Tiger Woods Enemy List

I think "enemies list" is the sort of thing that people say Tiger has to prove that he's really angry or upset with people. It's just as easily a list of Tiger's detractors. Whoever wrote this seems to be engaging in a lot of projection, and hopes that Tiger thinks as much about the media as the media seems to think about Tiger.

being a big tiger fan I could care less about his personal life. I don't care if he wants to party like a rock star or hang out at church events. I want to watch him play golf. period. im sure that if every move most of us made was on camera or in the news we would be subject to some interesting media ourselves. let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

Sergio Garcia really is one of the all-time jerks.

Open rooting against guys, the racist jokes, the baby, why-me attitude.

Garcia coming apart at the seams on Sunday is one of the surest things in the game right now. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

I guess my point is that you only know so much about athletes and celebrities. You basically know what the media wants you to know, and little else. I find it humorous how some people define a "jerk" sometimes too. A very good friend of mine thought that one PGA Tour player was a "jerk" because he didn't give his kid a glove or ball at a tournament. "He stiffed us! I can't believe he wouldn't even give my kid a glove or a ball!" Really?

Look, Tiger isn't the first golfer to decline to play in the Bob Hope. He's just the one someone felt like running to the media about.

I agree with that. I still think it's impressive when a guy like Derek Jeter can go his entire career without a blemish. No one is perfect, and typically the guys in the spot light have their faults personified. A select few are able to make it through relatively unscathed. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the media, but I'd also be willing to bet that guys that I've mentioned are just overall better guys than guys like Tiger.

It is estimated that the golf industry (TV ratings, equipment sales, clothing etc.) would stand to lose 3.5 billion dollars per year if Tiger does not play. Love him or hate him, he remains a formidable global marketing force for the game of golf.

I have trouble hating anyone I've never met personally, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see him........

It is estimated that the golf industry (TV ratings, equipment sales, clothing etc.) would stand to lose 3.5 billion dollars per year if Tiger does not play. Love him or hate him, he remains a formidable global marketing force for the game of golf.

Just think what would happen if he adopted a pleasant personality and actually acknowledged the fans like Phil Mickelsen, Arnold Palmer and a few other in golf have done over the years. Much more marketable.

-+a+Mickelson.jpg

b_02_Mickelson_ThursStory.jpg

AP9406170135.jpg

Just think what would happen if he adopted a pleasant personality and actually acknowledged the fans like Phil Mickelsen, Arnold Palmer and a few other in golf have done over the years. Much more marketable.

-+a+Mickelson.jpg

b_02_Mickelson_ThursStory.jpg

AP9406170135.jpg

Imagine if Phil and Arnie won majors like Tiger did.

Imagine if Phil and Arnie won majors like Tiger did.

Pretty sure they have a good share of majors - and likeable personalities. I see many more commercial advertisements from Phil and Arnie - and no so many of Tiger, especially over the last several years. Wonder why.

Pretty sure they have a good share of majors - and likeable personalities. I see many more commercial advertisements from Phil and Arnie - and no so many of Tiger, especially over the last several years. Wonder why.

They have 11 between them

They have 11 between them

And more in the last 5 years than Tiger Woods. Im not saying that is better or worse. Just that for some reason in sports, for fans, they seem to believe that its mutually exclusive.

Nobody can take anything away (nor should they try) of Tiger Woods and his accomplishments. Arguably the greatest golfer of all time and done an incredible amount for the game. Whether you believe that is him, the timing, the dominance or anything else.

add Keith Olbermann, ESPN.....not sure if anyone watched his coverage of TW's 2nd round...comments about "no alimony check" and "explosion".....and a few other snide remarks.

Back