Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

So where next for Roy's men?

England were absolutely carp in the two games so far. There defence was non existent.

An average pub side could have played more coherent football than they did.

Having said that about their poor defence, it doesn't matter if you let 6 goals in, so long as you score 7 and win. No football team has ever won without scoring.

They were a disgrace to us. Simples

France 2016!!!

Lol, yeah but seriously, who stays and who gets dropped. How we do we get round the defensive issues. What system do we use. I assume Roy stays...

Roy has said he isn't resigning, and Greg Dyke has said he isn't getting sacked, so assume so. I personally see no point in disposing of him, especially as I don't see an obvious replacement. You gotta think Gerrard will announce his international retirement after that.

But are these youngsters really the answer? Germany for example have loads of players who are super smart. They see the game. They aren't necessarily really quick or skilful but have fantastic football brains that allow superb teamwork. I like sterling, Barkley and oxlade-chamberlain etc. but are they all just individuals? Are they the nucleus of a real team. I'm not sure... I hope so but...

PURA VIDA! Another surprise by Costa Rica, but all credit to their squad for 2 wins over Uruguay and Italy.

That was pretty amazing...CONCACAF is 4-1-1 through its first 6 matches, pretty cool to see.

But are these youngsters really the answer? Germany for example have loads of players who are super smart. They see the game. They aren't necessarily really quick or skilful but have fantastic football brains that allow superb teamwork. I like sterling, Barkley and oxlade-chamberlain etc. but are they all just individuals? Are they the nucleus of a real team. I'm not sure... I hope so but...

I am a bigger Arsenal fan. Ox is only 20. Let's not forget that he may still play in 3 more world cups. He maybe the middle-fielder of the future .

Erm, not sure that was supposed to happen LOL

Germany is reeling right now

Wow, what a bloody end to that one. What a match.

We've been out of the house all day, but listened to the end of Germany/Ghana. What a great result for the US chances...so many ways to get the progression now, easiest of which is just winning tomorrow of course.

We've been out of the house all day, but listened to the end of Germany/Ghana. What a great result for the US chances...so many ways to get the progression now, easiest of which is just winning tomorrow of course.
Absolutely sir. If the US can't get a result tomorrow I will be concerned. They have all the pieces now to execute on the pitch when it matters most.

USA! USA!

# Murica

There's nothing #Merica about an AK47. ;)
there is when Tim Howard steals it from a terrorist

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ok it is put up or shut up here for the US team! Win and in........

I'm pretty excited for this game. Big time excited.

Certain I've never watched 2 soccer games in the same year....till now

#RollUSA

Back