2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

I live in West KY..and other than the Indy event and Nashville Event nothing is really close enough. I'd love to see something added in KY. We have some really good courses here that are very underrated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Its a tough spot, I think many would love to have 2 events that close, fact of the matter is that in some cases it may require a longer drive or a flight.

Its a tough spot, I think many would love to have 2 events that close, fact of the matter is that in some cases it may require a longer drive or a flight.
Yep. I agree with that. I'm hoping I can make one event next year and make a mini vacation out of it

Scenery is unbeatable! We take an October trip up there usually.

I used to play The Bull every year as part of a trip to Kohler and Milwaukee. It is one tough course, I'll say that.

The only real easy way is impossible, if you could somehow do one event per week, one in each state but trips have to be drivable which means realistically 8 hours max

Agreed, I'd love to have two that close!

The only real easy way is impossible, if you could somehow do one event per week, one in each state but trips have to be drivable which means realistically 8 hours max

Nor do I want to have 50 events.
That is not what THP does.
Each event is special and will remain that way. Dilluting them to the point of just a golf round is not going to happen anytime soon.

Omg an event a week...shoot me now

Nor do I want to have 50 events.
That is not what THP does.
Each event is special and will remain that way. Dilluting them to the point of just a golf round is not going to happen anytime soon.

I think we call those "local gatherings", no?

Maybe something in this general area?

2uzuw5g.jpg
Come on now, expand your horizons. More than 1/2 the 2014 events were in your circle :)

You got it. And we love seeing THPers get together and play.

Was meant more rhetorically but it really is great seeing all the groups that obviously started playing together because of THP. We're all #internetgolfers to start with but there is ample opportunity to prove our claims and that is pretty incredible, so thanks to you and GG for providing that opportunity. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Not exactly.
You are right, I am wrong. The red circle didn't go all the way down to Miami. My bad.

You are right, I am wrong. The red circle didn't go all the way down to Miami. My bad.

Even with covering Palm Beach, its still not more than half.
At that point it would be half, not more. Removing it of course means less than half.

Im not trying to nitpick, but it insinuates (not on purpose) a lack of travel or spreading out on our end and I believe over the last few years we have shown the opposite.

I'm skimming...but here is my list of locals I'd like to see.

Kansas City, MO/KS
Omaha, NE
Denver, CO (or Colorado Springs)
North Texas
Branson, MO
I'm not sure about logistics as to locals to stay at, but Hot Spring, AR has a TON of great courses

....and all of these are within a days drive for a LOT of the Midwest AC Members.

Even with covering Palm Beach, its still not more than half.
At that point it would be half, not more. Removing it of course means less than half.

Im not trying to nitpick, but it insinuates (not on purpose) a lack of travel or spreading out on our end and I believe over the last few years we have shown the opposite.
My apologies, that wasn't my intention.

I live in West KY..and other than the Indy event and Nashville Event nothing is really close enough. I'd love to see something added in KY. We have some really good courses here that are very underrated

While it's not western KY I believe L'ville makes a lot of sense with the success of Cincy and Indy events.

While it's not western KY I believe L'ville makes a lot of sense with the success of Cincy and Indy events.
I could dig that

You're close enough we could play E'ville sometime...
LoL.
I've played about 50 rounds there. Love Mineral Mounds. Plus I'm a state employee I get that discount. I hit am Ace there on number 12..

Btw: I have played golf in Tell City before. Know a lot of people there

Oops I thought you meant Eddyville not Evansville

I still think Pittsburgh should get one. It's a fantastic city, there's some great courses, plenty of incredible food, and just all around awesome people!

I still think Pittsburgh should get one. It's a fantastic city, there's some great courses, plenty of incredible food, and just all around awesome people!
And 3 thpers.....j/k

Back