2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a few friends who are really into Yoga, and their workouts are no joke. I've tried it a few times and it wasn't my thing, but have a lot of respect for those who do.

It does wonders for hamstrings if you run

First time in 18 weeks that I haven't lost weight over a week's time. Boo to that, though I suppose I earned it via too much cheating. Didn't gain at least. Getting to the point that I'm going to have to be pretty strict to get where I want I think. That'll be tough in the next month with what is basically three different vacations coming up.

Well, THPers, I weighed myself this morning and to my surprise the number was 198. I don't think I've been sub-200 since I was in middle school. I'm stunned, and incredibly ecstatic to have hit and surpassed that 200 mark, since I had been hovering between the 205-208 range for the last month or so. With a BBQ weekend at a friend's place for the 4th, I'll have to watch my portions in order to stay here, though.

Nice work Nate! Has to feel great dude.

Nice work Nate! Has to feel great dude.

It certainly does feel wonderful. I put on my size 38 golf shorts that I just bought (used to be a 42) and even they are a touch loose in the waist. The MC was my catalyst, and I am feeling so much healthier than I was at this time last year. The work has certainly been worth it.

Pants and shorts have become a nuisance. A nice one, but somewhat expensive.

If it wasn't for my lucky Gmamas win, I'd have to shell out a few bucks for more golf shorts. Golf clothes can be pricy.

It's a great problem buddy. I know how schmaltzy this will sound.

But I'm proud of what you have achieved.

Thanks Joe! It's been good for me physically and mentally. Will find out next week how it's affected me in terms of health after some bloodwork. That's probably the most important part.

It certainly does feel wonderful. I put on my size 38 golf shorts that I just bought (used to be a 42) and even they are a touch loose in the waist. The MC was my catalyst, and I am feeling so much healthier than I was at this time last year. The work has certainly been worth it.

I want to be where you are by the end of the year. Sitting at about 40/42 wanting to get down to at least a 38 or 36. Congrats!

Hawk- When you get your blood pressure checked and the nurse compliments you, it will feel good.

Hawk- When you get your blood pressure checked and the nurse compliments you, it will feel good.

We'll see how that goes lol. Sodium intake has certainly dropped due to less processed food, but I still run through salt like crazy.

Main things will be glucose levels and triglycerides. I'm not sure how cholesterol will be since it's sort of a common thing for both LDL/HDL to be higher in my immediate family. Glucose levels were definitely not good last time though.

My 5x5 squat weight has gone up 40 lbs over the past 4 weeks. I'm pretty happy about that.

I know thats the opposite of weight loss. But I'm happy about it.

I don't even know what that is, but 40lbs sounds impressive in such a short time. You should really paint yourself green for The Gauntlet. You can be the Hulk.

I don't even know what that is, but 40lbs sounds impressive in such a short time. You should really paint yourself green for The Gauntlet. You can be the Hulk.

5 sets of 5 reps.

I need to bulk up. I have Jason Finley to (gladly) carry around.

I gotcha. Don't worry. He only weighs like 125lbs. Skinny fella with a big laugh :)

I can't even lift my arms today. Yoga today. Leg day tomorrow. And I'm just about ready to tear into this ham sandwich and sweet potato for lunch. My body isn't used to this much work just yet.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while now, so here goes. The wife and I started Weight Watchers June 1, at that time I was 240 lbs. Started the diet mainly for support for the wife, but knew it was time for me to lose some weight also. I'm 46 and 5'7" , my THP user name is also my nickname.."Pudge"..While I'm pretty sure I won't be getting any taller, I can get smaller. My long term goal is <200 lbs. but that is off in the horizon some where. I weighed 226 on July 1 so I'm down 14lbs in a month. I have read some great weight loss stories in this thread and hope mine will be one too. Thx in advance to all you folks for your support.

I have been lurking on this thread for a while now, so here goes. The wife and I started Weight Watchers June 1, at that time I was 240 lbs. Started the diet mainly for support for the wife, but knew it was time for me to lose some weight also. I'm 46 and 5'7" , my THP user name is also my nickname.."Pudge"..While I'm pretty sure I won't be getting any taller, I can get smaller. My long term goal is <200 lbs. but that is off in the horizon some where. I weighed 226 on July 1 so I'm down 14lbs in a month. I have read some great weight loss stories in this thread and hope mine will be one too. Thx in advance to all you folks for your support.

14 lbs in a month is awesome! Keep it up!

Nice work Pudge. You can definitely get there dude. Just make it a way of life and give it some time.

I can't even lift my arms today. Yoga today. Leg day tomorrow. And I'm just about ready to tear into this ham sandwich and sweet potato for lunch. My body isn't used to this much work just yet.

Don't be afraid to eat. If you're hungry, a healthy snack will help recovery. Potassium and protein should be your friends.

Don't be afraid to eat. If you're hungry, a healthy snack will help recovery. Potassium and protein should be your friends.

I do like bananas. It's just about my lunch time anyways. That banana can wait until about 3 this afternoon.

Lat pull downs, bench and curls today. 30 minutes on the elliptical afterwards. Really trying to get into a routine.
You are doing great

Great news pudge. I am aldo 46 and 5'7" and 6 years ago I was 210lbs. Took 2 full years to get close to where I wanted to be. Dont get discouraged, and dont get hung up on scale number, the scale can lie!!!

30 minutes on the elliptical. Want to do yoga, but I'm about to fall out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back