Noise Cancelling Headphones

Great pick up! I keep going back and forth between the QC20is and QC15s. I would primarily use them for air travel.

Great pick up! I keep going back and forth between the QC20is and QC15s. I would primarily use them for air travel.

Both really solid. I think the 15s sound better, but the 20s offer even more noise canceling in terms of talking, etc.

You also made a good point earlier about side sleeping, and that does present a challenge with the QC15s. Decisions, decisions.

Using Tapatalk

I really would like a set for when I mow but wholly crap are they spendy

Both really solid. I think the 15s sound better, but the 20s offer even more noise canceling in terms of talking, etc.

JB or anyone else, have you ever used these practicing on the range or short game? If so how do they hold up?

JB or anyone else, have you ever used these practicing on the range or short game? If so how do they hold up?

I couldnt imagine using the 15s on the range, but thats just me.

I couldn't either, they would be way too big, and I would be afraid they would move during my swing. I also think it would get super steamy in the ear region with those on.

The 20s are ear buds, so they might work out well, but I would prefer a cheaper bluetooth option for this I would think.

I couldn't either, they would be way too big, and I would be afraid they would move during my swing. I also think it would get super steamy in the ear region with those on.

Thanks. Couldn't really tell with the pictures on how big the in ear earphones are & if they would stay on place.

The 20s are ear buds, so they might work out well, but I would prefer a cheaper bluetooth option for this I would think.

I like this idea JB. I use my Apple headphones, but find them falling out and snagging too often. Maybe a bluetooth set would be nice.

So far so good with the new ear buds. I can tell after using them yesterday, that I still love the QC15s however. The QC20s do offer something smaller that I can wear while sleeping on the red eye or when tired on a flight. They also tune out a snorer if I am stuck sharing a room with one.

Agree, sweaty ears is no bueno!

I wound up buying a pair of QC20i before a recent international trip. They are fantastic and offer much better sound reproduction and noise canceling than the QC15s. Took them to the range and they worked well too. The cord has a little clip on it that you can clip to your shirt to prevent the cord from flying around and getting in the way.

Also learned that Bose has an amazing return policy...if you bring in your old headphones they'll take them back under a 'manufacturing defect' policy and you get $100 off a new pair of headphones. Apparently any defect, including normal use wear and tear (mine was the coating on the headband was coming off) will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ironically, I have gone back to the QC15s. I love the noise canceling of the QC20s. It is probably the best I have ever used, but the comfort for me is a bit better on the 15s. So now GG got a new pair of QC20s and we both have solid products.

Ironically, I have gone back to the QC15s. I love the noise canceling of the QC20s. It is probably the best I have ever used, but the comfort for me is a bit better on the 15s. So now GG got a new pair of QC20s and we both have solid products.

Do you practice with the 15s on? And did you (or GG) ever look at getting custom ear molds for the 20s? I got custom ear molds for one of my aviation headsets and they really released the ear pressure/discomfort of the in-ear buds, and weren't very expensive. I brought them with me for the 20s but wound up not needing them because the stock buds were fine.

Do you practice with the 15s on? And did you (or GG) ever look at getting custom ear molds for the 20s? I got custom ear molds for one of my aviation headsets and they really released the ear pressure/discomfort of the in-ear buds, and weren't very expensive. I brought them with me for the 20s but wound up not needing them because the stock buds were fine.

Im not a music while I practice guy, so for me it would be a no go.
To be honest I am not a music guy, so my headphones are for traveling and video content or audio with books.
She likes music and will get more use out of them and has a travel schedule too.

As for earbuds they are extremely comfortable, but after 4-5 hour flights I just prefer the over the ear models.

I am thrilled I get to keep the ear buds, I like them a lot better. I have a fairly small head and ears so the over the ears model always start to get heavy and hurt after a while.

I have the Apple ear buds and I also have the Bose noise canceling headphones (for 7 years now). Great investment in the Bose headphones, but they have not worked well on the range.

I seem to love the Apple ear buds on the range. I found it necessary to leave the cord under my shirt to avoid any issues.

With as much travel as I have in the upcoming weeks, noise cancelling head phones might be something I need to invest in.

With as much travel as I have in the upcoming weeks, noise cancelling head phones might be something I need to invest in.
Cannot recommend noise canceling enough. It makes the experience much more pleasant, you don't realize how much the constant noise of a jet wears on you.

Another neat feature of the QC20i is a button that tones down the noise canceling so you can talk to someone without having to take the ear buds out.

Sony MDR-v-150 ...

Sony MDR-v-150 ...

Best bang for the buck? I've been using these for years, and I am simply inlove with them. Hours on duty, and lite as a feather. Not even there.
I haven't tried the latest and the greatest, but then again, I just haven't had a need to. These are the real deal. Well built, and amazing sound with comfort!

product_8384.jpg

Did you end up getting a pair? With upcoming air travel, I need to bite the bullet on some!

I picked up the Bose QC20's and I am really happy with them. They cost an arm and a leg but work really well and don't need batteries.

Any tried the Harmon Kardon NC headphones? Seem to have good reviews but was hoping someone might have experience with them. Probably between those and Bose QC 25 for me right now.

Back