Tiger Woods Enemy List

I believe he was already on the list.
And fwiw many agree with him.

I believe he was already on the list.
And fwiw many agree with him.

That is because it is bang on.

Read the comments on Feinsteins' blog piece...TW has more defenders than critics, at least in that piece.

I think I remember reading that Earl really shaped his personality. There seems to be this glamorization of Earl Woods. But he was actually a major ash hole

That was cute, some justified and others, not so much. Greg Norman want woods to kiss the ring was funny. Clinton is funny. VJ and Ames dug their own graves. And I thought woods left Haney.

Add John Feinstein.......

What I ultimately don’t understand is this: I know why people still want to watch Woods play golf. They want to see if the genius will come back, if it still lives somewhere inside him because when he was great he was great in ways no one has ever been great.
But why—WHY—are so many people still emotionally involved in Tiger Woods? Why do they get SO upset when he loses or when he’s criticized by ANYONE? The golfer is certainly worthy of our attention. The person? Sorry, not so much.

http://feinstein.radio.cbssports.co...-blog-tiger-woods-never-a-truly-happy-person/

Why are people emotionally invested in ANY sporting event that doesn't feature them, their family, or their friends? It isn't a logical reaction, but it doesn't stop people the world over from doing it. I love me some Tiger and I want him to win. I fully acknowledge his failures and flaws just as I do my own. Of course, I was one who liked that he was closed off and locked in back in the glory days. Never liked Phil much because he wasn't like that. Tiger matches my personality and is a legend. I'll keep pulling for him. If I never pulled for someone who was deeply flawed I'd have to quit watching sports!

I think people defend Tiger because he is under so much scrutiny. How would the average person look if you scrutinized every second they ever spent in public, and then dove into their private life as well? Nobody on the PGA Tour, and maybe nobody in sports, is under near as much scrutiny as Tiger Woods. I have interactions in my past and mistakes I have made that still make me squirm at night when I think of how I acted. I suspect most do. I might close ranks and hold people at a distance too.

Personally, I think everyone on that list, including Tiger, has way too much money, time, and ego. With the exception of the Bob Hope controversy, in which I think Tiger was wrong, it's all much ado about nothing... Except gossip and ego leak. Over the past years, and still today, Tiger Woods is the face of golf. Like it or not, that's a fact. We saw it in the $$$$ and attendance lost during his absence, and we've heard it from a large number of his peers. I imagine it is pretty tough to be Tiger.

Why? I wasn't involved heavily in golf then, but what did Bob Hope do for Tiger??

I thought this list was pretty well done. Honestly either I didn't know, or didn't remember, that Tiger refused to talk to Peter Kostis. I knew about about Bill Clinton thing for Jackie Robinson day.

Interesting article. Some of it was new to me or I just didn't pay attention to it the first time. I have read numerous articles that include Tiger as a horrible tipper, if he tips at all. I believe you can tell a lot about a person on how they tip.

I find these articles interesting ... I am a fan ... but honestly I only watch him him, and care what he does when he has a club in his hand ... if they had a camera following him I'd only watch when he was on the course ... just don't care what he does in his personal life ... heck don't blame him for some of the things he does.

I am sure the list is a LOT longer of people he has benefited, directly and indirectly ... including many on that list ... but those list are not as popular ...

Everyone has enemies his are just more public. A better list though might be of all the people that have benefitted from tiger. Every tour pro, magazine editor, blogger, manufacturer etc. should shake his hand for raising the profile and economics of the game of golf. And lets not forget the benefactors of his Foundation. Then again negative press sells.

I think people defend Tiger because he is under so much scrutiny. How would the average person look if you scrutinized every second they ever spent in public, and then dove into their private life as well? Nobody on the PGA Tour, and maybe nobody in sports, is under near as much scrutiny as Tiger Woods. I have interactions in my past and mistakes I have made that still make me squirm at night when I think of how I acted. I suspect most do. I might close ranks and hold people at a distance too.

That's why the true class acts in sports are held at such high regard. The Tim Duncans and Peyton Mannings of the world are really hard to come by.

I find these articles interesting ... I am a fan ... but honestly I only watch him him, and care what he does when he has a club in his hand ... if they had a camera following him I'd only watch when he was on the course ... just don't care what he does in his personal life ... heck don't blame him for some of the things he does.

I am sure the list is a LOT longer of people he has benefited, directly and indirectly ... including many on that list ... but those list are not as popular ...

I benefited from a previous boss hiring me for a previous job but that didn't change the fact that he was an equine backside.

I honestly am not sure how I feel about Tiger so my comments are not coming from a negative stand point. I liked him early in his career. However, no matter how much I liked an athlete or celebrity, I do find it difficult to continue to support them if they continually have a history of being a jerk to people. As far as Tiger, I've read / hear too many mixed comments from both ends of the spectrum to have a strong opinion of him. Counterpoint: Phil Mickelson is said to be gregarious with the fans and very generous tipper and to charities, yet I always found a sense of arrogance to him that I didn't care for too much. I could be completely wrong in that too. Point being that no matter how much benefit, charity, or positive things come from an athlete, celebrity, etc., it doesn't excuse the negative actions of that person if they continue to be a major tool.

Edit: But mistakes can be forgiven if they obviously try to be a decent person. I don't hold it against any celebrity for keeping people and the press at a distance. It can be done in a dignified way and Tiger generally seems to do it well.

Peyton Manning sexually assaulted an athletic trainer at UT and settled for $300k. We are a forgiving society, I guess.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

Peyton Manning sexually assaulted an athletic trainer at UT and settled for $300k. We are a forgiving society, I guess.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

I've never heard about that. That being said, seeing how Peyton Manning has conducted himself over the course of his 18 year career, I actually find it pretty hard to believe. I just read a quick run down of the events that took place and it's a basic he said/she said. If you think that takes Peyton Manning out of the true class act category, that is your opinion and I respect that. But it doesn't change that others are still in that category, Tim Duncan, Barry Sanders, etc.

when you as good as he is for as long as he has been you will make enemies i bet a similar list could be put together for MJ

I've never heard about that. That being said, seeing how Peyton Manning has conducted himself over the course of his 18 year career, I actually find it pretty hard to believe. I just read a quick run down of the events that took place and it's a basic he said/she said. If you think that takes Peyton Manning out of the true class act category, that is your opinion and I respect that. But it doesn't change that others are still in that category, Tim Duncan, Barry Sanders, etc.

I never heard that either. Unfortunately, I am never sure when to believe those stories. I knew people that had been on both sides of an actual assault and also someone falsely accused. Just bad situations all around. Somebody's life always gets screwed up badly.

I guess my point is that you only know so much about athletes and celebrities. You basically know what the media wants you to know, and little else. I find it humorous how some people define a "jerk" sometimes too. A very good friend of mine thought that one PGA Tour player was a "jerk" because he didn't give his kid a glove or ball at a tournament. "He stiffed us! I can't believe he wouldn't even give my kid a glove or a ball!" Really?

Look, Tiger isn't the first golfer to decline to play in the Bob Hope. He's just the one someone felt like running to the media about.

I think the Haney one is a stretch. He never came across as an enemy to me. I thought he was more than fair in his account of his time with TW. And that Stephen Ames story is awesome.

I'm surprised no one has made a joke about Sean Foley missing from the list.

What will always baffle me is that a jerk like Eldrick Woods has defenders out the wazoo, and a seemingly good dude like Tony Romo gets beat to death daily during football season regardless of how he plays or what he says.

Funny world we live in I suppose.

Why didn't Clinton invite him prior to winning?

For the same reason only the championship winning NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB teams get a visit to the whitehouse. Why should Tiger have received an invite before winning the masters? Because he was a great college player with potential? Before that, he'd won 3 PGA championships I believe and was definitely on the up slope...but he wasn't the messiah of golf yet.

What will always baffle me is that a jerk like Eldrick Woods has defenders out the wazoo, and a seemingly good dude like Tony Romo gets beat to death daily during football season regardless of how he plays or what he says.

Funny world we live in I suppose.

Winning cures all.

Winning cures all.

Agree. Tony Romo is just a middle of the road player on a middle of the road team. Honestly, most people should barely know who he is. Instead, people tend have really strong feelings about him one way or another. Tim Tebow is more hated than Tiger, and that's basically because people got sick of hearing about what a good guy he was. In both cases, it's because these guys get more coverage than they deserve.

Back