Holly Sonderrs vs Holly Niederkohr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, cause for a moment I thought I had clicked on the "Treat Women Like Meat" forum instead of the "Golf" forum.

Sorry, but I was just voicing my opinion, not trying to troll.

IMO, lack of journalistic acumen + her appearance + her status = something that another woman golf journalist with greater skills but less assets might be upset with.

I'll shut up now...

Wow. Between yesterday's "playing with the wife" rant and this quote above....just wow.

Hey, you filled in the blanks with something repulsive apparently.

I could fill in the blanks with "She's just a pretty face who got where she is by marketing herself."

No idea if her game is better or worse but I think she is very good at her job.

Hey, you filled in the blanks with something repulsive apparently.

I could fill in the blanks with "She's just a pretty face who got where she is by marketing herself."

Then why not just say that....

thug, there were a couple of posts in this thread that warranted my "meat market" comment. Your post was but one of them. Not sure why, when it comes to the LPGA and women in golf these threads fill up with talk about looks or alluding to "sleeping their way to the top". If the same people who make such comments heard this stuff said about their daughters, wives, or sisters, they'd probably become apoplectic ... so why they feel it's ok to say it when it's not a family member is beyond me.

thug, there were plenty of posts in this thread that warranted my "meat market" comment. Your post was but one of many. Not sure why, when it comes to the LPGA and women in golf these threads fill up with talk about looks. If the same people who make such comments heard this stuff said about their daughters, wives, or sisters, they'd probably become apoplectic ... so why they feel it's ok to say it when it's not a family member is beyond me.

Just a couple thoughts. First, the LPGA and the girls themselves use appearance and attractiveness as selling points to varying degrees. Those swimsuit pics of Sandra Gall (edit: yum yum) weren't pirated and didn't put themselves on the net.

Second, hey, we're guys (aka, guys are pigs). A guy can be saying the raunchiest things about women at a poker table but if someone says the same thing about his sister, wife, or daughter, he will do an immediate 180 and act outraged that anyone could say such a thing.

BTW, girls can be just as raunchy. I know, in college I lived 2 semesters with 3 girls.

In regards to the discussion about men only talking about the looks of LPGA players:

Have you seen the progression of the clothes they where over the last several years?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Just a couple thoughts. First, the LPGA and the girls themselves use appearance and attractiveness as selling points to varying degrees. Those swimsuit pics of Sandra Gall (edit: yum yum) weren't pirated and didn't put themselves on the net.

Second, hey, we're guys (aka, guys are pigs). A guy can be saying the raunchiest things about women at a poker table but if someone says the same thing about his sister, wife, or daughter, he will do an immediate 180 and act outraged that anyone could say such a thing.

BTW, girls can be just as raunchy. I know, in college I lived 2 semesters with 3 girls.

In regards to the discussion about men only talking about the looks of LPGA players:

Have you seen the progression of the clothes they where over the last several years?

So it's their fault?

So it's their fault?

It's no one's fault, their is not a problem. If someone markets themselves in a manner that would lead you to comment on their level of attractiveness, then people will do so. It doesn't reflect poorly on either party.

It's no one's fault, their is not a problem. If someone markets themselves in a manner that would lead you to comment on their level of attractiveness, then people will do so. It doesn't reflect poorly on either party.

There are many LPGA players who don't market themselves out in that way, but yet they still get a comment based on their attractiveness.

I don't have a problem with people commenting on someone's attractiveness, but it seems like a lot of times that's all some look at and comment on. Just gets old.

Just giving my opinion on the conversation at hand.

If someone markets themselves in a manner that would lead you to comment on their level of attractiveness, then people will do so.
None of which explains more than half the comments in this thread.

Wake said:
It doesn't reflect poorly on either party.

I think we disagree on that point. And I'm not talking about the lady golfers.

I'll sleep with both, and maybe play the golf the next morning with her.
*shrugs*

So it's their fault?

That statement usually gets the response you made.

No its not their fault.

However, my wife knows that when she walks out the door certain outfits and clothing will get more male attention. They are all certainly aware as well.

As I said, look at the trend. Shorter skirts, tighter shorts, etc.

Men are going to comment regardless, and I'm not giving that a pass (myself included). Just stating the opinion, even though it's not popular, that their clothing choices contribute.

That statement usually gets the response you made.

No its not their fault.

However, my wife knows that when she walks out the door certain outfits and clothing will get more male attention. They are all certainly aware as well.

As I said, look at the trend. Shorter skirts, tighter shorts, etc.

Men are going to comment regardless, and I'm not giving that a pass (myself included). Just stating the opinion, even though it's not popular, that their clothing choices contribute.

I'm not trying to tell anybody what to do. Was just making a statement that each person chooses what they wish to type out and post on these boards/social media.

So........does anyone think that her game has improved since her employment at TGC? From watching Playing lessons, I don't think she's carrying a -3

So........does anyone think that her game has improved since her employment at TGC? From watching Playing lessons, I don't think she's carrying a -3

I would doubt it, work gets in the way for all of us.

Or how bout the big break when it's all women in bikinis lounging by the pool? They aren't stupid. They know that every guys dream is 16 girls in a luxury golf resort showing the world how they stroke it....the putter I mean! Lol

And let's not forget that Paulina Gretzky doesn't even play golf professionally and she was on the cover a few months ago.

Sex sells. Some girls take full advantage and others don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People crack me up.

This thread is hysterical. People need to stop trying to be so righteous.

Lemme guess, she got those giant fake boobs so people would take her journalism seriously. Give me a break and stop being so naive.

People crack me up.

Lemme guess, she got those giant fake boobs so people would take her journalism seriously. Give me a break and stop being so naive.

As they say;

Haters gonna hate

Give me Win Mcmurry. I would rather see her or Lauren Thompson over Holly any day.

People crack me up.

Thank you. This isn't hating. It's simply commenting on the obvious. Her journalism is...uh...(I'm trying not to hate)...well...um...not all that great?

Her swing, on the other hand, is very nice, with good tempo and very nice positions. See? It's not all hate. Just truth.

Give me Win Mcmurry. I would rather see her or Lauren Thompson over Holly any day.

Amen to that my friend. TGC gets rid of Win McMurry and brings in Lisa Cornwell. Talk about trading beauty for the beast.

The three rules of marketing and advertising--Sex sells, sex sells and sex sells. The LPGA must attract a male audience and I'm sure they understand that the best means to that is "sex sells." The LPGA has come a long ways since the days of the "dykes in spikes".

Maybe a bit OT, but after my remarking what a hottie Sandra Gall while watching her on the practice green at our local LPGA event, my wife said she would give me a free pass if the opportunity ever presented itself. She knows that is about as likely as finding an honest politician..

Entertainers get "work" done to them all the time. I like the natural look, but if someone wants to enhance their appearance either for personal esteem or professional gain, I say "go for it." No different from some of the bald guys I see in my community wearing toupees that look ridiculous! If it makes them feel better, good for them.

As a Michigan native, I think she's great. I will support any other athlete or person from Michigan, as she is. I talk to her when she's on the screen as if she was in my living room lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back