Issues with Cobra Amp Cell Pro irons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would have never noticed a 3 degree difference if not for the cosmetic issue?

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it's not that simple. When they're supposed to be one thing, you look for what's wrong elsewhere.

TTing

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, if Cobra truly do support this forum let them prove it by once and for all resolving this issue. Your turn Cobra, the ball is in your court.

I will say one thing, I doubt Cobra will ever make you happy. Well, short of a refund

They could make me happy quite easily, fix this abortion of a set they sent me. The sad thing is they're a great, and beautiful set of irons and I love hitting them. I more than have the game to play them and would get another set.

They could make me happy quite easily, fix this abortion of a set they sent me. The sad thing is they're a great, and beautiful set of irons and I love hitting them. I more than have the game to play them and would get another set.

They are trying to and you are still pissing on then saying they don't care about quality. If you love hitting them, then why do much negativity.

Let me just add that Cobra would fix the problem for anybody, not just someone from THP. I didn't want what I said to come across that way. Anyways, this is getting boring.

If you're bored bud feel free to not reply, simple. If as you say Cobra will fix this problem, let them, I'm waiting for any sign that they will.

If you're bored bud feel free to not reply, simple. If as you say Cobra will fix this problem, let them, I'm waiting for any sign that they will.

Honestly, there is a correct way to express your dissatisfaction, and then there is the way that you're doing it. I understand that you want "perfection", but you also have to understand that in any manufacturing process there is likely to be some issues. You were unlucky enough to get a bad break, and it sounds like through correspondence with the company that they will make it right, but you have to give it some time. You are really coming across as a bit of a whiner. That being said, I truly hope you get this sorted out in a satisfactory manner.

Man if I complained every time some paint feel off my clubs I wouldn't get much golfing done. As for the lie being off that can be from hitting off range mats on hitting the ground with your club, with forged irons. I do agree with you that I like my clubs to look good, but at the same time it is a chunk of metal that is used to hit an object, what did you think was going to happen?

UPDATE
I just had a call from the people assessing my irons and they asked me the following question, "Do you remeber the specs you ordered the clubs in?" Yes I do, 2* upright, standard loft and length, why.
"Well that's odd, the 5iron and GW are a little over 5* upright and the rest of the irons lie angles are all over the place too".

W T F ! This is a custom set of irons from Cobra, they made them in their factory and then sent them to me like that. That's unbelievably bad! They're contacting Cobra Golf in Australia and seeing where to from here. I know you guys will say just to get them bent again but that not the bloody point. I paid good money for these and expect perfection. This just says to me Cobra have zero idea and don't give a rats arse about quality.

I understand the frustration, but the fact that they called you and apparently suspected that something was off, obliterates the statement that they would be clueless or they would not have or care about quality.

I really hope you get a set of irons that satisfy you, and I can assure you, the AMP Cell Pro set is as good as they come.

UPDATE
I just had a call from the people assessing my irons and they asked me the following question, "Do you remeber the specs you ordered the clubs in?" Yes I do, 2* upright, standard loft and length, why.
"Well that's odd, the 5iron and GW are a little over 5* upright and the rest of the irons lie angles are all over the place too".

W T F ! This is a custom set of irons from Cobra, they made them in their factory and then sent them to me like that. That's unbelievably bad! They're contacting Cobra Golf in Australia and seeing where to from here. I know you guys will say just to get them bent again but that not the bloody point. I paid good money for these and expect perfection. This just says to me Cobra have zero idea and don't give a rats arse about quality.

I'm just curious, but if Cobra didn't care about quality and have no idea what they are doing, why would they question what the specs were suppose to be in the first place? They have already seen the pictures and are in the process of fixing it for you. What more do you want from them? Why must you trash a company who is trying to do right by you?

I'm just baffled by it all right now.

Just for the record. I can vouch for the fact that clubs in New Zealand are bloody expensive. A new titleist driver or optiforce is north of $600. If you are paying that sort of money for a set of irons i would want them to be exactly as ordered, too. As for the paint, some people won't care and some will, I don't see the need to flame the guy because he is someone that cares.

I have been very lucky so far that nothing I have brought from the USA has broken as I imagine it would be a huge pain to get anything sorted out down here in NZ and sending back to the USA is not practical cost wise.

Cobra ACP, drama almost over?

Cobra ACP, drama almost over?

I finally got a replacement set of ACP irons a couple days ago and was so excited to open the box, then I wasn't.
I opened the box and took out the irons only to find they'd put the wrong shafts in, lol. Instead of the S+ shafts I had originally ordered they were S flex. I called them up and they swore blind they were S+ until they got back to me a bit later and admitted they'd got it wrong. I took the irons to the range and hit the 7iron and was SMOKING IT! I called them up and said I'd keep them but I want them to reshaft the GW with the same shaft. The GW wasn't replaced as they can't get more stock until the new year, as a result the GW has an S+ shaft that CPG Australia have agreed to have reshafted with an S flex shaft.
SO, I'm finally close to having this whole thing resolved but I do still believe CPG have some major issues that they need to look at. I have no idea how the first set had 2 irons bent at the wrong lie angles and then this set had the wrong shafts in them.
I appreciate that CPG are working with me at last to resolve this though. Now for my wrist to get better and let me play a full round, at the moment I can tolerate a few shots before it swells up and gets sore.

Thanks for moving this here mods.

You are worried about a little paintfill missing? Dude, be a man and strip it out and paint it yourself with testors paint, to the color of your choosing.

Unless you are entering them into a golf club beauty pageant , why worry about looks and enjoy the performance. I have these irons because they are the best ever created. I changed my paintfill to red.

You are worried about a little paintfill missing? Dude, be a man and strip it out and paint it yourself with testors paint, to the color of your choosing.

Unless you are entering them into a golf club beauty pageant , why worry about looks and enjoy the performance. I have these irons because they are the best ever created. I changed my paintfill to red.
Dude you're so late to the early show it's not even funny. This whole thing is over so here's an idea, leave it alone and move on. Good luck trolling on other old threads that no ones replied to in months, idiot!

That wasn't very friendly.

Dude you're so late to the early show it's not even funny. This whole thing is over so here's an idea, leave it alone and move on. Good luck trolling on other old threads that no ones replied to in months, idiot!

Well that was subtle. Perhaps we should just lock this one up since it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back