The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran to Kroger for lunch to pick up something to eat.

Saw a HUGE thing of mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, strawberries) and it had a bright yellow sign on it that said "Manager Special". Walked up to it and saw $5.99 and thought that was a superb deal. Grabbed a red bull and a small sushi plate. Got to self check out and the total came up to freaking $25.00.

Was baffled, but went ahead and paid... checked the receipt and it was like $15 for the fruit. Needless to say, the $5.99 was PER POUND! The dang thing weighed over 2 pounds. HA!

yeah... when it seems too good to be true.... it often is

Either some people are dense or don't think the rules apply to them ... or both.

The State of Emergency continues in my city. We have 3 routes over the river to get from the North to the South ends of town.

The "safe" section, which is the bypass 2 miles out of town has been under water since Sunday. This leaves our two main arterial roads. Instead of sandbagging them both, they are sacrificing one of them, and are letting water overtake/cover it, for the sake of saving the road with businesses on it.

Unfortunately I now work on the North side, and live on the South side... methinks my drive to work will start taking a lot longer.

I'm walking up to my car and see the door on the car next to me up against mine. there's a big scratch on my car. The idiot just flung the door open, inconsiderate %!@#. Then they deny doing it. Not much I can do I guess. Too bad people just don't do the right thing enough.

The Official Rant of the Day

In a meeting. Getting the most inanely detailed update ever. Imagine taking your car for an oil change and not being able to leave until you hear a presentation on the manufacturing processes that made the specific oil that's being put in your car and maybe a brief history of the oil industry in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got an email from Norton today. Automatic renewal at the end of the month, but didn't list a price. Went online to check and noticed that they are currently selling Norton 360 for $49.99. My renewal? $79.99.

Why do I get screwed out of $30 for staying loyal to the product? At any rate, I cancelled my automatic renewal. May buy new (for $49.99) or go with another option now.

Got an email from Norton today. Automatic renewal at the end of the month, but didn't list a price. Went online to check and noticed that they are currently selling Norton 360 for $49.99. My renewal? $79.99.

Why do I get screwed out of $30 for staying loyal to the product? At any rate, I cancelled my automatic renewal. May buy new (for $49.99) or go with another option now.

Exact same thing happened to me. Except I didn't catch it until after thy billed my card.

It was a very quick and easy call to get the credit and she took my account off auto renewal.

But I still thought it was a bit shady to do that. I guess thus hope enough people won't compare the renewal price to the new subscription prices.

I saw one of our neighbors unloading massive amounts of fireworks from his truck this afternoon. The same neighbors performed what I assume was a reenactment of the bombardment of Iwo Jima last year. I just heard the first salvo, and my dog is not digging this. I suspect it will go on all weekend for several hours each day. I don't have anything against fireworks, but last year was miserable, and they appear to be armed for a repeat. I am gonna have to take our dog to my in-laws.

I saw one of our neighbors unloading massive amounts of fireworks from his truck this afternoon. The same neighbors performed what I assume was a reenactment of the bombardment of Iwo Jima last year. I just heard the first salvo, and my dog is not digging this. I suspect it will go on all weekend for several hours each day. I don't have anything against fireworks, but last year was miserable, and they appear to be armed for a repeat. I am gonna have to take our dog to my in-laws.

1-800-Holiday-Inn

Thundershirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exact same thing happened to me. Except I didn't catch it until after thy billed my card.

It was a very quick and easy call to get the credit and she took my account off auto renewal.

But I still thought it was a bit shady to do that. I guess thus hope enough people won't compare the renewal price to the new subscription prices.

I spoke to a guy from Norton, named Harry, about it. He suggested the same thing, to turn off the auto renew and buy a new version. He said it wasn't fair, and that marketing or some such was looking in to it. He said that he would push my case up to make the point. At least they listened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sunshine, heat, no wind.... why is this a rant?

Went to the range, grabbed a bucket, and was talking to the owner. Mentioned I want to set up some lessons, but not sure what to key on, as there are many things I would like to resolve. His response: "Have you seen the new Game Golf that we brought in?"

I want lessons. Wanna ask me what I would like to work on? What I think needs to be addressed? Nope. Instead you want to sell me stuff that I don't need.

Gridlock....at least i get reception in this tunnel.
agepeman.jpg

Sunshine, heat, no wind.... why is this a rant?

Went to the range, grabbed a bucket, and was talking to the owner. Mentioned I want to set up some lessons, but not sure what to key on, as there are many things I would like to resolve. His response: "Have you seen the new Game Golf that we brought in?"

I want lessons. Wanna ask me what I would like to work on? What I think needs to be addressed? Nope. Instead you want to sell me stuff that I don't need.

Sounds like he thought Game would help you key in what to work on.

Sounds like he thought Game would help you key in what to work on.

I would like to say thats what he thought.... but he has been trying to push Game on me since they opened this year.

Gonna have to go to my old pro and see what he thinks I need to do.

Wearing a maroon t-shirt with a raised collar (almost like a Turtleneck). It's comfy, it looks nice. But my girlfriend hates it. Which in turn makes me wear it with pride!

Wearing a maroon t-shirt with a raised collar (almost like a Turtleneck). It's comfy, it looks nice. But my girlfriend hates it. Which in turn makes me wear it with pride!

Popped collar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back