When the wife is away ... I cook!

iSukGolf

Reaction score
Handicap
My Wife is from the Midwest - Wisconsin, I am from Southeast Texas ... a Texas coonass, as I call myself ... So she left to go with the grandkids back to Wi ... I am in the kitchen cooking!! Every time she leaves I fix all the stuff she does not like being from the Midwest and not growing in a rice field.

So I have beans and rice going right now, with sausage of course, tomorrow will be a BIG pot of seafood gumbo (its all in the roux) ... got to have Okra for that ... then will cook etouffee ... each night I stuff myself.

When I go back home, I do the same thing, along with BlueBell ice cream

So when the wife goes away, do you cook anything that is just for you?

Red Beans & Rice w/ Andouille Sausage is my wife is away go to. One of my all time favorites.

Fried Chicken or Seared Tuna

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Sausage is pretty Wisconsin. Just saying. The seafood gumbo is a different story.

When the wife is away I order a pizza with what I want on it. It's pretty awesome.

Hamburgers in a skillet is what I cook when the wife is away...she hates it because it makes the house smell like grease.

Sausage is pretty Wisconsin. Just saying. The seafood gumbo is a different story.

When the wife is away I order a pizza with what I want on it. It's pretty awesome.

In this case the Sausage goes in the beans and rice ... its all mixed together ...

I make really spicy chili. I normally can't make it as spicy as I like it when the wife and kids are home. I eat it on its own mostly but usually make at least one hotdog and have the chili on top.

I don't cook very well but when the wife is away it is gyros for me, she hates everything about them, especially the smell. I swear they taste better when they are forbidden fruit.

My wife is gone for the next 5 weeks and I was just commenting today about how awesome I have been eating lately. Pizza, wings, burgers, and pork chops.

I am just the opposite. When my wife is away, the boys and I eat out pretty much every meal.

But I had Gumbo tonight

Sweet & Sour Meatballs and Rice. Thats my go to. One week and I can make it again when the wife goes on her summer vacation, and I get to stay home and work.... and play golf.

I enjoy the flavour of Okra, but cannot stand the way they share the same traits as my nose when I have a head cold... do you use a lot of acid in this to get rid of that?

But I had Gumbo tonight

LOL. Filet and some nice wine. When she is home she gets Ribeye. :)

Back