First off lag, kick point and workability in a players blade come to mind. I could list many more but I don't have all night guys.

Its funny you mention this because I had absolutely 0 problem hitting a high draw which is next to impossible for me and I was able to keep the ball extremely low if I so pleased.

Hopefully you find the time to enlighten me with your knowledge as I am genuinely intrigued.

I don't have much to add from what's already been said, aside from I would REALLY enjoy you taking some time to enlighten us, "ball striker." Maybe you just haven't hit all the graphite options? I don't know many people that complain about kickpoint or lag in steelfiber X.

Also, I wonder how this is such a huge issue for you in irons, but I'd imagine you're gaming graphite in your driver... sooo.. what's the difference?

Hey if they work for you great. Not to offend anyone it's just an opinion. Seems like you take my advice seriously otherwise you would simply ignore it. I've been in the retail industry since I retired from the bigs back in 03'. I do fittings, demos and basically buy and sell golf clubs in my retirement. Maybe the graphite has changed a bit and I know it's not like the graphite of old but aside from Collin Montgomerie and Kutchar I don't know of anyone else noteworthy that rocks graphite shafted irons in the PGA. Good on you though I'm glad it works for you and your swing. Like Arnie says....swing your swing. Swings are the fingerprints of your game..... nobody has the exact same. God bless

Hey if they work for you great. Not to offend anyone it's just an opinion. Seems like you take my advice seriously otherwise you would simply ignore it. I've been in the retail industry since I retired from the bigs back in 03'. I do fittings, demos and basically buy and sell golf clubs in my retirement. Maybe the graphite has changed a bit and I know it's not like the graphite of old but aside from Collin Montgomerie and Kutchar I don't know of anyone else noteworthy that rocks graphite shafted irons in the PGA. Good on you though I'm glad it works for you and your swing. Like Arnie says....swing your swing. Swings are the fingerprints of your game..... nobody has the exact same. God bless

Brandt Snedeker.

Going graphite is not by choice. I don't look forward to paying 110$ per shaft. It's a health issue.

Oh and you ever heard of Loomis shafts?

Els gamed the proto recoils I believe, which have crazy low torque and are awesome.

There are some awesome review threads on graphite iron shafts around THP BS. If you're fitting people to clubs, maybe you have an opportunity to open a new door for them. Graphite isn't what it was 5 years ago, let alone 10 years ago. At 92-94 mph with a 6 iron, I have absolutely zero issues gaming numerous graphite options.

BS it's not about taking you seriously it's about getting the right information out there for all the people that read this forum.

I'm gaming recoils in 110g with a 91mp 6i and have zero issues working the ball or the ball ballooning on me.

JRod are you gonna post up your fitting? Or did I miss it.

After my last back surgery in 09 I seriously thought about it. I was gonna go with a set of G5s with a stiff blue dot graphite but after I swung it a few times I knew I could never get the same results. Even after I broke down my swing, made it more compact with less twisting and torque. Have I lost distance?? Oh yeah but I can still work it left or right at will.

JRod, my father in law played KZGs for years and loved them. Still has 'em. Little out of my ability range, but he had only good things to say about them.

BS it's not about taking you seriously it's about getting the right information out there for all the people that read this forum.

I'm gaming recoils in 110g with a 91mp 6i and have zero issues working the ball or the ball ballooning on me.

JRod are you gonna post up your fitting? Or did I miss it.

Which part? He fit me for fuji mci in the 120 x. Problem is the heads I like were about twice as expensive.

Which part? He fit me for fuji mci in the 120 x. Problem is the heads I like were about twice as expensive.

Ouch that hurts was there a huge difference in feel or numbers between the two heads

After my last back surgery in 09 I seriously thought about it. I was gonna go with a set of G5s with a stiff blue dot graphite but after I swung it a few times I knew I could never get the same results. Even after I broke down my swing, made it more compact with less twisting and torque. Have I lost distance?? Oh yeah but I can still work it left or right at will.

I don't understand the last part this. Maybe my reading comprehension is crap but the way I understand it you're saying you can't work the ball with Graphite shafts?

Ouch that hurts was there a huge difference in feel or numbers between the two heads

Feel. The nicer heads are a much softer material and felt amazing. In the clubs defense they weren't the exact same setup.

What was different about the setups? Shaft?

You do realize 09 was 5 years ago. That's a long time in the technology world. Many new things now.

JRod will you be going with new wedges along with the irons? If so, will you stay with the MCI's in the wedges as well?

JRod will you be going with new wedges along with the irons? If so, will you stay with the MCI's in the wedges as well?

Yes and yes. I'm going with 53 and 57 degree wedge to add a driving iron/hybrid.

Yes and yes. I'm going with 53 and 57 degree wedge to add a driving iron/hybrid.

If you don't mind me asking, does the graphite help you with fatigue of the hands/wrists/arms? Or does it just help with pain you have in your hands/wrists/arms?

Sorry, you just mentioned health reasons, so I was curious how much the graphite helped compared to steel.

If you don't mind me asking, does the graphite help you with fatigue of the hands/wrists/arms? Or does it just help with pain you have in your hands/wrists/arms?

Sorry, you just mentioned health reasons, so I was curious how much the graphite helped compared to steel.

according to everything I've read it dampens the shock by 300%. I am making this move for pain reasons. Between motocross and soccer I have broke each wrist twice and more fingers than I can count. My orthopod basically told me it was a necessity at this point.

according to everything I've read it dampens the shock by 300%. I am making this move for pain reasons. Between motocross and soccer I have broke each wrist twice and more fingers than I can count. My orthopod basically told me it was a necessity at this point.

Are you considering grips that soften the blow as well? Example: The Golf Pride CP2 wraps?

Gotcha, thanks! My uncle broke his left wrist two years ago and has mentioned how much his wrist hurts after playing golf. He's got steel shafted irons, but I wasn't 100% sure if switching to graphite would help him a lot or not. Will definitely try to keep up with how the switch works for you.

Are you considering grips that soften the blow as well? Example: The Golf Pride CP2 wraps?

Yep in jumbo nonetheless.

It's funny you mention that.

Gotcha, thanks! My uncle broke his left wrist two years ago and has mentioned how much his wrist hurts after playing golf. He's got steel shafted irons, but I wasn't 100% sure if switching to graphite would help him a lot of not. Will definitely try to keep up with how the switch works for you.

I hit balls off a mat last night for 1 hour in a sim and have 0 pain this morning. That's unheard of for mE

Shaft and length by a quarter inch. That's why I am not 100% sold.

Why can't this ever be easy.

1/4 and your not 100%

Pulling the trigger on that much coin never is

Never realized you raced.

Back