Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

Finale was excellent - the changes were all just fine in my book and all served to enhance GRRM's characters, except one, involving Jojen (I won't spoil). Still not 100% sure why they did that, but it's not too earth shattering.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This is a spoiler even for book readers.

Spoiler
There has been speculation on GoT forums based on book 4 and 5 text but nothing concrete.

The Doc and I just finished up the S4 finale, four seasons in a week and a half and now the grueling 9 month wait begins for S5!

Freaking love this show.

Damn James....that is some binge watching. Great show and well worth the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn James....that is some binge watching. Great show and well worth the watch.

She was on vacation for a week, and rather than going away we just wanted to enjoy home and watching some shows we'd wanted to. Was really enjoyable, now she's back to a brutal rotation, booooooooooooooooo! hahaha

Well that was some good bonding time then. Well worth it. If you need another show to watch, check out The Newsroom. First 5 minutes of the very first episode is probably the best written 5 minutes of tv ever. IMO. You can YouTube the first 5 minutes to check it out.

Just finished the last episode from last Sunday.

I'm bummed it's over.

I think Jon Snow ends up on the throne. That red haired chick was eyeballing him as if there may be more to him than we all thought. I never bought the whole "Ned's bastard" thing, because Ned doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would be out running around on his wife. He seems more like the kind of man who would take the kid in and let the world think he was his bastard in order to protect the kid or someone else.

I'm still reading the books, but I'd be shocked if Jon Snow wasn't a bastard.

The book went to great length to show Lady Catherine's disdain for Jon Snow, because it reminded her of Ned Stark's unfaithfulness.

I'm still reading the books, but I'd be shocked if Jon Snow wasn't a bastard.

The book went to great length to show Lady Catherine's disdain for Jon Snow, because it reminded her of Ned Stark's unfaithfulness.

There are some theories out there about Jon Snow, who his mother (father maybe?) & why Cate hated him so.
Just sayin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are some theories out there about Jon Snow, who his mother (father maybe?) & why Cate hated him so.
Just sayin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just want to say

Spoiler
R+L=J

This one is on the radar next after season 2 of House of Cards

Well, there are plenty of things going on to get right into next season. Still, so many questions after this season and last night episode.

- In a nice bit of dialogue, Mance relates how Mag was the last of a bloodline that predated the First Men. "Grenn came from a farm", Jon replies. A great exchange between the two. I'm liking Jon more and more and this scares me based on the past. I fear for Jon Snow (or whoever he may really be).

- Stannis is BACK!! Let's see if he can hold it together on this attempt. There could be some great story lines with Stannis hitting the pavement in the North for next season. So many ways this story and adventure could go!

- Bran will never walk again....but will fly. Hummmmmm.........me thinks I know what the old man is talking about. Bran is about to earn his wings.

- The Hound and Brienne's fight(s) was epic. I was on the edge of my seat. I didn't want to see the end come for either one of them so was really conflicted. But me thinks if the Hound was 100% that would have ended differently.

- Arya's character is picking up steam and I can't help but think she's gonna have a good story line come next season. Arya trained by the Faceless Men, Bran trained by the 3 eyed crow, Jon Snow and Stannis, Sansa trained by Littlefinger. The Stark's might be making a comeback next season??

- I knew Tyrion wasn't done yet! But where does he go from here..................??

So many more questions. And now we wait for a few years.

ec

Yep. The evidence in my opinion is nearly overwhelming.

Very much so but that brings up some other questions/issues, if you read all the books.
Personally, I'd like to think that and would love to see that in the next book. But with Martin, you never know.

There is so much in the books that can't be covered in the show regarding prophecies but my one fear for next season is that in book 5 one main characters story was imo super lame.

There is so wmuch in the books that can't be covered in the show regarding prophecies but my one fear for next season is that in book 5 one main characters story was imo super lame.

I'm considering reading them now. Someone told me that it's like a whole new story lines with the same characters we know now. Might give it a shot.

I'm considering reading them now. Someone told me that it's like a whole new story lines with the same characters we know now. Might give it a shot.

I've enjoyed reading the books since watching the first season. As with most books/movies/television, you tend to get much more from the books than the tv show.

As much as the books piss me off I cannot put them down.

I also cant wait to see where the show goes because I thought this seasons adaptation was fantastic.

There is just so much more backstory available in the books. Mind you 3 & 4 are pretty fragmented just with they way they were split, but there are so many other stories that aren't touched on in the show that are there in the books.

I just want to say

Spoiler
R+L=J

I think I know the R, but not the L. Would make some sense if Ned pretended J was his to protect R from something or someone. L is a mystery to me though. Feel free to PM me if anyone would like to fill me in.

Whatever happened to Robert Barathean's bastard that got John Arun and Ned killed? The one that was working as a blacksmith. I kind of thought he was Tyrion's squire but Im not entirely sure.

I think I know the R, but not the L. Would make some sense if Ned pretended J was his to protect R from something or someone. L is a mystery to me though. Feel free to PM me if anyone would like to fill me in.

Whatever happened to Robert Barathean's bastard that got John Arun and Ned killed? The one that was working as a blacksmith. I kind of thought he was Tyrion's squire but Im not entirely sure.
He was released by Davos last season and we never saw him in this season.

Check out #1 in this link: https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv...-fan-theories-song-of-ice-fire-231653233.html

It should go without saying that this will contain SPOILERS.

PM sent

I think he is out of the picture. I believe there are way too many competing for the throne for one of Robert's flings to take hold.

The show seems to be handling Gendry (the bastard) differently than the books. In the show he hasn't been seen since freed by Davos. In the books he joins up with the Brotherhood and I think is currently hanging out working as a blacksmith. I don't know how material he will be to future storylines, since he's really not the lawful heir of Robert (Stannis is)....although Roose Bolton did legitimize his bastard Ramsay.

The show seems to be handling Gendry (the bastard) differently than the books. In the show he hasn't been seen since freed by Davos. In the books he joins up with the Brotherhood and I think is currently hanging out working as a blacksmith. I don't know how material he will be to future storylines, since he's really not the lawful heir of Robert (Stannis is)....although Roose Bolton did legitimize his bastard Ramsay.

Yeah but Robert's dead and Stannis isn't likely to legitimize one of Robert's bastards and put himself off the throne.

Back