Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
6i from 168 on a long par 4 (typically a bogie hole for me) to 3 feet for a birdie!

140 yard par 3 into the wind. Put 8 iron inside 5 feet. Just a gorgeous shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaaaaandaaaaay! Attaboy!

92ish yards out in the rough and stuck an AW to less than a foot for birdie today.

Or maybe it was the 40' long 4' uphill with 10' of right to left break putt I hit for a birdie.

It was one of those days. Hot what you shouldn't and miss what you should hit.

After pushing my approach to the right side of the green with the pin all the way on the left I drained a 40' downhill double breaker for birdie. Woop!

I had a lot of shots today that I was extremely pleased about, but there was one in particular that really made me happy.

After failing horribly on a downhill slope that I tried to elevate to land softly on the green (brutal overdraw trying to go for a par 5 in two), I put myself in a brutal spot, well below the hole, maybe only 5 yards to work with on the green, and sloping away from me. I managed to commit on a nice flop that landed left of the hole, rolling out to only a few inches to save my par.

It was a huge momentum boost for me heading into the back nine, after making an unnecessary and foolish mistake twice on two different shots.

Two stand out today on my round at Riverside in Menominee.
On #2 (140 yd par3) I didn't start my shot far enough right and the stiff wind pushed it well left of the green. I was 20 yds left, green probably 10' below my feet and tree blocking me from hitting a flop. I hit my pitch just on to the green and it rolled up to less than a foot.
I hooked my tee shot on #10 , playing 170 today with an elevated green. I was hole high 20 yds left, and jarred the pitch. The green was above my eye level from where I was standing so I didn't see it go in, but I heard it hit the pin and go in.

I think I was more thrilled with the one on #2 because that could have been a disaster, I'll take a par on that hole any day.

Hit some really nice approach shots with my wedges that gave me some short birdie putts, but the best shot of my round was my 5w from an uphill on my approach on 18. Was able to put it on the green for a two putt bird.

Nothing really good today but one that I did enjoy was my approach on #12. I had 170 downhill into a slight breeze with trouble short and a helping hillside long. I took the extra club and hit my 7i into the hillside watched it spin back down the hill and burn the edge before stopping on the fringe, 15 feet from the pin.

Par 3 at the course was playing about 10 yards longer than usual (200 or so). Hit my 3h off the tee, pitch mark was 2 feet next to the hole, left myself a 15 foot putt for birdie (that I missed).

I had couple good shots. I hit a great drive on a short par 5, hit a great 3h to reach in two and leave me a 10ft eagle putt. I then proceeded to hit one of the worst putts in my life to blow a great look at eagle but I did clean up for birdie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last week at a small Alumni tournament, smashed a tee shot on the longest drive hole 346yds to win. Second shot was 160yds and 4ft from the pin. Eagle putt lipped out, so I settled for birdie. Best hole of my life thus far. The next day I played the same corse, and hit my drive 10yds further than I had the day before.

Only birdie today came from a stuffed 54* from 114. Hit it to 4".

Ball came to rest just to the left of the hole. Fortunate it wasn't exactly at the flag or it would have bounced on.

Hybo from 208 into a par 5, intentionally played it up the slope hoping I could get it to come back down to the hole, and it did to 4 feet. Lipped the eagle though, I'm blaming the new review putter.

Hybo from 208 into a par 5, intentionally played it up the slope hoping I could get it to come back down to the hole, and it did to 4 feet. Lipped the eagle though, I'm blaming the new review putter.

Hella good shot!

Hella good shot!

Lucky as hell, was not the smart play over water to the front pin, but I was in a "what the hell" mood hahaha

I put a nice swing on a tee shot, poked it out 270 with rollout. It was one of only 2 good tee shots on the day, though.

104 yard knock down 54* 2nd shot on par 4 10th that hit the bottom of the pin after one bounce and settled 4 feet left of the hole.

PW from 110 uphill to a blind pin (could only see top of flag), knocked it to 3 feet.

3rd shot on a long par 5 was about 180 yards - hit a nice solid 5i that caught the backside of the tier in the middle of the green and rolled up to 5 ft. Two putted

5 iron 188 yds. on the Garmin to 10 ft. on a hole I have never made par, corkscrewed out the birdie for tap in par

I didn't have any today worth mentioning. I had a lot of great contact and 4 or 5 shot that were headed right at the pin but didn't get the results.

7 iron to 3 feet for the bird on one hole and 20 foot putt for bird on another--both won skins for me in the MGA event today.

Played 9 after my shift today.

Par 3 170 into about a 10-15 mph wind 6 iron to here:

mure6evu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back