Looks like I won't be playing the home course for a while. Picture is taken from abov

Target golf at it's finest. That does really suck.

Damn, that sucks. Hope they get it fixed and it's okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like I won't be playing the home course for a while. Picture is taken f...

Looks like I won't be playing the home course for a while. Picture is taken f...

How do the rest of the city's courses look? My favs are Meadowbrook and Wirth.

I heard Meadowbrook is under some water along with nearby Interlachen (sp?). Gross is fine, Columbia has 1 temp green. Not sure about Wirth. Hiawatha was, by far, the worst hit. The creek the goes through it feeds the lake and they both went over their banks. The pumps are on but there really isn't anywhere to put the water. Hopefully the water will recede before too much grass is killed. I think most of the greens and tees are kinda raised.

You know it is bad when a golf course is the front page photo on the newspaper. This rain we have had is ridiculous, most rain in the month of June since they began keeping records 140 some odd years ago.

You know it is bad when a golf course is the front page photo on the newspaper. This rain we have had is ridiculous, most rain in the month of June since they began keeping records 140 some odd years ago.

Yep is gonna be flooding down here Monday cause of all that rain up there. Sucks.

Sabella would love that course. Never hit a golf ball and would fish all day. :)

That's terrible... Wow... If that were here in Louisiana, snakes would be everywhere around the course once the water receded. Yikes.
you aint lieing about that!! lol

man that sucks!

PoW!!!

that sucks! I'd be super bummed. Hopefully they get it back in shape as fast as possible.

I went over there after dinner tonight. It doesn't seem like the water has receded much and it sounds like 2 greens are underwater. I feel bad for the people working over there.

Uhm. So do I get standing water relief, or nah?

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

I hope they have flood insurance. That kind of thing can force a complete rebuild of a course.

Man, that sucks. Hope they get it back in shape sooner rather than later.

yry5ypuh.jpg

This is Potawatomie Golf Course in St. Charles, Illinois last year after melting snow rose the river level(the course is riverside).

holy cow. That is a serious flood.

This happened to my course a few years ago. It has 4 holes that border a river and another 7 or so that border the drainage to the river or the ponds. We had a really wet spring and the river flooded, and that made sure that nothing else would drain so pretty much the entire front 9, 2 holes on the back, and the driving range were mostly under water. I think their biggest issue was that the flooding took out a few bridges that carts went over and had to be rebuilt. As far as the course goes, once the holes were not under water, it was open within a few weeks. One advantage was that the water didn't get to the tee boxes and greens. I think those are all elevated enough they weren't touched. I do remember the fairways were as good as they had ever been later that year, so I guess there is a small silver lining. I thought they would be a disaster.

That happened to my home course twice in the last 10 years. It took about a year to recover each time and caused the BC Open to be moved to Turning Stone in 2006.

man those are some serious floods

Ouch....would hate to see that happen to a course I frequent (or any course for that matter). Sucks all around.

This is a city course and my guess is they will open it as soon as it's safe even if it's just 9 holes. It's a bummer since it's 4 blocks from my house I could go over after dinner and get 9 holes in.

This is a city course and my guess is they will open it as soon as it's safe even if it's just 9 holes. It's a bummer since it's 4 blocks from my house I could go over after dinner and get 9 holes in.

Hey Widespot I've got a Jon boat you can borrow...

Dang that's terrible. We could use some of that down here in Houston

I can play winter rules in that, right?

I've never seen such a thing. That's awful. Hope they had good flood insurance.

~Rock

There are several courses in/around the twin cities closed due to flooding. My Monday league is cancelled until the course re-opens from all the flooding. Just insane!!

I just got notice that Wirth opened back open, granted with 1 tee moved up. Last night I played Les Bolsted and although it was much nicer than I expected it wasn't the same for me.

Our next event is cancelled and the one after that looks like it too. Its too bad because after two really bad years, condition wise, this was shaping up nice, but its been way too wet.

…and they're saying there is more rain on the way.

Back