DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone played Tierra Verde lately? Buddy and I are considering playing a 2 man 2 day tournament there next weekend and we've heard mixed thoughts about the course. I saw Aaron's post back in the fall about it being a nice course. The entry is a bit expensive so wanted to make sure before we committed.

Thoughts????

The most recent google review isn't so hot... never been myself.

Has anyone played Tierra Verde lately? Buddy and I are considering playing a 2 man 2 day tournament there next weekend and we've heard mixed thoughts about the course. I saw Aaron's post back in the fall about it being a nice course. The entry is a bit expensive so wanted to make sure before we committed.

Thoughts????

Nate, last I heard, it was not in great shape right now. That was a few weeks back though. It is a course I do like and it is usually a very nice course.

Hey guys... been out of it for a few weeks due to work travel and a bunch of other crap. Things are still busy but I gotta get back on the course. Playing Mansfield National tomorrow and hope to get back out with you'all soon!

Hey guys... been out of it for a few weeks due to work travel and a bunch of other crap. Things are still busy but I gotta get back on the course. Playing Mansfield National tomorrow and hope to get back out with you'all soon!

I know the feeling. We need to see you back on the course with us. Winstar will be a blast and look forward to seeing you out there.

sunday afternoon I fly out to Miami and will be gone till friday night, then back for 1.5 days and back out to London for another week. Need to get some golf in pretty badly before I go and on my brief visit home in between. Jonesin'!

Thoughts????

Everything ive heard is that the green suck right now. Arlington is dumping a ton of money into the Lake Arlington course right now so maintenance and the other course has taken a backseat

Thanks guys...I believe we have our answer.

I would call and ask.

Prairie Lakes was crap a month ago but with the sun and heat they are looking really nice now.

I would call and ask.

Prairie Lakes was crap a month ago but with the sun and heat they are looking really nice now.

I hate doing that cause they all feed you the same line if crap even when they are bad to get you out there to play.

Big Time.. Just tell them who you are and I imagine they will hook you up

Just finished at Mansfield National. The course is in really good shape.

After 4 weeks off (I checked the calendar) I shot an 87. I'm pretty pleased with that overall!

Anyone ever played The Retreat? Got invited to play it this w/e. I've never been.

Anyone ever played The Retreat? Got invited to play it this w/e. I've never been.
I've heard it's great, but I personally have never been.

Its been a year or so, but the course was nice and in pretty good shape. Its worth playing at least once.

I'm over here playing Pecan Valley the hills course and it's not bad. Had a fun round so far. Until some clowns pulled up while I was trying to hit my tee shirt on 17. First bad hole on this side.
It just reminds me of some of the other goat tracks in the area.

I'm over here playing Pecan Valley the hills course and it's not bad. Had a fun round so far. Until some clowns pulled up while I was trying to hit my tee shirt on 17. First bad hole on this side.

For some reason, I've always been partial to The Hills. I really like the layout. It's got some decent elevation changes. It's a shame it doesn't get the care that The River or MB get.

One of these days, we need to play the Hills course. It looks kinda fun and breaks up the River course.

There is a private Nicklaus course in Gordonville on Texoma. My parents have purchased land out there and I get 6 free rounds a month through their membership to be used any way. So I can take 5 of you at cart rate only which is 20 bucks... It's a long drive though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

For some reason, I've always been partial to The Hills. I really like the layout. It's got some decent elevation changes. It's a shame it doesn't get the care that The River or MB get.

One of these days, we need to play the Hills course. It looks kinda fun and breaks up the River course.

The hills were fun today. Except for the clowns on 17, I had a really good time. I will definitely play it again soon.
Todays round was not the greatest, as I have been having issues with the driver. It has been giving me fits. I switched over to the 3w, and after a few holes, things started turning around. So, I was very glad to be playing on the hills course today.

There is a private Nicklaus course in Gordonville on Texoma. My parents have purchased land out there and I get 6 free rounds a month through their membership to be used any way. So I can take 5 of you at cart rate only which is 20 bucks... It's a long drive though.

Same length of drive for me as Fort Worth. Sign me up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd definitely be down for a july round. it's only 10 minutes farther than ft worth for me

I could be down with that. Since Baldguy won't invite me to his club!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone playing tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back