What are you building? (Club style)

egazuruq.jpg

Well freaking done sir! Those look fantastic.

Gotta tweak the wedges' swing weight a few points, but all the others are right on the money.

I still need a new SW scale.

$60 or so. Funny thing is I went up in weight and length and barely got to d3.

Well, I threw on a couple UTx on the Apex before class. It's way easier to put on an iron grip over a putter grip (SuperStroke). Must've learned from a good teacher.

All my stuff has arrived just need to get epoxy and then club building begins at work tomorrow.

Gotta tweak the wedges' swing weight a few points, but all the others are right on the money.

What's the easiest way to do SW when everything is installed?

And if you want the SW to go down you add weight to the head correct? So if I want to do from d5 to d3 I add weight to the head. Correct?

And if you want the SW to go down you add weight to the head correct? So if I want to do from d5 to d3 I add weight to the head. Correct?

You have it backwards. D5 to D3 would remove 4g from the head or add it to the butt.

You have it backwards. D5 to D3 would remove 4g from the head or add it to the butt.

Alright. I always get confused with that.

Do you know a good way to add weight to the butt or head without removing the grip?

Alright. I always get confused with that.

Do you know a good way to add weight to the butt or head without removing the grip?

Add weight to the head with lead tape. Adding it to the butt without removing grip - something like the tour lock is probably your only shot

Add weight to the head with lead tape. Adding it to the butt without removing grip - something like the tour lock is probably your only shot

That's what I figured. Ah well. Thanks for the answer.

That's what I figured. Ah well. Thanks for the answer.

You might be able to DIY it with a screw that the threads were bigger than the hole in the grip, so it would hold. I have never tried this but in theory it should work.

Take a little less than a 1/2" off the shaft and you're good to go,

Is it better to put the head on the shaft first or the grip? Also I have no idea what swing weight is, is it something I need to worry about as an amateur building some clubs? Thanks

Is it better to put the head on the shaft first or the grip? Also I have no idea what swing weight is, is it something I need to worry about as an amateur building some clubs? Thanks

Head first. Yes, you need to worry about s/w being too high or too low.

Head first. Yes, you need to worry about s/w being too high or too low.

Thanks. How do I do the swing weight thing? So it don't just glue the head on and grips and a way I go?

I can't decide if I want to build my irons to +1/2in or leave them stock length

Being fit into +1/2 I'm torn on what route I'm going to go

Go +1/2 dude.

Guess I need to buy extensions when I make my store run later

Ahh, didn't realize you weren't able to cut to size. Ugh.

Nope extensions only as I bought KC's recoil pulls it's not a big deal and won't really add much time to the process tonight

New Irons are built I'll get a pic up soon, but I went grey REL and Purple ferrules they really pop

Last edited:
Hey guys, looking for some help here, I've got a set of Speedblades on the way to me and I think I'm going to cut them down. I'll wait a week or so, to make sure I gel with them and plan to keep them for a while because cutting an inch and a half really hurts the resale... However -

What do I use to cut the shafts?

I don't mind the swing weight dropping a tad, but it's going to drop too far I think. How do I get it back to a certain point?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Back