DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eldorado Country Club in McKinney (not the apt. club). This is where Hunter Mahan played golf as a junior. Tight course with plenty of trees, fast greens and sometimes not fair to good shots. Got a great deal out there but don't know what their current offers are.

Well so much for today... That 30% chance of rain in the morning I saw yesterday has turned 80% though about 5 this evening.

Ya, definitely looking like a no go for today's golf hopes. I still had hoped of getting out this afternoon, but looks like I will be watching the LPGA US Open .

Anyone playing in the two day mid-am next weekend that will be held at Meadowbrook and Pecan Valley?

Anyone playing in the two day mid-am next weekend that will be held at Meadowbrook and Pecan Valley?

That sounds like fun, but not with the game I have at the moment. Would love to get into this next year though.

That sounds like fun, but not with the game I have at the moment. Would love to get into this next year though.

Nonsense, get out there with me!

Nonsense, get out there with me!

I can't get off the tee box right now. I was planning on hitting the range and correcting that issue today. But with the rain (range probably closed), I volunteered to take my daughter to ice skating practice.

I could not do it anyway. I just checked the calender. The family is heading out to NC the 29, we hope. I may be at the airport most of the morning.

Hey niteowl03, I regripped the Cleveland driver and attempted do the recoil shaft too, but the grip wood not go on the recoil. The driver turned out great, and I will try and get it to the range tomorrow. I had to cut the new grip off of the iron though. I will have to pick up another grip and try again in a day or two.

Hey niteowl03, I regripped the Cleveland driver and attempted do the recoil shaft too, but the grip wood not go on the recoil. The driver turned out great, and I will try and get it to the range tomorrow. I had to cut the new grip off of the iron though. I will have to pick up another grip and try again in a day or two.

If you have issues let me know and I'll re grip it for you. I am going to put UTxs on them when I put them in my gamers anyways

If you have issues let me know and I'll re grip it for you. I am going to put UTxs on them when I put them in my gamers anyways
I'm going to try and pick up two more today, if the weather stays bad. Will give it another shot and see how it works. I really want to try that 6i with that grip.

Hey guys, around the July 4th weekend I maybe swapping bikes down in Houston. I thought it might work @ stopping by & play with ya'll but I can only pack clothes to take on the bike. If it works out where we can hook up anybody have a 2nd set of old clubs I could use? I can grab a dz of balls @ Walmart in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

Hey guys, around the July 4th weekend I maybe swapping bikes down in Houston. I thought it might work @ stopping by & play with ya'll but I can only pack clothes to take on the bike. If it works out where we can hook up anybody have a 2nd set of old clubs I could use? I can grab a dz of balls @ Walmart in Dallas/Ft. Worth.
I should be available that weekend. We can find someone with a set of clubs. If nothing else, I can break out the old bag for looks on the golf cart, but just play out of my regular bag.

Last edited:
I'll be at the Lakehouse that weekend, sorry bud!

Just thought of something. A course should have a rental set. I wont know the exact dates until I get back from Iowa & get a hold of my bud in Houston

GO GET 'EM!

I'll miss this year's. My daughter has a swim meet up in The Colony. This will be ther first one I've missed in several years. The courses should be in a great shape after all of this rain. I hope it clears up before Friday.

Just thought of something. A course should have a rental set. I wont know the exact dates until I get back from Iowa & get a hold of my bud in Houston

Im pretty sure I can put something together, I havent sold it all yet

Might be interested in doing this. Any idea how they might calculate my handicap since I have not been posting it anywhere? Don't want to get flighted in the wrong group... I know what I've shot for every round I've played in 2014...but I just haven't logged it.

May want to call and see since they will likely be using 6/15 revisions for flighting purposes.

Regarding the Mid-am:

The guys at PV yesterday were saying it would be 18 there and 18 MB but that's wrong.

Just called and all 36 are at Meadowbrook. No range there so warmup will be non existent.

$125 includes everything.

Handicap flighted and then pays out gross per flight. So you could have all the 9's - 12's playing each other - no strokes given....straight gross.

I'm gonna sign up today.

Good luck, I'm going to lay out on this. I'll have to start posting my scores to obtain a legit handicap going forward. I clicked the Handicap Tracking link on the THP website and was able to sign in, but it seemed to not like 'Pecan Valley' when I selected that course. Shot back to back 77's on the Hills course out there the past 2 weekends. I used to avoid the Hills course because it was always in bad shape but it's in pretty good shape right now -- and these rains we've had the past couple days will make it that much better.

Should be able to find PV, I post scores there all the time. Lists Hills and River separately.

And nice shooting!

Good luck, I'm going to lay out on this. I'll have to start posting my scores to obtain a legit handicap going forward. I clicked the Handicap Tracking link on the THP website and was able to sign in, but it seemed to not like 'Pecan Valley' when I selected that course. Shot back to back 77's on the Hills course out there the past 2 weekends. I used to avoid the Hills course because it was always in bad shape but it's in pretty good shape right now -- and these rains we've had the past couple days will make it that much better.

I post PV scores to USHandicap w/o issue.
http://www.ushandicap.com/golf-course/course.asp?facilityID=11173

If you call the pro shop, and have at least 5 scorecards, I think Gary (Pro) will take care of you. Fort Worth is pretty good about accomodating newer tournament golfers.

Solid....got it to work now. I'll update the scores from my last 10-15 rounds and roll forward. Thanks gents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back