My wife would kill me!

Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing your story with us. We're happy you're here, and I for one look forward to lots more positive posts from you! Keep on swinging!

Words alone can not begin to express my gratitude for your warm welcomes and kind sentiments!!! It is people like you and places like THP that help me look forward to moving forward!

I hope to learn lots more and that I get to meet and play with some of you wonderful people!!!!

Welcome - I am sure that you will enjoy this forum and meet good ppl from it.

:welcome: love your last sentence in that heartfelt intro. Good luck Brian, and thank you for your service.

Glad the golf can be a small part of your healing. Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the community. We are glad to have you and great to hear golf has been therapeutic for you.

Hi! My name is Brian. I am 53 (21 with YEARS of experience) old. My dad taught me to play @ 12. I played throughout High School then joined the Navy @ 19. Was in the Navy for 10 yrs (81-91) and didn't play a lick. My Dad moved in with me in 95. Started playing again about once a week for 10 yrs until he passed in 05. I put away the clubs. Met and married the Love of my Life (Julia) in 06. Julia didn't play and the sticks just sat in the garage.

Julia passed away on Oct 8th 2013 of a sudden heart attack at work. No prior health issues. I was talking to her about what we wanted to do for dinner and in two hours she was gone. My world crumbled. Thank god my step sons decided to stay with me instead of move back in with their dad as I do not know where I would be without them! Learned the day after Thanksgiving that their dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He passed this February. I just want to wrap my boys in bubble wrap and protect them from the world!

My Brother in Law came to visit 3 months ago and said we should go golfing. I wiped the dust off my precious Sam's Club Spalding sticks and we went. My drives were straight and I was hitting my FW decent. It felt cathartic getting back out on the course.... I took this as a "Sign".

I started browsing this forum and made the mistake of visiting The Golfsmith. WOW.... Club Technology has changed alot in 15 years! I started with Cobra Bafflers and quickly realized I needed more of a challenge.... Plus the Biocells were on a "Can't pass up" sale.

So I now have Cobra Biocell Driver, 3 & 5 wood, 3, 4, 5 Hybrid and TM Speedblades in the bag. My goal.... get good enough to join the Senior Tour as that is the only Retirement Plan I have
:bulgy-eyes:

Seriously I have developed a passion for the game and thank you all for helping me take my mind off the pain as I travel through this Journey! I really don't think she would kill me as I get a chill when I hit a sweet shot.... like she is with me.

Also..... don't sweat the petty stuff and try to hold each moment precious because it truely is!!!

^^^ THIS ^^^

As a fellow new member, welcome aboard, bud!

Wow, that's a lot of life, lessons and love in a 1st post.

Welcome to THP, glad to have you here!

A belated welcome to THP!!

Be the ball!!

Welcome

Back