Ocean City - 2014 THP Invitational #4 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

does anyone know if they sell yardage books at rum pointe?

Mike,probably close to 90% of us have GPS or Lasers.I know I'd help you if you were in my pairing.

I will just throw this out there, if for whatever reason someone bails last minute and no one can get on from the wait list, let me know Ill sign up for the albatross club and take the spot. The last half year has just been a mess, two moves, left my job to start my own business so unfortunately golf has been non existent for me this year!

A spot opened up. It's first come, so get on it and we'll see you down there!

Glad to see the spot filled quickly, I am sure whoever got the spot will not regret it as this weekend is sure to be awesome.

I know this might be a crazy question, but how many player in this invitational will this be their first?

I'm a newbie!

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

This will be my second, excited just the same though.

Using Tapatalk

I know this might be a crazy question, but how many player in this invitational will this be their first?

I'd guess around a dozen for their first event. Lots of fresh faces in this one, and I like it!

I'd guess around a dozen for their first event. Lots of fresh faces in this one, and I like it!

I'm just wondering, cause it seems like a lot of people already know each other. I'm super excited to meet so many people from the site and wish I could spend more time with everyone

I'm just wondering, cause it seems like a lot of people already know each other. I'm super excited to meet so many people from the site and wish I could spend more time with everyone

That's the great thing about THP gatherings. Introductions are first, and then it just takes off from there like long lost friends. You can come away from this weekend knowing 32 other THPers (including JB :friends:, and he doesn't like hugs).

That's the great thing about THP gatherings. Introductions are first, and then it just takes off from there like long lost friends. You can come away from this weekend knowing 32 other THPers (including JB :friends:, and he doesn't like hugs).

Ok, good to know. So, when I meet JB for the first time make sure I give him a nice big hug? ;-)

Heads up for all newbies. When you introduce yourself, please dont just say "Hey Im John Smith". Its a bit easier if you say "Hey Im John Smith 123Guy on THP".

Ok, good to know. So, when I meet JB for the first time make sure I give him a nice big hug? ;-)

Not advisable. Nonetheless, this is what makes THP really unique. And putting faces to real names to forum names makes everything much more personal and creates that bond.

Hey, I'm JohnSmith123 guy on THP!

Nice to meet you all!

I can't wait to meet everyone!

NOW, When the Heck is formats and teams announced? (thought I'd ask...)

This will not be my first THP event. But, every one I attend is exciting. Seeing old friends, meeting new ones, great golf courses is what keeps me coming back for the next one.

Hoping today is the day for formats/pairings maybe? Pretty please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hoping today is the day for formats/pairings maybe? Pretty please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am sure with the last minute changes to the field, JB has had to tweak the teams a bit.

As for format - check out the other 3 Invitationals this year - format has been pretty consistent. Shamble for 9 and Modified Pinehurst for the other 9. But I am sure we will get some confirmation on both soon.

This is my first event. Did an unofficial THP gathering last year in NC (which was awesome)...and had to back out of #theking due to injury at the last minute...but this will be officially my first, and I'm super excited!

I am sure with the last minute changes to the field, JB has had to tweak the teams a bit.

As for format - check out the other 3 Invitationals this year - format has been pretty consistent. Shamble for 9 and Modified Pinehurst for the other 9. But I am sure we will get some confirmation on both soon.

I have never played either one of those formats ( at least I don't recognize those formats ) I don't play in scrambles much, but it's always good to learn something new! Last year in AC we played our own ball and combined the scores I believe.

After I posted i figured thats what was going on.

#can'tcontainmyexcitement

Using Tapatalk

Back