Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Really though.. anyone who is on the fence I can promise you a few things

1. We dont bite (except bulldog)
2. We are going to have a blast
3. Some of us may shoot in the high 90s or 100s
4. We will have fun
5. We will laugh a lot

Who wouldnt want to be a part of this.. Come join us this weekend, cheap golf at a beautiful golf course.

Quoted for the truth, and bolded for what I will be shooting. Don't worry if you are a high handicapper I can assure you it doesn't matter.

Couldn't have said this better. Bulldog is primarily friendly as long as you don't hit into him on the course.

~Rock

Challenge accepted!

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

Okay I'm starting my trip only shot a 44 I had a shank and then miss some short putts but I think my game or will be ready

Boom! In 12 hours the Northern Illinois Express will be heading towards Iowa.

I've been advised playing lots of golf this weekend probably won't be great for my back.... So of course I'm going to Iowa to play golf! :)

From The HTC One Blue!

I've been advised playing lots of golf this weekend probably won't be great for my back.... So of course I'm going to Iowa to play golf! :)

From The HTC One Blue!

I'm a doctor of jurisprudence, we'll keep you healthy.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Couldn't have said this better. Bulldog is primarily friendly as long as you don't hit into him on the course.

~Rock

Or as long as you don't hand him a Shandy.

I prescribe cake vodka and a hole in one.

~Rock

Crossing into Iowa now

Couldn't stand spending in missey. Im in Lamoni

Got off early on the course & hit the road @ 5:35.

Are you guys going to eat lunch on the road, or do you want lunch here tomorrow? If eating here, your choices are bar food and pizza. Golf will start around 1pm.

~Rock

Sorry, Rock, missed this post. We'll check on our progress mid-morning and let you know what we're planning.

Have fun guys, will wave as I fly over in route to Maryland this morning...IOWA

Dont forget your discount green fees punch cards everyone.

~Rock

Breakfast stop!

ehyty8yp.jpg

From The HTC One Blue!

Ok Rock.. when & where to meet up today?

Ok Rock.. when & where to meet up today?

I'll have a better idea of that in a couple of hours. But for purposes of planning, just figure on noon. I may get out of here a bit earlier than that, but noon is safe.. Have to run to another office for a bit, then head back to corydon to wrap up a few loose ends.

We'll get lunch somewhere. Pizza, bar food, or sub sandwiches from a gas station are your choices for lunch. Team Illinois should keep me posted on their lunch plans.

Dinner will be at Ludlow's here in Corydon. It's a nice place, steaks and sandwiches dominate the menu. But you get that nice 'small town' price for your food.

We've picked up 3/4" of rain in the past 24 hours, with 1/2 inch last night. Corydon golf course should have been dry enough on Wednesday to withstand this amount of rain, so I say game on for today!

Also, today is hole 18, which means I can post this, work, and then kick this weekend off. One of the longer par 5s on the course. 3 wood or driver off the tee will be fine for everyone. Long hitters could try to cut the corner, which like every other dog leg on the course, has a bunker protecting that inside corner. The fairway splits about 150 yards from the green. Most of us will want to just play it safe and head to the left side to stay above the green. However, better players (better than I) may want to take the right side. The right side will leave you an uphill wedge shot, but pin placement may make you want to be on the right side. I'm not that good, so I just always shoot for the left. A deep bunker protects the right side of the green.

Oh, and pro tip (because I've seen the head pro do it). You can actually ignore the fairway, and tee off into number 1 fairway. This reduces the yardage and can get you on the green in two. But the course would have to be not busy, and you need to be thinking a minimum of 290 yard drive.

golf_card_hole_18.jpg

~Rock

Dont forget your discount green fees punch cards everyone.

~Rock

I'm glad you posted this as I have to go home now before I leave.

Rock if I leave my house before 4 today that will put me in Cordyn about 615 or so will that be early enought to meet everyone for dinner? I just would hate to drive to Cordyn and miss dinner.

Rock if I leave my house before 4 today that will put me in Cordyn about 615 or so will that be early enought to meet everyone for dinner? I just would hate to drive to Cordyn and miss dinner.

Probably. Let us know when you leave and your ETA and I can tell you for sure.

~Rock

Heading your way. Et 45mn-1hr

Tear up the golf course today boys! You should do a HOTD

7 inches of rain at the house yesterday. Glad it was here and not at the course. Hoping it is dry enough to get to the range today.

Has anyone ever been putter shopping at Manards? Prince Hartmann has.

Back