Rec's for hybrid with less offset?

DaBuckBoys

Reaction score
I've owned a couple hybrids but never hit them consistently well. Only functional shots with my Cleveland Mashie+ are playing fairway wood style "stinger" shots...

If I take an iron swing its hook city. Looking at the club at address, I realized how much offset it has and that I think I over-play a forward press to get a square look. That's probably resulting in the hook. I try to open the face up a bit, but then I don't get very good results either.

Any recommendations on a hybrid lin with minimal offset?

Adams Pro

The Altitudes have zero offset I believe.

Ping i25.

Although there is also the obligatory "its not the hybrid" statement as well. Maybe take the funds you would pay towards the new hybrid and speak with a qualified swing instructor to work out the problem.

Nike Covert Tour and the Titleist Hybrids are a couple others to consider. Bridgestone J40.

Check out the Callaway diablo DRS. No offset, and straight as an arrow.

Nike Covert Tour and the Titleist Hybrids are a couple others to consider. Bridgestone J40.

Haven't tried the others but seconded on the J40. You can find some decent deals online if you're patient.

Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 tour. I have three of these and love them added benefit is the hosel is adjustable as well. Plus you can pick them up fairly cheap on the bay I got one with a Kuro Kage shaft for $75.00.

I see much better results using an "iron" type swing as well so I would recommend the following.

Current models: Adams Pro Mini, Adams DHY

Older clubs: Adams 9031, Mizuno Fli Hi (cut muscle version)

The DHY is probably the thinnest of the hybrids and the original cut muscle version of the Fli Hi would be considered a long iron replacement. I have only demo'd the Mini but it seemed to work really well. Depending on my bag set-up I game either the DHY's or the Mizunos.

Adams PRO / LSP is my favorite

I'm a big fan of the SLDR hybrid.

Fwiw - the Adams Pro is pretty darn spectacular.

the cleveland classic also have minimal offset

Adams xtd pro and pro mini. My 2 cents

Thanks guys. I'll see whay I can get out & hit this weekend. Definitely will look for the Adams, J40. I think a guy I play with on Sunday has a Titleist, maybe he'll let me swing it at the range.

Seconded on j40 and Adams pro. But about the Mashie, it used to be hook city for me until I started opening the face and taking the ball a bit up in my stance to play a cut. Ever since, it's the most automatic club in my bag off the tee.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Adams pro and x2hot pro are both solid hybos with minimal offset

Back