Oldest Club In Your Bag

Still rockin' my PING ISI's, made for me in good old 1999 :)

I always wanted a set of ISI's. I played Ping Zing 2's for years, but could never get myself to pull the trigger on the ISI's.

Oldest club in my bag is my Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2. Have had it 12 years now and I still love it.

I still bag a Callaway Warbird 3-wood with the original RCH 90 shaft from the early 90s if I remember correctly. I have tried many modern 3-woods but none have out performed it, so it stays. It makes a wonderful 'tink' sound.

I also had a mint Wilson Staff 8813 putter, but I left it on a green and no one ever returned it (grrrrrrr...)

Wow, thanks for reviving this thread. I was thinking about this lately and almost started a thread title with the same name. So 1968 putter? That is amazing. I bet my putter falls apart long before it reaches 46 years.

I tend to hold on to clubs. I can't date them exact. My 62* utility wedge was very used when I got it at a pawn shop 15 years ago for $2. My irons are probably 12 years old now. It's in my kid's bag atm, but I have a permisson? wood with brass screws 8 wood, even the wife who doesn't play can hit this club straight and I will get it back in my bag at some point. Putter 12 years. fairway woods I got on clearance 15 years ago. The 3 wood is irreplaceable and is highly treasured by me.

I could walk and buy new clubs any day of the week, but it wouldn't be right until I learn to hit the ones I got.

I just put my 06 big bertha 5w back in the bag. First club i ever bought new. It won't go any further than my 3h on its best day but I love it off of the tee. I was going to pick up a 5deep but the gain vs the $... I will stick with old faithful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I game it my original Ping Anser is a couple of years older than me...its about 45 or so and still rolls putts just as good as ever.

Ima club ho. So nothing old right now. An Xhot 4w is it.

I have a lot of 2013 clubs, but got most of them this year. The oldest I've had in my bag is the Optiforce. I've almost had it in for a year. I've demoed other FW's, but nothing has beat out ole Opti yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm old school with my clubs. My irons I bought 10+ years ago (Titleist 680 blades). It's hard to replace them because I hit them well, and I had them custom made for me because I'm so damn tall.

My oldest club is either my Titleist SW or my MacGregor - Jack Nicklaus Velocitized 5-Wood. The sand wedge is about to get phased out - I have completely worn the grooves out. Even the "SAND WEDGE" stamping on the bottom is worn off. All of the chrome is gone too - its completely bare metal.

I have no intentions of dropping the 5-wood though. I can still smoke it 235 with a high ball flight and lots of spin. Just like the SW, it's been in the bag since I started playing when I was 12 or 13 (and I'm 32 now....).

Taylor Made 4-wood Bubble Shaft, Titanium Raylor. I was harassed by the Golfsmith club repair guy for having such an outdated club (mostly because bubble shafted clubs are a little harder to regrip due to the shaft's diameter). This club was given to me as a b-day gift back in '94-95 and was pretty expensive at the time that it came out.

$_35.JPG

Ping G2 Irons. Have tried numerous newer irons and always come back to these.

RTR '14

Oldest club in your bag.....

Oldest club in your bag.....

I know a lot of guys turn their bags over constantly with the new shiney clubs on the market. I'm one who up until joining THP, stayed fairly loyal to what I had in my bag. Up until last year I had a Taylormade 580XD driver, Ping I3+ irons, and a Titleist dci 981 SW in my bag which had been around for many years prior. Now after picking up a new putter this weekend, I'm down to a Snake Eyes 60 degrees wedge as my last 'old' club left. I've had it since I was a sophmore in high school and my dad had it prior to that.

What is your oldest club/clubs in the bag? Why do u keep it/them around?

From The HTC One Blue!

Right now it's my Scameron GoLo 5. I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon either as the only thing I'd replace it with is the new Golo.

I just revamped my bag this spring so everything is new except for my putter which is 3 years old. I still have my first putter and will keep it for sentimental reasons but it will more than likely never find its way into my bag again.

I still game some Adams A4 3h and 4h that I bought five years ago when I got back into golf after a long layoff.

They haven't been working for me, however, and will probably be dumped soon in favor of another long iron and possibly an additional wedge.

Everything else in my bag -- including the bag -- has been purchased since I joined THP based either directly or indirectly on things I've learned here!

Ken

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Just picked up a GoLo S Saturday. LOVE it! :)

Right now it's my Scameron GoLo 5. I doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon either as the only thing I'd replace it with is the new Golo.

Probably my irons. Powerbilt Citations from 1968 iirc, I also have an old Wilson Harmonized Sand Wedge I ground down. I'll be making a thread about the Wilson soon-it's like 3 wedges in one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is now probably my irons. Going strong on 4 years and I have no real desire to replace them.

First post. Sorry if I'm not doing this correctly. Had to answer this one. 1994 Wilson Sand Wedge. Gets me out of trouble every time and haven't learned to trust anything else.

Right now it's gotta be my driver, bought it 2 seasons ago I believe. Don't really see myself changing it at all, thing is long and straight.
Everything else in my bag I bought this past off-season and love it, so hopefully won't be changing it anytime soon.

All new equipment this year - Cobra Bio Cell, except for one......Wilson R90 Original Sand Wedge that I won in a golf tournament in the mid 1980's......I was having issues with bunker shots so I put it back in my bag....so far it has been excellent!

I always wanted a set of ISI's. I played Ping Zing 2's for years, but could never get myself to pull the trigger on the ISI's.

I know a guy that just switched to them, came from 2 year old clubs.. I wouldn't do that to be honest, if I'd had the money I'd go get fit this week for a complete new bag (minus the putter, though I'd make it longer).

Have a Wilson Staff putter from 20-25 years ago, one of the brass center shafted ones ("Model 2010").

Oldest club in my bag is now 9 days old.

Back