Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think you will be surprised by it. I sure as heck was. I think it got a bad rap before many had hit it.

I think it could be a blast. True definition of a thriver, a 14* 42" 460cc driver? Sounds like a hoot to me!

Considering selling the SC100 to put the cash towards practice/rounds. I just do not use it enough to warrant it.

Pondering a staff bag waiting on the range at True Blue for me in 4 weeks...

Pondering my MC bag, specifically my setup for my woods. Do I go 588 3W, 5W, 4 hybo or do I go 588 3W, 2H, 4H? Any thoughts?

SeeMore SB2c or Bettinardi BB54... I just cannot make up my mind!

Pondering my MC bag, specifically my setup for my woods. Do I go 588 3W, 5W, 4 hybo or do I go 588 3W, 2H, 4H? Any thoughts?
The 588 woods are available?

I hate myself for even saying it, but I am pondering irons. I absolutely love my DPC's but the truth is that I would benefit from extra forgiveness, and some extra distance wouldn't hurt either. I haven't hit anything to make a list but that one range session with c0ncept has me thinking about the i25's.

SeeMore SB2c or Bettinardi BB54... I just cannot make up my mind!

BB54 all the way here.

I hate myself for even saying it, but I am pondering irons. I absolutely love my DPC's but the truth is that I would benefit from extra forgiveness, and some extra distance wouldn't hurt either. I haven't hit anything to make a list but that one range session with c0ncept has me thinking about the i25's.

I'm pondering the exact same thing, will know more after a fitting in a couple of weeks. I'm not really looking at the i25 irons, but Apex and SLDR irons interest me.

BB54 all the way here.

I'm pondering the exact same thing, will know more after a fitting in a couple of weeks. I'm not really looking at the i25 irons, but Apex and SLDR irons interest me.
I'm open to anything in that class of irons, I just happen to have swung the i25's a few times (and liked them). It is crazy for me to even think about it ... the wife may divorce me if I spend real coin on irons :)

Tour Preferred UDI in a 4 iron replacement. Just because.

I recently switched to the AP1s from the J40s and so far I'm a bit torn on the experiment. On the plus side I've gained quite a bit of distance and I don't chunk as many as I used to.
But on the flip side, I can't say with any certainty that my iron game is better than it was with the J40s. Distances aren't as consistent and I'm flying a lot of greens which is something I never used to do...ever. The misses that plague my game cannot be fixed with forgiving equipment and I knew that going in. A closed face at impact = left left left regardless of how large your iron head is.

That TP UDI gives me no interest whatsoever

That TP UDI gives me no interest whatsoever

It gives me a ton of interest, I would love to entertain some folks on the range while I attempt to hit it.

It gives me a ton of interest, I would love to entertain some folks on the range while I attempt to hit it.

Im sure I could hit the 9 shots with it.

Im sure I could hit the 9 shots with it.

Top, Thin, Shank, Fat, Slice, Pull, worm burner, Chunk, Whiff.

Yep, me too.

Top, Thin, Shank, Fat, Slice, Pull, worm burner, Chunk, Whiff.

Yep, me too.

Those are the ones. But when you call the shot prior to hitting it its so much better

Those are the ones. But when you call the shot prior to hitting it its so much better

I bet I could top it backwards.

The best shot I have ever hit was with a driving iron. It was at a THP event. Saying that, I feel that driving irons are about as useful to amateurs as mini drivers.

The best shot I have ever hit was with a driving iron. It was at a THP event. Saying that, I feel that driving irons are about as useful to amateurs as mini drivers.

Just watch the show I put on with that mini drive in Myrtle. It's going to be more spectacular than Matt Flynn setting Packers QB records.

#HatersGonnaHate

Sorry I brought it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back