The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

So you think its forthcoming that someone says "Build around me or I am going to leave, but oh yeah, I am taking all of the team money to hamstring you". And FWIW, I dont think its completely apples to oranges. Two HOF that need talent around them to win the ring. Sure one is the most dominant in the league and the other is not anymore, but you never saw Duncan do this (nor would you as he is wired differently). Im not bashing Lebron for chasing the money. Nothing wrong with it. But dont disguise it as "I need pieces".

Bullsh!t. Its always bullsh!t. One report could come out tomorrow that says James wants to make sure he is the highest paid in the league and it would be just as believable. Because they are all bullsh!t. The idea that a player is going to force the hand of a GM to bring in talent, but then not allow them to do so with actualy money is laughable.

So, if Lebron plays for vet minimum, he would right then become the most beloved athlete in the history of all sports for doing what is right for his team?

The idea that a player is going to force the hand of a GM to bring in talent, but then not allow them to do so with actualy money is laughable.

I think that LeBron is more frustrated with Wade, although he won't come out and say it directly, because no one would in that situation. The responsibility should be on Wade to take less money, and LeBron is probably hoping to put more pressure on Wade than on the Miami front office.

come on you think today Duncan is worth the same as Lebron?

Im saying Duncan is worth way more than $9M a year, the dude voluntarily went from $21.5 and the 3rd highest paid player in the league to $9.65M...putting his team before himself.

And lets see he did that in July 2012 so since then:

Last year they made it to the Finals and should have won
This year they won

Coincidence...I think not

Didn't the big three all take less than max deals? Honest question - I kind of recall that but am not sure.

Im saying Duncan is worth way more than $9M a year, the dude voluntarily went from $21.5 and the 3rd highest paid player in the league to $9.65M...putting his team before himself.

This year they won

Just to think outloud... Lebron opts out and takes less money to stay in Miami to build a contender. DWade then opts-in and they dont win another championship while DWade is there...

Do you think the world pats Lebron on the back for taking less money to help his team? Or, do they crucify him for not winning enough rings?

Didn't the big three all take less than max deals? Honest question - I kind of recall that but am not sure.

That is correct.

Lebron James is the 8th highest paid player in the league.

So, if Lebron plays for vet minimum, he would right then become the most beloved athlete in the history of all sports for doing what is right for his team?

Who said that? Its not always extreme to extreme.
But I guarantee you, less would knock the move.
You cant rewrite history, but fans love loyalty.

Just to think outloud... Lebron opts out and takes less money to stay in Miami to build a contender. DWade then opts-in and they dont win another championship while DWade is there...

Do you think the world pats Lebron on the back for taking less money to help his team? Or, do they crucify him for not winning enough rings?

Wade is terrible, over rated and way overpaid, lebron needs to stay in Miami and get rid of wade and replace him with 2 solid vets

This year they won

Absolutely true. He could have absolutely gotten big money still too.

Wade is terrible, over rated and way overpaid, lebron needs to stay in Miami and get rid of wade and replace him with 2 solid vets

Its hard to tell a guy that is "over rated, over paid and terrible" to leave $40MM on the table too.

Who said that? Its not always extreme to extreme.
But I guarantee you, less would knock the move.
You cant rewrite history, but fans love loyalty.

So why haven't a ton of people brought up the fact that he took less money to join the Heat? All you have heard is that he couldnt do it by himself.

Its hard to tell a guy that is "over rated, over paid and terrible" to leave $40MM on the table too.
Oh no doubt I meant more along the lines of that would work out best for lebron and would be able to help the team improve.

I will say the duo of Irving and lebron would be Rediculius

Oh no doubt I meant more along the lines of that would work out best for lebron and would be able to help the team improve.

I will say the duo of Irving and lebron would be Rediculius

Totally agree on the Wade note. It would definitely improve the Heat. But with a player option, you cannot necessarily force the guy to opt-out" and play for less.

Taking his talents back to Cleveland?

Totally agree on the Wade note. It would definitely improve the Heat. But with a player option, you cannot necessarily force the guy to opt-out" and play for less.

All Lebron can do is hope he opts out and someone else is willing to overpay Wade to get him to leave lol

So why haven't a ton of people brought up the fact that he took less money to join the Heat? All you have heard is that he couldnt do it by himself.

Your splitting hairs here. He took less money AND left a team. Right move or wrong move? Up to only him and the fans to decide. Lets not pretend he took a huge cut mind you.

All Lebron can do is hope he opts out and someone else is willing to overpay Wade to get him to leave lol

Exactly right. You have to think if DWade stays, Lebron will leave.

Last edited:
Those 2 together would steamroll the east

The West...not so much
I hear a reality show with Johnny Freaking Football is in the works.

I hear a reality show with Johnny Freaking Football is in the works.

Kyrie, Waiters, Wiggins (or parker), Lebron and Tristan Thompson....Would be tough, and still very young

oh and that bennett scrub they picked #1 last year

This. Wade is a joke and LeBron should get rid of him even if it means leaving Miami.

This. Wade is a joke and LeBron should get rid of him even if it means leaving Miami.

not to mention in the last 3 years hes averaged 57 games played out of 82

not to mention in the last 3 years hes averaged 57 games played out of 82

And by the looks of it... he isnt going to be finding the fountain of youth anytime soon.

Will Cleveland try to move the #1 pick and get love to entice lebron???

Back