Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it was a practice round I had a 250 yard (downhill) 3 wood make the green and 2 putt for bird.

Seeing as I only hit 2 fairways today, my best shots logically came out of the trees. Both shots were about 190 that I had to keep down and hit between two trees to pull them off. Hit a 4 hybrid that I put in the bag today for the first time in 6 months for the heck of it. I was a 2nd shot to a par 5 and it ended up on the fringe for a 2 putt birdie. The other was a 2nd shot that I put about 20 feet left of the hole for a two putt par.

Today it was a combination of TWO shots a 265 yard drive into a cross wind that kept it's line, followed by a chip in from 30 yards, for EAGLE.

3w/5w on a tricky par 5 for this eagle putt... which I missed:
u5e2uzed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knocked a driver shot out to 301 today. Other than that, not too much to call home about.

Hit an approach shot from 172 from a fairway bunker to 10 feet from the pin.

Birdie putt stopped right next to the hole. Story of my putting lately.

My best shop today had to be my drive on #2. This tee shot always gets me nervous, because anything left is in the river. I typically just hit the driver out to the right and hope to get on in three and one putt. But today, I decided to not worry about it and just try and hit my normal drive down the right side and draw it back. It was fantastic. Center fairway and long. Gave myself an easy wedge into the green and my first birdie on that hole.

Either my 9 iron from 171 which spun back to 5 feet. Or my 305 yard drive.

Best shot from yesterday was a 195 yd par 3. Playing down hill to about 185, hit a beauty of a 7 iron that tracked at the pin the entire way. Due to the shadows on the green, didn't see it land but heard that distinct "thud" when a ball hits the green. Pulled up to see this
zerepazy.jpg

Hit a 9i from 155 to a couple feet. Kicked it in for birdie

Downhill, left breaking 6 footer on 18 for birdie drained to shoot 71!

Best part of todays round was hole #5 a long par 5 dog leg to the left. This has always been a tough one for me (hole handicap 5). I finally got a BIRDIE !!! Nice drive to the middle of the fairway, then a 5 hybrid to about 110 yards out. Hit a real nice pitching wedge to about 12 feet and sunk the birdie putt. This is probably the hardest green on the course with about 4 different levels. I was just above the hole, don't know how my ball stopped on the downhill. Hit the downhill putt with about 12 inch break and it tracked right in. Life is GOOD !!!

I hit a big drive when I really needed one. Not sure how far I hit it, but it was over 275 and the ball came to rest on the 200 yard plate (par 5).

Caught one drive at 290 total to carry a creek (230 carry) coverted the short approach into bird

Easy today. Chipped in for birdie on 1. Was at the bottom of a ~20 foot elevated green, and put it up. Knew it was good and ran up a few steps just in time to see it roll the last 5 feet into the cup. Went +6 in the next 5 holes, but was a good start :)

My best shop today had to be my drive on #2. This tee shot always gets me nervous, because anything left is in the river. I typically just hit the driver out to the right and hope to get on in three and one putt. But today, I decided to not worry about it and just try and hit my normal drive down the right side and draw it back. It was fantastic. Center fairway and long. Gave myself an easy wedge into the green and my first birdie on that hole.

Not the 275 yard hybrid?

X Hot 3H 228 yards to about 15 ft. after a perfect drive on a par 5

gyqune4y.jpg

157 yard par 3 today. Apex 7I to about 8 ft. Burned the right edge on the birdie putt, but was really happy with that shot on a tight par 3.
6yvuby6e.jpg

Apexification!

5 iron into stiff breeze on #16 at True Blue from 175 out, tracked the pin all the way and nestled about 4 feet away. Made the birdie.

evesequd.jpg

On the 15th hole, which is a medium length par 4, I busted a drive down the right side, leaving myself 125 to a back pin into the wind. I hit a PW dead perfect with a baby draw, WAY up into the air. It took one hop and disappeared. I wasn't sure if it went into the hole or off the back of the green, because I didn't hear it hit the pin or anything. My partner proceeded to hit one to about 2 feet (we were playing 4 man best ball where the two best scores in your foursome counted). We got up to the green, and there was my ball in the hole. My partner made the birdie putt and we went -3 on one par 4. It was the first hole on the last press bet, so my eagle was extremely profitable.

30 Yard pitch with 5 foot right to left break to 2 feet just missing high side.

Spun one back on a 140 yard par 3 that needed a bit more energy and would have given me a solid run for an HOI... ended up stopping probably 3-4 feet out but fun to think about on the tee box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back