Extra Rounds and Travel Talk - Wilson Staff #PersonalDistance event in Chicago

So...

That sunday we can either play at 7:30am or 9:30am, there is a mens league in the middle.

My vote is 7:30 as pace of play should be way better than following a league

I vote for 7:30 too, gets us done hopefully around 11 or 12 at the latest, that puts me back home at a reasonable time too.

yeah I may not be playing Sunday so i'll leave my vote out of it for now. Will leave this up for a few more days before I reply

That'll be the question for sure. Last year I think many courses were scared into aerating early, like in September, because the year prior we got an early freeze. Hopefully it's similar this year.

Mistwood aerated about mid-October last year. I would imagine they would do something similar this year.

Keep me in the loop with what you all decide to do on Friday. I'd love to get a round in with some THPers.

Will do. I figure a Friday morning round in mid October won't be all that in demand, so we can wait and see what aeration schedules look like.

Count me in. I think I am going to get the flight that puts me at Midway around 8:15 AM on Friday, and I will leave Sunday night.

Will do. I figure a Friday morning round in mid October won't be all that in demand, so we can wait and see what aeration schedules look like.

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye open for when they start.

So...

That sunday we can either play at 7:30am or 9:30am, there is a mens league in the middle.

My vote is 7:30 as pace of play should be way better than following a league

If I play sunday, I would prefer the 7:30 time. The more I get slowed up by awful pace of play the more I like 6am tee times

I agree that a 7:30 tee time on Sunday would probably work best, give those of us driving an earlier start on the road. That said, I'll be in for both a Friday and Sunday round. The good news for everyone is that we'll all have an excuse on Saturday and Sunday for playing poorly because we "just got this driver and need to get comfortable with it". Nevermind the fact that it's fitted to us.

I believe Friday will be informal, whereas Sunday is a negotiated thing for the attendees. It's at the Highlands for a reduced rate, so not a lot of help I can offer there if you're not in the event. Sorry about that guys.

More the merrier on Friday imo.

Has there been confirmation on this as far as it being informal and those not in the event being able to play Friday?

Ok I'll lock down the early tee times for Sunday just so we have them.

Ok I'll lock down the early tee times for Sunday just so we have them.

Ya better safe than sorry with that. Sunday mornings with tee times at 9:30 have 6hour round written all over them

Ya better safe than sorry with that. Sunday mornings with tee times at 9:30 have 6hour round written all over them
Never in anything I've organized :)

Has there been confirmation on this as far as it being informal and those not in the event being able to play Friday?
I hope we can crash your party!!!

Sun 7:30 works for me - Thanks for setting that up!

I think you people planning on coming in later should meet up with us on Friday morning. We can do south side if that helps you get there on time - Philly and dcbrad I'm talking to you :)

There's a highly regarded course just a few miles off 80 that could be perfect.

I think you people planning on coming in later should meet up with us on Friday morning. We can do south side if that helps you get there on time - Philly and dcbrad I'm talking to you :)

I think I'm leaning towards playing Friday and Saturday not Saturday and Sunday. The wife is gonna sit this one out so I'm traveling solo (until 441 decides to carpool)

Good deal. I'm leaning more towards all three days at this point, but I have a shorter drive home. Thinking this could be one of the last weekends before the stupid cold weather ruins everything, so I want to get my golf on.

I believe me and mr philly are car pooling, should be able to join you assuming my plan to get on a popular private course in that area falls through :)

Thanks for setting all of this up Hawk, we really appreciate it:alien:

What time were you guys tentatively thinking for Fridays round?

Tappin from the iPhone

Depends on when we tee off. But I could make that work, if we tee off around 11ish, I would only have to get up at 3am.... :alien: But seriously, I would do that. If it is earlier than that, it may be tough for me to get there without turning into zombie dcbrad on the course.

Double Aliens? I'm about to go ballistic!

I believe me and mr philly are car pooling, should be able to join you assuming my plan to get on a popular private course in that area falls through :)

Thanks for setting all of this up Hawk, we really appreciate it:alien:

Get to steppin fool. Let's see what you can come up with and we can decide. I'm open to courses, so work your magic!
Depends on when we tee off. But I could make that work, if we tee off around 11ish, I would only have to get up at 3am.... :alien: But seriously, I would do that. If it is earlier than that, it may be tough for me to get there without turning into zombie dcbrad on the course.

Ugh yea that's early dude. I think we could make it work though if you're able to pull it off. Just think about it and lemme know..

What is the course we are thinking of playing Friday?

It's really up in the air B-rad. 441 may have an in for us somewhere special it sounds like, but if that doesn't work out I've considered Mistwood since it's on the south side right off 80. That would be a quicker spot for you guys to get to that early.

Back