2014 U.S. Women's Open (SPOILERS)

Comcast strikes again. NBC was blacked out and I couldn't watch the coverage. NBC came back on immediately after the coverage which seemed odd.

I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage of the U.S. Women's Open this year. I've always felt like the girls just never get the recognition and props that they deserve. Definitely good for the LPGA that there are some very talented American women on the tour.

Lucy sure did get a lot of airtime or someone who was well out of the race. I found that pretty interesting, though, in the coverage. I sure hope she turns out to be a great golfer and is able to handle the limelight the right way - so far she's pretty good w/ the press and pressure.

Lucy sure did get a lot of airtime or someone who was well out of the race. I found that pretty interesting, though, in the coverage. I sure hope she turns out to be a great golfer and is able to handle the limelight the right way - so far she's pretty good w/ the press and pressure.

I think that was mainly because she was making history by playing in the event.

Really Happy for Michelle. She seems to really have matured in the last few months and I see her winning multiple more times this year

It was great to watch this with my daughter yesterday, Wie struggled a bit, but in the end she made the shots she needed to. Great to see her get her first major. I'm sure it's only the first for her.

Enjoyed watching this in between US/Portugal. Good to see Wie break through, especially with it on network TV. Hope it generates more positive momentum for the women.

JB can we get a witb for Ms. Wie? Unless it was already posted and I missed it

I was curious too, here ya go. JB was accurate though hahaha
Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 9.5-degree (UST Axivcore Red 69X)
Fairway Wood: Nike VRS Covert Tour 3-wood/13-degree
Hybrid: Nike VRS Covert 18-degree and 24-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (5-6), VR Pro Blade (7-PW)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 52-degree, VR X3X toe sweep 56-degree and 60-degree
Putter: Nike Method 006
Ball: Nike RZN Black

Read more: http://www.golfmagic.com/equipment-news/in-the-bag-michelle-wie/19461.html#ixzz35TnGcnAa

I was curious too, here ya go. JB was accurate though hahaha
Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0 9.5-degree (UST Axivcore Red 69X)
Fairway Wood: Nike VRS Covert Tour 3-wood/13-degree
Hybrid: Nike VRS Covert 18-degree and 24-degree
Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (5-6), VR Pro Blade (7-PW)
Wedges: Nike VR Pro 52-degree, VR X3X toe sweep 56-degree and 60-degree

Read more: http://www.golfmagic.com/equipment-news/in-the-bag-michelle-wie/19461.html#ixzz35TnGcnAa

Thanks. Another mixed bag related to the irons. That is becoming a more popular setup.

X-Stiff Driver shaft. WOW!

13* for a 3W seems a little low. But, I would assume the shaft is helping with the launch angle.

Thanks. Another mixed bag related to the irons. That is becoming a more popular setup.

X-Stiff Driver shaft. WOW!

13* for a 3W seems a little low. But, I would assume the shaft is helping with the launch angle.

Not sure if you watched yesterday, but she was hitting low bullets with that 3W. Got a good 50-70 yards of roll out.

I'm not hugely surprised that she had a lighter X flex in there - I know I saw her hit a few drives in the neighborhood of 300 yards. Plus, like with the 3W, a low launch angle was a very good thing with how firm and fast that course was playing.

Not sure if you watched yesterday, but she was hitting low bullets with that 3W. Got a good 50-70 yards of roll out.

I'm not hugely surprised that she had a lighter X flex in there - I know I saw her hit a few drives in the neighborhood of 300 yards. Plus, like with the 3W, a low launch angle was a very good thing with how firm and fast that course was playing.

Must be a regular gamer. Below is her WITB at the LPGA Lotte Championship that she won in April.

Driver: Nike Covert 2.0 (9.5 degrees, UST Mamiya Proforce Axivcore Red X shaft)
3-Wood: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour (13 degrees, UST Mamiya Proforce Axivcore shaft)
18-Degree Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert (Fujikura Motore Speeder shaft)
24-Degree Hybrid: Nike VR_S Covert (Fujikura Motore Speeder shaft)
5-6 Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 High Launch shafts)
7-9 Irons: Nike VR Pro Blade (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 High Launch shafts)
48-Degree Wedge: Nike VR Pro Blade (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 High Launch shafts)
52-Degree Wedge: Nike VR Pro
56-Degree Wedge: Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep
60-Degree Wedge: Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep

Finally got some time to watch the DVR of the final round, This was a great win--loved the putt on 17!

Back