The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fired a couple hundred balls into the horizon tonight until I could swing no longer.
I'm improving with the new grip and swing changes but still have a lot of work before I get to a level of consistency that will actually drop my cap.
Driver is working well right now, and I'm gaining a ton of confidence with my 5 wood set at 17.5* of the tee for those pesky lay up holes.

Two large buckets at the range tonight. More work on getting the hands back involved again. Consistency is really nice, but power is still lackluster. Going to need some professional help for that I think.

Productive range time today. Working on what I've been doing wrong with the driver and seeing better results. Going to take some work to get the bad habit out, but it's promising. Was striping the 3wood today about as far of carry as I've ever had with my driver at that range. Then I spent some time working on putting. I feel good about what I'm doing just need to do more of it and get that comfort level back up. Overall I'm feeling better about things and looking forward to getting on the course again.

Fired a couple hundred balls into the horizon tonight until I could swing no longer.
I'm improving with the new grip and swing changes but still have a lot of work before I get to a level of consistency that will actually drop my cap.
Driver is working well right now, and I'm gaining a ton of confidence with my 5 wood set at 17.5* of the tee for those pesky lay up holes.

I really want a 17* 4w to play around with, I feel like it would be so consistent for me. My 3w has this tendency to be either amazing or terrible with no in between.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Productive range time today. Working on what I've been doing wrong with the driver and seeing better results. Going to take some work to get the bad habit out, but it's promising. Was striping the 3wood today about as far of carry as I've ever had with my driver at that range. Then I spent some time working on putting. I feel good about what I'm doing just need to do more of it and get that comfort level back up. Overall I'm feeling better about things and looking forward to getting on the course again.

Dude you hit that freaking 3deep so well. I'd be SO interested to how you played if you just brought the 3deep and no driver one time.

Dude you hit that freaking 3deep so well. I'd be SO interested to how you played if you just brought the 3deep and no driver one time.

I will try it next time we go out. Can't get any worse than the last couple outings haha.

I will try it next time we go out. Can't get any worse than the last couple outings haha.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised, my friend!

Lesson 8 tonight.

Started on chipping for first time. Noticed I stunk at keeping weight on front foot and was trying to scoop the ball. Also my forward press was overdone and would lead to way too many thins. Tweeked the take away and the setup and most importantly the grip and then things were much better. Still need lots of work to get feel and distances down but progress nonetheless.

Then about 45 minutes hitting irons. He liked what he saw as far as continuing to try to eliminate the inside on the downswing. Problem then wad I was holding onto the club and not releasing. Exact grip change from short game and I started flushing everything. Either straight or a smudge right but only time I was missing is when I was lifting up early. Another focus was getting back shoulder turn through the ball as I was hanging back some and balls going right.

Then tried some hybo off the deck which I suck at. Started off shakey but changed grip and then focused on takeaway more outside and I was hitting some high bombs. Missed a few right due to same issues above but love the solid Contact.

We have plan in place to finish up before the mc. Next lesson is driver and irons...then short game for most of 2 lessons including sand work and putting (and 50 yard shots which I've ignored) and then a playing lesson to see where i stand.

All in all I see the light at the end of the tunnel just gotta keep heading down the track

A man with a plan. I like it buddy.

Kindof a lesson then practice post. Had a lesson yesterday, the most productive single half hour lesson I think I ever had. Fixed my getting stuck which then let me focus on hip turn. Boom, half an hour later the punch is back in my swing and so is my draw.

This is why I take lessons. My coach can spot stuff quickly and I can get it fixed in quick enough I can stop worrying about my fitting for irons next week.

Have a lesson scheduled for tomorrow. Can't wait as it's been a couple of months since I've had one. My practice time on the range has definitely decreased the month since it's been so hot, but I have a feeling I'll be back at after the lesson.

A man with a plan. I like it buddy.

Yeah I told him hes going to have to be WAY more flexible with his schedule to make this work, hes definitely on board

Range work this morning. 1 hour working on full swing. Started with wedges and worked up to driver. Took a lot of swings to get warmed up! I headed to the short game area next and started in the bunker. I made a line in the sand and lined up 12 balls. I focused on hitting just in front of the line. I did this twice and took a total of 30 shots, leaving only 2 in the bunker. Next I hit 40 chips from the rough and then some tight lies work.

uzevajyn.jpg

I hit 10 shots to each flag. I finished with 45 minutes of putting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Range work this morning. 1 hour working on full swing. Started with wedges and worked up to driver. Took a lot of swings to get warmed up! I headed to the short game area next and started in the bunker. I made a line in the sand and lined up 12 balls. I focused on hitting just in front of the line. I did this twice and took a total of 30 shots, leaving only 2 in the bunker. Next I hit 40 chips from the rough and then some tight lies work.

uzevajyn.jpg

I hit 10 shots to each flag. I finished with 45 minutes of putting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Solid work, bro. Nice clusters on the chipping.

Two hours at the range. Mostly short game, sand shots. Then driver and 4 wood.
9 holes later today. See if anything worked.

Hit the range at lunch today. Been trying all week to get out there with a tournament this weekend and keeps raining. Finally got in some practice today.

Same boat as Kapsularian, I was finally able to get to the range. I really needed this. I wanted to concentrate on the driver as it has been a very big problem my last few rounds. I think I may have it back under control, but I definitely don't have the distance that I did the last few years. Hope it returns here shortly.
I eh hit the putting green to continue my SPI practice. Distance was dead on and direction was seriously close. All putts were between 15 & 20. I'm trying to get control of feel and distance. I was very happy with today's session.

For the past week something in my swing was not feeling right. I thought I had it narrowed down so when I went for my lesson this morning I spoke to my pro about it. Come to find out my alignment got really out of whack and that was causing some bad things to happen in my swing. Worked on alignment and things got better. It feels like I'm aiming way way right (left hander) but it's spot on. Its just something I need to work on. Hit balls for another hour. Then more short game work. I got there at 7:45 and left at 11:30. My hands were on fire but that did not stop me from playing an afternoon 18

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another great range session. Really starting to like where my full swing is headed. Finally my body is starting to learn to not slide through the impact zone!

I've had a weird work schedule this week where I've been able to hit the range at lunch. Boy have I benefitted from the consistent work - I've seen pretty consistent improvement day over day, which has been nice.

I had a nice range session today. Iron shots were mostly crisp and straight, Pelz shots were right on the mark, putting was solid. I'm especially happy with the iron play.

Getting up at 615 tomorrow to hit the range...actually looking forward to it

Getting up at 615 tomorrow to hit the range...actually looking forward to it

I'm thinking about trying to see if I can use Pebble's range facilities. #longshot #whoamikidding

Early morning range session at 630 today. Started out with short game work. Started a little rough then started making good contact with the new grip. Still work to be done but much better than earlier this week.

Iron game on range not so bueno. Could feel myself hanging back on my right leg and making all arms swings. Then when I tried to focus on turning through I was coming up on my swing and thinning some.
Not happy with that part of the session at all may be stopping back for a nightcap

Worked drivers and wedges again today. Starting to see some good things. I need to post a decent round tomorrow in order to get my handicap back in line. Its been in steady decline since March. Driver and wedges and wedges have been killing my scores.

Worked through 2 buckets on the range today working on my alignment. Some good and some bad. It's going to take sometime but with more hard work I will get it right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back