Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Follow up, contacted Callaway Golf this a.m. and they will be shipping a new head this week. I will ship the old one back and they will inspect it to see what is going on. Entire call took 3 minutes for start to finish. Callway Golf rocks.
That is great to hear Randy. I had heard about your issue this past weekend and glad to see you get this taken care of so quickly. Sounds like a great dealing with Callaway.

That is great to hear Randy. I had heard about your issue this past weekend and glad to see you get this taken care of so quickly. Sounds like a great dealing with Callaway.

The replacement arrived today, when I was speaking with the rep I told him I am playing the 10.5* but have it set at +2* so if he had a 13.5* that would be fine. Yep I have a brand spanking new 13.5 to play with now and see it that is better for me or if I need to play it -1* which will be the same set up as before. Great customer service for sure.

Last edited:
FYI: For all you BB shaft tinkerers, I just listed my Kusala Blue in the marketplace (should be up soon, pending review). It has the optifit/BB adapter. I'm sticking with my black tie, so no reason for me to hang on to it anymore. Great shaft.

This driver is simply amazing. I hit one once again the other day, and love just about everything about it.
My misses were out on the toe a bit, but loved the performance out of this!

This driver is simply amazing. I hit one once again the other day, and love just about everything about it.
My misses were out on the toe a bit, but loved the performance out of this!

A very forgiving fave laterally that is for sure. I think this one would be right up your alley bro.

A very forgiving fave laterally that is for sure. I think this one would be right up your alley bro.

I waver a bit, I just have a very slow trigger finger.... Someday a shot might be fired!

But, by that time, something else might intrigue me and slow that finger down again....

Its a never ending cycle!

I waver a bit, I just have a very slow trigger finger.... Someday a shot might be fired!

But, by that time, something else might intrigue me and slow that finger down again....

Its a never ending cycle!

Listen to me...

This will be a good fit for you. I saw so many bright spots in your game last year and what you gave up to play that Covert. Give this one a go.

I second Beags on this CJ.

Not trying to get you to spend $$$, but it would be a really good head for you.

BB is the real deal! CJ I third the go ahead

OK! After OC consider myself on the lookout!

Its going to happen!

My new Big Bertha came in today, I'm looking forward to getting it dialed in tomorrow at the range....
I loved my X-Hot but it was time for more adjustability...

Dax

My new Big Bertha came in today, I'm looking forward to getting it dialed in tomorrow at the range....

Dax

And it looks like you have a Tour Blue for it? What made you go with that over stock Fubuki Zeta?

And it looks like you have a Tour Blue for it? What made you go with that over stock Fubuki Zeta?

I was looking for a higher ball flight and the Tour Blue seems to be a better option + the fact that there was no additional charge to switch out....

I'll let you know tomorrow if that was a good decision....

Dax

I was looking for a higher ball flight and the Tour Blue seems to be a better option + the fact that there was no additional charge to switch out....

I'll let you know tomorrow if that was a good decision....

Dax

Another THPer has the exact same setup (albeit lefty) and I've seen a noticeable change in his game. I think you will like it, haven't seen a person who hasn't!

Another THPer has the exact same setup (albeit lefty) and I've seen a noticeable change in his game. I think you will like it, haven't seen a person who hasn't!

The funny thing is that I was happy with my X-Hot, I just went to hit the Bertha to enter the Bertha Payday contest. I fell in love with the sound of the ball off the club + the fact it was 15 yards longer than my X-Hot... Now I own a new driver... Lol

Dax

The funny thing is that I was happy with my X-Hot, I just went to hit the Bertha to enter the Bertha Payday contest. I fell in love with the sound of the ball off the club + the fact it was 15 yards longer than my X-Hot... Now I own a new driver... Lol

Dax

So it worked! That #Zoocrew really knows what they are doing. Let's hope that continues on the course.

So it worked! That #Zoocrew really knows what they are doing. Let's hope that continues on the course.

In all seriousness, Callaway has rocked this year... I traded out my X-24s for X2 Hots and my X-Hot driver for The Big Bertha... I've played my best golf ever since the iron switch... Their CS people on twitter almost talked me into ditching the RBZ 3w for the X2 Hot 3w (not yet)....

I'm playing Valhalla on Monday, I'll let you know how my irons handle that Kentucky Bluegrass and Fescue... Hopefully I don't visit those areas often....

Listen to me...

This will be a good fit for you. I saw so many bright spots in your game last year and what you gave up to play that Covert. Give this one a go.

I'll second the BB over the Covert suggestion. That's what I came from, and this has done wonders for my game off the tee.

Dax
Exactly the same move for me, I have not even hit the X-Hot since the BB arrived. I need to get the X-Hot listed on the bay so someone else can enjoy it.

I have it set at 11.5 w 1 on the fade side, line up on left side of tee box and been playing a nice draw for 250-265 yards. When I miss I get a push fade but still in play. I like this setting so far.

I hit my Big Bertha for the first time today... 10.5 w/ 2 on the Fade side produced a high cut that carried 250-260 yards... I've never had that shot in the arsenal... I'm excited to continue to get this driver dialed in, this driver is very easy to hit... Also I'm pleased with the shaft that I put in it....

Dax

I hit my Big Bertha for the first time today... 10.5 w/ 2 on the Fade side produced a high cut that carried 250-260 yards... I've never had that shot in the arsenal... I'm excited to continue to get this driver dialed in, this driver is very easy to hit... Also I'm pleased with the shaft that I put in it....

Dax
Nice! What shaft did you go with?

Tap tap taparoo

I made a slight grip change today and saw some great results out of Bertha. I still fade the ball but had a few dead straight shots and some baby fades that putt me in a good spot in the fairway. I played a little longer today which hurt on a couple holes but after the first hole I wasn't in any real trouble off the tee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have the stock Fubuki and bought a Tour Blue, as a slower swing speed golfer, I prefer the Fubuki. It may have to do with I have the 13.5* head.

Back