Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

I'm headed home at lunch to watch the game and will then come back to work. So many scenarios that get us through, fingers crossed that Ghana can't beat Portugal (particularly with all the distractions around the Ghana camp).

Ghana just kicked two of its starters off the team. Things looking better for a portugal win

That flooding is not good. My sister and brother in law are there for the game today...hope that weather doesn't keep them from getting to it.

Ghana just kicked two of its starters off the team. Things looking better for a portugal win
Just have to hope that they don't mail it in if Portugal takes too large of an early lead. Portugal only has to make up a 4 goal differential. We also need to keep the Germany score close.

Win and move on. That's our best chance.

Wish this would have been harsher:

Just have to hope that they don't mail it in if Portugal takes too large of an early lead. Portugal only has to make up a 4 goal differential. We also need to keep the Germany score close.

Win and move on. That's our best chance.
this is my biggest concern, Portugal smokes Ghana, we lose to Germany and Portugal moves on via goal differential

Wish this would have been harsher:

Agreed. It's his 3rd biting incident. What does someone have to do to be banned for life, carry a gun onto the pitch?

this is my biggest concern, Portugal smokes Ghana, we lose to Germany and Portugal moves on via goal differential
I don't think this Portugol team is capable of beating Ghana, even after the moves.

Pre match coverage on ESPN3....and it's still raining.

BrEI0CBIcAAIu6L.png:large

Changes to the lineup from Portugal game...Brad Davis in for Bedoya, and Omar Gonzales in for Geoff Cameron

2 starting lineup changes for the US: Bedoya and Cameron out, Gonzalez and Davis in. Davis hasn't played 1 minute in the first 2 games.

BrEI0CBIcAAIu6L.png

2 starting lineup changes for the US: Bedoya and Cameron out, Gonzalez and Davis in. Davis hasn't played 1 minute in the first 2 games.

BrEI0CBIcAAIu6L.png

Bedoya was pretty invisible against Portugal since everything was going down the right side. Gotta wonder if these are matchup issues or mainly fresh legs

Regarding the Suarez ban, FIFA didn't have the power to ban him for life. Maximum was a 2 year ban. I think to include his Liverpool activities, including even training with the team for 4 months is actually about right.
With regards to the US, bad news, I don't see them winning this, I'm predicting a narrow loss. Good news, I'm confident they will still progress.

I'm rooting for USA in this one, I haven't been a fan of Germany since Italy 1990.

If only Chuck could help

This US team is ready to take the next step and it starts today. They showed the ability to play with the big boys now they need to show it on the field.

#IBelieve

My prediction for this afternoon: Germany wins 3-1 over USA, Portugal draws with Ghana 2-2, USA goes through the group. At least I hope that's what happens. I just don't think the US has any shot of actually playing on the same level as Germany.

So IF we lose then we have to hope for a Ghana tie or loss?

Dempsey can help

5egu7eve.jpg

So IF we lose then we have to hope for a Ghana tie or loss?

Yes. Tie of any fashion from Ghana v Portugal is what we want

Looks to be raining pretty good there.

Advantage any way?

Looks to be raining pretty good there.

Advantage any way?

I think it helps us slow down the German speed. It's been raining there for 9 hours they said

Back