The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Will Cleveland try to move the #1 pick and get love to entice lebron???

That would be a fun roster... LBJ, Love, Kyrie, Thompson, Waiters.

Not unless they dump salary somewhere else to bring on Love. Miami will likely have to work with any team that will take LeBron, so I think that they will be the most hesitant about trading him to another team in the east. Also, rookie contracts (especially in this draft) will be fantastic deals for the first 4 years since they are already set. That kind of flexibility will prove very valuable in the coming years. Miami will also be hesitant with a lot of deals if there is not much talent coming back. Dion Waiters is probably their most realistic trade bait piece (since Irving isn't going anywhere), and I'm not sure how Miami would value that.

I think it takes a lot more than the #1 to get Love, and not sure they want to give up multi year's picks quite yet

If the Clippers can get their ownership thing resolved I think they become players. They could clear $ and still have a big three of Paul, Lebron and Griffin. It would almost be worth it just to see all the fickle Lakers fans start wearing Clippers gear and more celebs showing up for their games.

Well it looks like James isn't waiting for that sit down with Wade and Bosh. ESPN is reporting that he has opted out.

This should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Well it looks like James isn't waiting for that sit down with Wade and Bosh. ESPN is reporting that he has opted out.

Not surprised. The Heat can pay him more now anyways compared to if he would have stayed but something tells me he didn't want less money to bring others in. Hes out of there

Just saw a tweet hat stated if King James is concerned about winning there is a team from Harlem that could use his talents

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Wait, reported? Or did he schedule a program to let us know?

Wait, reported? Or did he schedule a program to let us know?
I think he learned his lesson from the backlash he got last time.

#letyouragentannounceit

I think he learned his lesson from the backlash he got last time.

#letyouragentannounceit

hahahahaha!!! I don't even care. Come back to Cleveland with an apology and make basketball relevant here again.

hahahahaha!!! I don't even care. Come back to Cleveland with an apology and make basketball relevant here again.
Pfft I don't need the apology I want him and Gilbert to bro hug

Apologize for what? Dan Gilbert should apologize to the city of Cleveland more than LeBron should.

"If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels."

-Dan Gilbert 2010

Cleveland has a .311 win% since LeBron left and all Dan Gilbert has done is talked. He has not backed up his promise to the fans with even a sniff of the playoffs.

Apologize for what? Dan Gilbert should apologize to the city of Cleveland more than LeBron should.

"If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels."

-Dan Gilbert 2010

Cleveland has a .311 win% since LeBron left and all Dan Gilbert has done is talked. He has not backed up his promise to the fans with even a sniff of the playoffs.

Apologize for being a twit and bailing on the fan base regardless of his reasons. We've had this chat before, so no real point in bringing it back up.

-Dan Gilbert 2010

Apologize for what? Maybe "The Announcement"

He did what he needed to do, was the way he did it right??? Maybe not.

Regardless the Cavs will not put together a good enough line up to compete and win a championship. The likes of Kyrie and Waiters won't be enough.

At the same time the next few months will be interesting.

Just saw a tweet hat stated if King James is concerned about winning there is a team from Harlem that could use his talents
They don't need him.

Maybe the Generals could use him though.

Looks like Magic offered up #4 and #12 and Arron Afflalo for the #1 pick

Might be the best offer Ive seen to the Cavs so far, allthough another SG makes them small with him, Irving and waiters

Might be the best offer Ive seen to the Cavs so far, allthough another SG makes them small with him, Irving and waiters

Mkes you really look at the depth of the NBA drafts. But also how much a single impact player can mean.

Mkes you really look at the depth of the NBA drafts. But also how much a single impact player can mean.
Exactly, after the first few it gets watered down pretty quick. #4 would land then Embiid or Exum...which if they bust doesnt seem as bad as Embiid busting at #1 overall....and to whiff on #1 2 years in a row potentially is no bueno.

But I got no clue whats out there at #12, probably some guy from overseas who will never play.

I still think they need to keep the pick and go Wiggins or Parker and move on....which means they will trade it

I think that is actually a solid trade. You don't know what you will get from the 12th pick, but 4 and Afflalo is solid. The top 9 picks in the draft this year will likely be really solid talent (and probably be better than anyone out of last year's draft). However, you know that you are very, very likely to get a future star with picks 1-3, assuming Embiid goes 3. Cleveland has a halfway-decent foundation already, so it'd be tough to trade out of having a near sure-fire talent at #1.

Exactly, after the first few it gets watered down pretty quick. #4 would land then Embiid or Exum...which if they bust doesnt seem as bad as Embiid busting at #1 overall....and to whiff on #1 2 years in a row potentially is no bueno.

But I got no clue whats out there at #12, probably some guy from overseas who will never play.

I still think they need to keep the pick and go Wiggins or Parker and move on....which means they will trade it

I despise the one and done rule.
I love the way the NFL does it.

I'd love to see Parker/Bron/Irving, but who would play center? Every Kobe needs a Shaq

Only bad thing about that trade is Afflalo has a player option after this year. I would rather see them roll the dice with Love

Only bad thing about that trade is Afflalo has a player option after this year. I would rather see them roll the dice with Love

That also gives you some flexibility in the 2015 FA class if he does decline his option. However, I do not see Afflalo improving so much that he turns down almost 8 mil in 2015-16. Age might be the only factor if he were to exercise the option and have to resign a contract at age 30, but he still should not have much trouble locking down a 3 or 4 year deal with someone in 2 years.

I'd love to see Parker/Bron/Irving, but who would play center? Every Kobe needs a Shaq

If that ever happened Im sure there would be no shortage of Veteran centers looking to play with those guys

or worse case ODEN!

Back