My wife would kill me!

Hackerx2

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi! My name is Brian. I am 53 (21 with YEARS of experience) old. My dad taught me to play @ 12. I played throughout High School then joined the Navy @ 19. Was in the Navy for 10 yrs (81-91) and didn't play a lick. My Dad moved in with me in 95. Started playing again about once a week for 10 yrs until he passed in 05. I put away the clubs. Met and married the Love of my Life (Julia) in 06. Julia didn't play and the sticks just sat in the garage.

Julia passed away on Oct 8th 2013 of a sudden heart attack at work. No prior health issues. I was talking to her about what we wanted to do for dinner and in two hours she was gone. My world crumbled. Thank god my step sons decided to stay with me instead of move back in with their dad as I do not know where I would be without them! Learned the day after Thanksgiving that their dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. He passed this February. I just want to wrap my boys in bubble wrap and protect them from the world!

My Brother in Law came to visit 3 months ago and said we should go golfing. I wiped the dust off my precious Sam's Club Spalding sticks and we went. My drives were straight and I was hitting my FW decent. It felt cathartic getting back out on the course.... I took this as a "Sign".

I started browsing this forum and made the mistake of visiting The Golfsmith. WOW.... Club Technology has changed alot in 15 years! I started with Cobra Bafflers and quickly realized I needed more of a challenge.... Plus the Biocells were on a "Can't pass up" sale.

So I now have Cobra Biocell Driver, 3 & 5 wood, 3, 4, 5 Hybrid and TM Speedblades in the bag. My goal.... get good enough to join the Senior Tour as that is the only Retirement Plan I have
:bulgy-eyes:

Seriously I have developed a passion for the game and thank you all for helping me take my mind off the pain as I travel through this Journey! I really don't think she would kill me as I get a chill when I hit a sweet shot.... like she is with me.

Also..... don't sweat the petty stuff and try to hold each moment precious because it truely is!!!

Sorry to hear about all the pain you've been through, but you have a great attitude about it all.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP & you have some solid guys in Ohio to play with. This place is amazing and can become a second family if you let it.

Welcome to the club! Thanks for sharing your story.

Welcome to THP! You have assembled one heck of a nice setup too!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP. Glad/hope we can help in making things easier to cope with.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP. Glad you found the site and joined up. Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Guys.... It's great to be here and I am learning alot. Hit me up whenever ya wanna play.... my schedule is wide open (On weekends)!

Now go hug n kiss your wives and significant others!

Welcome to THP!! So sorry to hear about all of your pain but glad the game has given you an outlet.

Welcome! Lots of good people here.

Welcome!!

Glad you decided to join the forum Brian. A lot of incredible people and A- Z golf knowledge in hear. Sorry to hear about the tragedies you have endured. Thanks for trusting us enough to share your story with us.

Well that's a hell of an intro. It's always great to have more buckeyes on the forum! If your interested, this fall were planning a nice sized get together for the area. Last year was such a great time. 30 guys playing golf all day and each guy got some 1 on 1 time with THP member and SeeMore Silver Certified instructor chriscarfangia. The night capped off with prizes and a steak dinner! Check it out and I hope to see you there
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59224

Killer Philly, Thank You!!! Will definately be there!!! Was sweet to see Columbus ranked #2 for US Golf cities:act-up:

Lol... forgot to mention... I also bought a SeeMore X2!

Welcome. Been a heck of a journey you've been on it sounds like. Sorry to hear you've had so much pain along the way. Best wishes and I hope you enjoy it here!

Wow man that's some rollercoaster ride you've been on. You got another family here now bro. Great people here. Welcome to THP!

Man, not sure what to say besides Welcome and If you want to get a round sometime I'm an hour south of C'bus. Death has been a gut punch in my life a couple times over the last few years after you wipe away the tears it sure makes you appreciate every day with friends and loved ones.

Thanks for sharing and welcome to THP!

Wow, I don't even know where to start. Welcome to THP, Brian. That intro was intense, to say the least. If golf and this forum help you through some tough times and give you new things to be excited about, I think that is flat out awesome. Great advice you gave there as well. Cherish what and who we have and don't sweat the small stuff. I appreciate the reminder. It's really good to have you here.

Welcome to THP. You're right, golf is some great catharsis.

Welcome to THP.

Hi Brian. It's is said often on here, this isn't just another forum, it's a family. And that is so very true.

Welcome to the family.

Back