Bushnell NEO-XS GPS Rangefinder Watch - THP Preview

Well that is friggin cool.

I do have a question that I didn't see when reviewing these posts. How does the watch prioritize hazards? That is, does it show the first 4 hazards or the 4 most important? I can think of a couple holes at my course where you'll pass 4-6 fairway bunkers prior to coming to a water hazard.

The thing that is a huge negative for me is the lack of dynamic greens on this watch. The distance to the green info is to me more important than the addition or / lack of hazards.

Or get the ClicGear watch mount for your push cart!
p17917346p275w.jpg

all these specials on carts and gear, making me want to invest in one.

I do have a question that I didn't see when reviewing these posts. How does the watch prioritize hazards? That is, does it show the first 4 hazards or the 4 most important? I can think of a couple holes at my course where you'll pass 4-6 fairway bunkers prior to coming to a water hazard.

The hazards seem to be pretty random and not always the ones you hope for. Sometimes it will show a RGB (right green side bunker) at 359 yards when you are on the tee box and shows nothing in between. There is not always four hazards shown. Still, it helps sometimes. It appears some manufacturers are trying to pack way too much info on a tiny watch screen (scores, green views, etc). Where these watches shine is for quick and simple readings of front/middle/back distance.

The hazards seem to be pretty random and not always the ones you hope for. Sometimes it will show a RGB (right green side bunker) at 359 yards when you are on the tee box and shows nothing in between. There is not always four hazards shown. Still, it helps sometimes. It appears some manufacturers are trying to pack way too much info on a tiny watch screen (scores, green views, etc). Where these watches shine is for quick and simple readings of front/middle/back distance.

Thank you. I'm leaning towards this watch.

Little update. The loosening of the band seems to have cured the accidental button pushing but now I have to adjust it every time I take a shot. Small inconvenience and otherwise I really like the unit.

I'd be lost without mine, last 3 rounds I've not even pulled my laser, which is kind of nice. Just hit the green, keeps me from the sucker pins.

I'd be lost without mine, last 3 rounds I've not even pulled my laser, which is kind of nice. Just hit the green, keeps me from the sucker pins.

i really love it under 100, just gives me a good idea of how my half wedge shots really fly

I have used mine for 27 holes. The first time out, it showed the distance to the center of the green as being less than to the front on one hole. The watch was simply wrong. The second time on that hole, it appeared to be fine. Throughout both rounds, I would check it against sprinkler heads and it was always within 3 yards.

Not sold on the odometer. It showed 8.0 miles after 18 holes. I don't think we spent that much time looking for balls in the fescue.

Otherwise, I absolutely love the convenience. The shot yardage save me from doing math in my head too.

Well this watch died on me today early in the back 9. I haven't used it in 2 weeks so I guess it lost some juice without using the GPS? Did this happen to anyone else?

I've not, but I always check to see where the battery level is at before each round, I've forgotten to exit after playing off a full charge before and though it will exit for you eventually, it takes a while and will run battery until it does.

Back