Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there's a storm coming after this.

Think there's a storm coming after this.

Come on man. You just killed my excitement on beating your brother in some match play. #needsunnyskies

Come on man. You just killed my excitement on beating your brother in some match play. #needsunnyskies

Well that's not very difficult

No rain the last couple days, it's been sunny and warm! Looking to be the same today

No rain the last couple days, it's been sunny and warm! Looking to be the same today

We've really been lucky since the pretty brutal start to the year.

We've really been lucky since the pretty brutal start to the year.

I know it's great isn't it? The courses down this way are finally starting to reach their peak shape but man it's taken a long time. Start was just nasty

Played in torrential rain yesterday, thunder & lightening closed many courses around us and the storms travelled the length & breadth of the country but we just got the heavy rain which flash flooded the early greens leaving large puddles but we soldiered on. Steady 36 points in very testing conditions and a good outing with my new SLDR weapon, the semi-rough just off the 1st cut was brutal, especially it being so wet but always nice to finish with the same ball :thumb:

Played in a steady light rain today and actually enjoyed it as I was hitting it well and greens were holding nicely. Well almost called it when there was lightning in the distance, but the thunder and lightning held off and we made it through.

Might need to push through some sleep deprivation and play tomorrow. Thunderstorms are in the forecast for Friday, and monsoon season is right around the corner.

55 and 16-22 mph wind, lovely day for golf.

The greens are in great shape with all this wind!
9y3y6ube.jpg

Tappin pars

More rain here. Played 18 this morning on a soaked course... before the latest bout of rain started.

86*, slightly cloudy, might get a quick rain but shouldnt be too bad for the range

86*, slightly cloudy, might get a quick rain but shouldnt be too bad for the range

I thought we were goin tomorrow

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

I thought we were goin tomorrow

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Will let you know...got an empty house gotta take advantage of it

Currently tappin' away from under a storm shelter. Playing in my weekly work league and these men want to wait it out.

Someone should tell them that it's not going to quit for hours!

At least I get to THP wonder for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cat said 91 now it says 95

Range session. 97 with a feel like temp of 99.

Remarkably it is still hot and sunny here ... I think I see a pattern here ...

Rain, Rain, and more Rain in MSP

Rain, Rain, and more Rain in MSP

Minneapolis has had record rainfall recently here. 4.13" of rain was recorded yesterday at MSP airport. A local course posted this picture of one of thier greens flooded yesterday and them mowing it today. Talk about amazing drainage/grounds crew work:

6GNUkujl.jpg

Minneapolis has had record rainfall recently here. 4.13" of rain was recorded yesterday at MSP airport. A local course posted this picture of one of thier greens flooded yesterday and them mowing it today. Talk about amazing drainage/grounds crew work:

6GNUkujl.jpg

Yup, all this rain has been crazy. Hope it stays away awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played in probably the best weather I've had in a while. 60 degrees and a sea breeze. Amazing. I need to move to the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back