

My neighbor spoke to my wife last week while I was golfing. He has never asked me to play first off BUT he wanted to let her know there was a great deal to join with a low initiation like 2-3000. Plus of course the monthly nut.
I grew up playing Inverness Country club in Palatine as a son of member then junior member until they wanted $40000. Than I dropped out and play where ever the wind takes me. There are certainly a lot of great courses to play for what a country club wants.

If I lived closer to the Grand Geneva I would join for the year $3000 which includes all rounds, carts and range. All guest of a member at GG pay half price, beginning of the year I was paying $30 to play the brute, no I pay $60 in season. Sorry for the rambling. Now with college fees I have to pick and choose where to spend on golf.

Shoot them over to me. I really like Strawberry Creek's course. Hard to beat the annual membership costs at Bushwood, though. :)

Well anyone that's looking to play a slightly less expensive round. PM me, I'm down for any CPD Course or Forest Preserve Course.. They usually can fit anyone's budget. Have you guys played any of these? Or only $100+ courses?

"Some people say it's ok to lose if your opponent has a hot round. Phooey on that. I hate to lose -- period. If a guy is going to shoot a 10 under par, I am going to shoot an 11 under par." -Jack Nicklaus

Chicago Style Golf

Well anyone that's looking to play a slightly less expensive round. PM me, I'm down for any CPD Course or Forest Preserve Course.. They usually can fit anyone's budget. Have you guys played any of these? Or only $100+ courses?

"Some people say it's ok to lose if your opponent has a hot round. Phooey on that. I hate to lose -- period. If a guy is going to shoot a 10 under par, I am going to shoot an 11 under par." -Jack Nicklaus

Chicago Style Golf

Forest Preserve courses are usually really crowded. A round at George Dunne easily takes 5.5 hours
Fore

Forest Preserve courses are usually really crowded. A round at George Dunne easily takes 5.5 hours
Fore

Key is to get out early to beat the backup.

Fore

Very true. Usually when I play these public courses it's a very early tee time on the weekend or twilight on a random weekday. Usually 2.5-3.5 hrs.. 4 to 5 on a bad day.

Chicago Style Golf

If I get selected to Wilson Event, I would most definitely be down to golf another one in the area with you guys.

If I get selected to Wilson Event, I would most definitely be down to golf another one in the area with you fellows.

441 got us a good replay rate for Sunday at Highlands, though I might not be able to make that one. I'm planning on something Friday morning, but not sure when or where. A few courses I listed earlier would be the most likely choice.

Yea I've heard a lot of good things about Mistwood, Cantigny, Prairie Landing and Stonewall Orchard. Mistwood is on my list one of these days for sure. I'd like to play Ravisloe as well.

I just played Mistwood on Sunday. Course is in amazing condition. Greens were US Open fast and the rough was just about as deep. It's a nice blend that challenges you quite a bit. I grew up by Ravisloe. It was private back then, but I'd love to get on there now. Prairie Landing is amazing for the cost. If you ever want to get out there, let me know. I'd be more than happy to play a round with you.

Ravisloe was my first choice for the Invitational last year, but thought Highlands would match the needs of others better than Ravisloe. I still want to get over there though. One of these days for sure. This year is just packed though.

441 got us a good replay rate for Sunday at Highlands, though I might not be able to make that one. I'm planning on something Friday morning, but not sure when or where. A few courses I listed earlier would be the most likely choice.

Highlands on Friday an option for ya?

Hey Cap man next time you have a free block of time we might have to link up at Robert A. Black or Marovitz...

Chicago Style Golf

And JB I would love to enter the Wilson event but my work is so unpredictable right now I can't commit to much.

Chicago Style Golf

I wouldn't be against it at all, but I wouldn't mind checking out somewhere else too.
Whatever course snob.

I suppose I'll stop the pondering til after announcement is done

I'm always for less expensive rounds.....It's pretty much all I play! Gotta find the deals for sure.
Usually play up north or out west a bit.

Chicago Style Golf

Back