Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

That is a tempting one to go for in 2 that's for sure

That is a tempting one to go for in 2 that's for sure

Big hitters, like you, can do it. Being able to shape a shot right to left also helps. Missing the green right isn't bad at all. You'll be in the rough, but not too difficult of a shot. Just don't miss long right, or you'll be hitting off a downhill slope to a green that slopes away from you.

Just in case someone was like "hey, what should I do this weekend?" Well, we still have spots in the cabin and discounted green fees available for you. See first post, post in here, PM me, just join.

I know some people are freaks and like to pack a week or more in advance. Just some food for thought.

1) there are not enough beds for everyone Saturday night. There are 8 beds in the cabins, so either someone is going to be sharing, or someone is going to be on an air mattress.
2) please don't forget, we have to clean after ourselves. Dumb, I know. So if you use a dish supplied by the cabin, wash it and put it up. Better yet, don't use a dish from the cabin. I'll be bringing plastic cups and plates and probably even some plastic silverware and paper towels. I doubt we even use the plates, but there you go.
3) Dear god, please help me get the cabin in order Sunday morning before our tee time. Hopefully it's nothing more than taking our sheets and putting them in the bathtub (yes, the rental agreement actually says to do that) and getting the trash out. I'm going to be bringing a couple of large bags for cans and bottles, and a couple for just garbage.
4) We have a deck and a porch. But there aren't any chairs on it. So bring outdoor chairs for yourself.
5) It's rained, a lot. Not saying that because the course will be sloppy. Corydon isn't sloppy right now, so the Preserve certainly won't be. But it does mean the bugs are breeding. If you can't stand bugs, bring bug spray. The mosquitoes are out, and they are getting large. The bugs at the course typically aren't around until evening, but you'll still want it around the cabins.
6) Breakfast is available, but not necessarily available close. The resort sells breakfast (5 minutes away) and I believe the main marina sells breakfast (15 minutes away). One will be considerably cheaper than the other. Take your guess as to which one.
7) I believe both cabins have a fridge. Even a small fridge can hold 5-6 cases of beer. We may not need coolers, but you are free to bring one. Ice is sold all around the lake, so that won't be a problem.
8) If you are playing corydon and want to have a few beverages, bring a cooler that will fit in a golf cart. There is no club house, although there is a vending machine. If you need ice, I can supply myself and a few others, or you can just pick up a bag somewhere in town.

That's all I have for now.

EDIT: Does anyone have any specific tee time requests due to time constraints? Anyone need to get on the road as early as possible on Saturday or Sunday?

~Rock

Well I'm not bringing both bags now. Got to have room for cooler & such.
Edit to add: nope to your question on needing early tee time. I'm probably heading up to Des Moines after to see my cousins

I would prefer an earlier time Sunday and a later first time Saturday.. Saturday because I will be getting into Ames at probably 130 in the morning or so then having to wake up and drive down there.. Sunday so I can get back at a reasonable hour.

Thanks for doing all of this rock

Also Slueth,

Can you empty your PMs? Trying to figure out what I will owe you for the card....

Rock: What will I owe for a night at the cabin?

Thanks

Also Slueth,

Can you empty your PMs? Trying to figure out what I will owe you for the card....

Rock: What will I owe for a night at the cabin?

Thanks

Those rate cards were $129.00 even for all four rounds.

I don't know. I'll figure it up. It's low 40s for Saturday night last I calculated it. We got dinged a bit on Friday night with a couple of people who couldn't make it, but nothing terrible. I try to remind myself that while this may not be the cheapest lodging ever at a THP event, the green fees are about 50% of what we typically pay.

Everyone is going to get a nice, personalized PM from me by the end of tomorrow with driving directions to wherever your first stop is, as well as your contribution to the cabin based on what night(s) you are staying. Ok, almost everyone, except sleuth, who apparently has a full inbox.

~Rock

This is me

9umavehu.jpg

I'll plan on bringing along a cooler with ice. Was hoping to have some Spotted Cow and other beverages in there, but might need it just for dhartmann's back therapy.

You got a cooler big enough for big slab of tanted meat. Lol

I'll plan on bringing along a cooler with ice. Was hoping to have some Spotted Cow and other beverages in there, but might need it just for dhartmann's back therapy.

I would like to try some spotted cow

Visiting the Chiropractor tonight. Icing all day along with stretching. I'm doing my best to not let this event get away from me..... I've discovered the mattress we have sucks by the way.

I found out my back didn't agree with my mattress until after I tweaked my back, last summer. I finally ended up with a memory foam mattress from IKEA, believe it or not. A couple of the higher end mattresses felt more comfortable, but thousands of dollars for a bed seemed a bit much.

Ok, well, that took awhile, but PMs went out for cabin contributions and directions for everyone. Prince Hartmann, not that I trust Chiropractors, and equate them to some form of witch-doctor, but I'm wishing you well. Hopefully it all gets worked out for you. The good news is, Corydon golf course will not be hard on your back, it's way too short to wear anybody out.

~Rock

I'm thinking i'll have to show up and just swing really slow and smooth. Not big drives coming from me on this trip....

Ok, well, that took awhile, but PMs went out for cabin contributions and directions for everyone. Prince Hartmann, not that I trust Chiropractors, and equate them to some form of witch-doctor, but I'm wishing you well. Hopefully it all gets worked out for you. The good news is, Corydon golf course will not be hard on your back, it's way too short to wear anybody out.

~Rock

I have no problems taking a dollar from a young cripple. Lol

Yea, I've told everyone that Corydon golf is $10.00, but that doesn't take into account all of the dollar bills I'll be collecting from everyone.

~Rock

I'm going to say it again when this is all done and overwith, but I have a new appreciation for the people that organize these things. I've accomplished close to nothing at work today, and I'm sitting here staring at a list of names to put together groups. You'd think this would be easy.

~Rock

I'm going to say it again when this is all done and overwith, but I have a new appreciation for the people that organize these things. I've accomplished close to nothing at work today, and I'm sitting here staring at a list of names to put together groups. You'd think this would be easy.

~Rock

you're a lawyer just tack on some billable hours to some random old person.

1) hat
2) paper w/names
3) names in hat
4) draw names
5) write names down
6) draw line after every 4 names
Glad I could help

you're a lawyer just tack on some billable hours to some random old person.

Hmmmmmm, sure, but which one.......ATTN: Iowa Supreme Court, just kidding, I like my license to practice.

1) hat
2) paper w/names
3) names in hat
4) draw names
5) write names down
6) draw line after every 4 names
Glad I could help

I actually put everyone's names through a random group generator. But I'm tweaking it to prevent people from playing with the same people all 3 rounds.

~Rock

It is tough dude. Planning Branson's extra rounds took me forever

Big props to McRock for putting this all together!

Thanks for all the thanks everyone. I'm just glad you are all coming. Groups are up in the first post. I believe no one will play with the same person all 3 rounds. Now I'm working on what I think will be a fairly clever competition aspect to this.

I tried to accomdate everyone's tee requests. If it's any consolation, there are only 3 groups going off at 5 minutes apart. So you aren't really gaining or losing much time.

~Rock

Back