Cobra Bio Cell Driver Review

I thought about putting the AC back in play a lot today. I didn't like the stock grip, so I had a new grip put on. Unfortunately, I accidentally selected a midsize grip, which seemed to cause some problems. For the last 2 days, I have really struggled. I am bombing it, but I am pushing everything right. My draw is gone. Distance is not a problem at all. It's the wildness.

The forgiveness of the bio puts it head and shoulders above the amp cell.. I'd give it another chance if I were you. Get that grip chopped off and get a new one installed asap :)
You don't like the 3gen that came stock?
The newer Lamkin grips are fantastic if the 3gen is not to your liking (I love it personally)
Look into the utx or iline lamkins, they're great. Utx is a more cordy grip type, iline Is more like a iomic type.

The forgiveness of the bio puts it head and shoulders above the amp cell.. I'd give it another chance if I were you. Get that grip chopped off and get a new one installed asap :)
The newer Lamkin grips are fantastic if the 3gen is not to your liking (I love it personally)
Look into the utx or iline lamkins, they're great. Utx is a more cordy grip type, iline Is more like a iomic type.

Disagree with the Head & Shoulders above the Amp Cell
I know everyone is different, but I just went through test hitting both over and over.
I agree the Bio Cell is a little better and if I could afford to buy one picking any shaft I wanted custom fit I would have done so.
But for me a mid flex 60 gram shaft fits best, and in the stock ones on eBay the standard stiff Amp was perfect and I think I personally hit it better then the Bio with the Tour 60 gram in Regular flex, which was my favorite combination in the Bio...????
IMO

Got my Blue Bomber in this week and had a chance for a range session. Decided on 11.5 and was hitting some of the best looking drives of my life. Playing 9 at 7am tomorrow, so we'll see how it does on the course...so excited to see how we get on!

I certainly think it's longer than the Amp Cell, but to me, the Amp Cell was a point and shoot driver. And for the record, the 3Gen is my least favorite grip in golf. I think I am just a firm gripper, but if I play 2 days in a row, they hurt my hands on the second day.

Got my order in today. Loving the blue!

Oh you got the irons as well hey…
I absolutely love those Irons when I try to make them :)

First outing with the Bio Cell was good, not great...Indian problems not problems with this arrow! Like the driver so much that I ordered the matching 3/4 wood from Dicks yesterday!

Does the Amp Cell adapter fit the Bio Cell head?

Does the Amp Cell adapter fit the Bio Cell head?

No it does not, I was going to try that when I was testing them earlier this year… Amp Cell has a tapered end, the Bio Cell has a flush shoulder.

Which kind of sucks… They should did like Callaway did with the i Mix Drivers for several years.

The weight of the adapters changed which allowed them to use that weight elsewhere in the head for performance improvement to get the design where they wanted it. Plus, only Internet golfers used the fade settings last year. It was a necessary evil.

I'm looking hard at picking up the Bio Cell 3/4 wood this week and really pondering hard over this driver.
At present, I'm having a hard time deciding between the Bio Cell and the Callaway X2hot drivers.
My current driver is a Cleveland Classic with the Kusala Blue shaft in stiff flex. While I like the feel of that combo, I'm not sure I have the swing speed to take full advantage of it.

Last edited:
I'm looking hard at picking up the Bio Cell 3/4 wood this week and really pondering hard over this driver.
At present, I'm having a hard time deciding between the Bio Cell and the Callaway Xhot2 drivers.
My current driver is a Cleveland Classic with the Kusala Blue shaft in stiff flex. While I like the feel of that combo, I'm not sure I have the swing speed to take full advantage of it.

I have a nice brand spanking new Bio Cell for sale... Just saying. HA!

Honestly, I dont think you can go wrong with either driver. If you are looking for more forgiveness, I would definitely lean towards Bio.

I have a nice brand spanking new Bio Cell for sale... Just saying. HA!

Honestly, I dont think you can go wrong with either driver. If you are looking for more forgiveness, I would definitely lean towards Bio.

Thanks for the info.
If that driver of yours was Orange, we might have already made a deal! :golf:

This driver is just a comfortable thing for me right now, and shockingly, though I still think the Bertha is the better overall performer for most, its a close enough race that I've not thought about my Bertha in some time. This one will be a great one for me to lean on in the MC, and the comfort will definitely already be there since I'm playing the exact setup I will be already.

Anyone selling a bio cell shaft in stiff? Im not in love with the stock shaft

I'm thinking about picking a bio cell driver up this weekend. I'm excited to try it out

Anyone selling a bio cell shaft in stiff? Im not in love with the stock shaft
I've got a Diamana S+ in X-Stiff. I could also throw an adapter on a 6X3 White Tie or Kusala Blue if you're interested and not in a huge rush.
Being in Canada it makes shipping pricey though.

Set a new distance record today with this bad boy using a B330-RX 2014 model. 328 yards. I have a feeling I am never going to use another driver unless it has the name Cobra attached to it.

Set a new distance record today with this bad boy using a B330-RX 2014 model. 328 yards. I have a feeling I am never going to use another driver unless it has the name Cobra attached to it.

Holy crap. That is crazy long and in fact longer than most on tour. Congrats.

Holy crap. That is crazy long and in fact longer than most on tour. Congrats.

Thanks. These lessons are slowly paying off. Unfortunately, that was one of the few nice hits I had all day. Short game and putting killed me.

Thanks. These lessons are slowly paying off. Unfortunately, that was one of the few nice hits I had all day. Short game and putting killed me.

Clearly they are. I mean that is absolutely crazy long. You would be outdriving me by upwards of 70 yards with that kind of tee shot, and if it is sustainable, be the leader on the PGA Tour by 15 yards over Bubba Watson.

How did you measure? GPS?

Just awesome dude. Keep it up.

Clearly they are. I mean that is absolutely crazy long. You would be outdriving me by upwards of 70 yards with that kind of tee shot, and if it is sustainable, be the leader on the PGA Tour by 15 yards over Bubba Watson.

How did you measure? GPS?

Just awesome dude. Keep it up.

Used the Swing by Swing app and measured it from there. I actually thought I lost the ball since I couldn't find it where I thought it dropped so I took a drop. Pitched on to the green and as I was walking up I saw a little Heisenberg staring at me from the ground.
I highly doubt I can sustain the distance. Just a good swing, found the sweep spot and things fell in place. I normally hit around 280-290, if it goes straight.

Back